Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

11 minutes ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

Because I don’t think Chilwell hasn’t had multiple outstanding games means you can insinuate i’m not a fan or I don’t know football? 

That's your own paranoid insecurity. Additionally, your personal incredulity is irrelevant. 

Ridiculous comment and you could reply directly to me if you’re going to say that.

I just did...see previous post. Calm down. It's a football forum, and the purpose of such discourse is to challenge opinions. Don't be so sensitive and indignant. 

You clearly have lower standards than me in terms of performance but you still haven’t given many examples where he was gonna the outstanding player. He’s consistently good, not consistently exceptional. 

Jeez...I've watched this side since McLintock, endured, Pleat, Taylor, Bassett, Holloway, Sven and Levein. Want to discuss the gruesome details? Seriously, you don't know you're born kid. Don't be afraid to challenge your entitled preconceptions. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

From what I’ve been told he’s deffo Chelsea bound. Question is who are we replacing him with.

It’s Drinkwater isn’t it?

15 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Remember when Chilwell and Choudhury were dropped and disciplined by the club? Rodgers spoke at the time about players having a choice as to how many sacrifices they need to make to reach the top. I suspect that’s what he’s getting it when he talks about improving the squad with players who have a better mentality and ambition.

Wouldn't surprise me if both were gone by the end of the window.

Thanks Grim Reeper.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Line-X said:

You asked for instances when Chilwell was 'absolutely brilliant' - a subjective and anecdotal appeal for starters...and it is not my intention to 'belittle' you. 

I disagree - and I provided an example of such a performance. As I said, the potential is manifest. 

????? At no point did I suggest that you did - I merely observed how effectively Ben exploits the flank in tandem and partnership with Ricky. 

And I'm sure that others will oblige. After all, there are many. Would you like to discuss this in detail?

Actually, he has...and I provided an example of this yes? Note, that you have abandoned the plural. Thanks.

To reiterate - you asked for examples, I obliged. I'm curious, are you disputing that?

It does indeed. What's your point.  

You picked 45minutes from over 3 years ago. Surely that’s reiterating my point as that’s not particularly giving substantial evidence of development if only a 45min highlight was at the front of your memory. 

11 minutes ago, Line-X said:

It does indeed. What's your point. 

the point being that if he’s exposed by the best why is he worth £60m other than “potential”? 

12 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Performance wise...and based upon the way that Ben Chilwell has acquitted himself for Leicester City, what are your expectations. What do Frank Lampard and Gareth Southgate see in him that a self-appointed armchair expert such as yourself doesn't? Why are you blind to developing formidable potential? Classic Foxes Talk. 

My expectations? I don’t have of him I just don’t put him on a pedestal with our other players that’s all. I think you’ve missed my point entirely as i’m not dragging him down. I’ve already stated that he has potential that’s clear, but it’s not like Southgate is inundated with options at left back is it? There’s probably Shaw who is a realistic alternative to him in the line up unless i’m missing any? Maybe Bertrand at a push? 

left back has been a weak point for Chelsea ever since the irreplaceable Cole left. Pep, arguably one of the best managers of all time has got it wrong on numerous occasions with big fees. Managers get it wrong a lot with big transfers. 

12 minutes ago, Line-X said:

That's your own paranoid insecurity. Additionally, your personal incredulity is irrelevant. 

I just did...see previous post. Calm down. It's a football forum, and the purpose of such discourse is to challenge opinions. Don't be so sensitive and indignant. 

I understand opinions are here to be challenged, but you’re not exactly challenging them at all if i’m honest. So I don’t really understand what point you’re trying to make other than waffling on about irrelevant points and going on tangents. 

14 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Jeez...I've watched this side since McLintock, endured, Pleat, Taylor, Bassett, Holloway, Sven and Levein. Want to discuss the gruesome details? Seriously, you don't know you're born kid. Don't be afraid to challenge your entitled preconceptions. 

And I’ve also supported the club home and away through all the managers since the O’Neill era. Your point is? Number of years following a club doesn’t equate to global football knowledge surprisingly, if it did then I’ve earnt my name throughout people in Leicester who I frequently discuss the club with.

Chilwell is definitely one of the most talented left backs we’ve had. But all i’m trying to say is I don’t fully believe a £60m fee is justified and the club should consider any approach above or around that fee.

If you can counter argue to justify it, then i’m willing to listen.

Seems like McGuire again. I’ve tried finding the overall ratings from last year for our players but would say he’s probably ninth or tenth. Overall I rate him as being ok but I think he gets in the the way of barnes. However I think Barnes is the next de dbryune so don’t take my word for it. Anything over 50 mill snap their hands off.

26 minutes ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

You picked 45minutes from over 3 years ago. Surely that’s reiterating my point as that’s not particularly giving substantial evidence of development if only a 45min highlight was at the front of your memory. 

No, I picked one example of an outstanding performance. You suggested that beyond Southampton away last October, (which actually I dispute, Gunn in particular was atrocious) there hadn't been any. You invited examples of outstanding performances, I obliged. 

the point being that if he’s exposed by the best why is he worth £60m other than “potential”? 

Many, many quality defenders are humbled by "the best"...it's all part of learning. Ben is still young. 

My expectations? I don’t have of him I just don’t put him on a pedestal with our other players that’s all. I think you’ve missed my point entirely as i’m not dragging him down. I’ve already stated that he has potential that’s clear, but it’s not like Southgate is inundated with options at left back is it? There’s probably Shaw who is a realistic alternative to him in the line up unless i’m missing any? Maybe Bertrand at a push? 

Bertrand??? Seriously? 

The discussion of 'expectations' relates to the fact that you support LCFC. We are very fortunate to have identified, retained and developed such a talent as Ben.

left back has been a weak point for Chelsea ever since the irreplaceable Cole left. Pep, arguably one of the best managers of all time has got it wrong on numerous occasions with big fees. Managers get it wrong a lot with big transfers. 

Numerous occasions? List them. 

Chelsea signing Chilwell will be our loss, their gain.

I understand opinions are here to be challenged, but you’re not exactly challenging them at all if i’m honest. So I don’t really understand what point you’re trying to make other than waffling on about irrelevant points and going on tangents. 

Identify the tangential content of my posts...go ahead. You asked for examples of outstanding performances from Ben. I provided one. Other than that, I have addressed your comments on a point by point basis. 

And I’ve also supported the club home and away through all the managers since the O’Neill era. Your point is? Number of years following a club doesn’t equate to global football knowledge surprisingly, if it did then I’ve earnt my name throughout people in Leicester who I frequently discuss the club with.

Yet oddly you fail to appreciate talent and potential of an existing and future asset? You've 'earnt' (sic) your name throughout Leicester who you frequently discuss the club with?" Are you actually being serious?

Chilwell is definitely one of the most talented left backs we’ve had. But all i’m trying to say is I don’t fully believe a £60m fee is justified and the club should consider any approach above or around that fee.

Agree. What, you'd accept less? Really, don't ever entertain the notion of going into business. Fees are absurdly inflated....is it justified? given the potential of the lad, then yes, entirely.

If you can counter argue to justify it, then i’m willing to listen.

Genuinely refreshing to know, and I appreciate that. Simply, my contention is that we should hold on to him for as long as we can. Contrary to opinion on here, there is no guarantee of an assured replacement and oddly as I have pointed out and no intention to appeal to authority, but scouts, coaches, managers, St.Georges Park - the people that actually understand football as opposed to the inhabitants of an internet forum or the majority of our ****wit fanbase, see enormous potential in the lad. We would do well to keep him, Your dispute is not with me, rather the owners of this club that are intent on retaining him. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Line-X said:

No, I picked one example of an outstanding performance. You suggested that beyond Southampton away last October, (which actually I dispute, Gunn in particular was atrocious) there hadn't been any. You invited examples of outstanding performances, I obliged. 

And since haven’t given any other games in which he was an outstanding performer even though I disputed that a 45minute performance in circa 4years isn’t exactly substantial. 

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Many, many quality defenders are humbled by "the best"...it's all part of learning. Ben is still young. 

Bertrand??? Seriously? 

Agreed, yes he is of course still young and the next two years will undoubtedly be a measure of his potential.

Bertrand was a joke as it’s been signalled on here as someone we replace BC with. 

9 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Numerous occasions? List them.

Pep: 

Stones £50m 

Mendy £50m 

Cancelo (so far) £58m 

Chygrynski (Ukrainian) £20m 

Danilo £27m 

Note where they all play. 

14 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Signing Chilwell will be out loss, Chelsea's gain

Agreed, if we don’t spend wisely. Also IF he performs for Chelsea. 

16 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Yet oddly you fail to appreciate talent and potential of an existing and future asset? You've 'learnt' your name throughout Leicester who you frequently discuss the club with?" Are you actually being serious?

Again you’re missing the point i’ve appreciated him but he’s not a £60m player. The latter was a joke, however a lot of people have stated my football knowledge is wise beyond my years on numerous (hence the name on here which you amusingly attempted dig out earlier). 

19 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Agree. What, you'd accept less? Really, don't ever entertain the notion of going into business. Fees are absurdly inflated....is it justified? given the potential of the lad, then yes, entirely. 

Never once said that, so you’re creating arguments for yourself there. In or around should be considered not accepted. 

I’m in business thanks and doing well on the part side of a chartered profession also, so I’ll gladly refuse your advice:D

21 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Genuinely refreshing to know, and I appreciate that. Simply, my contention is that we should hold on to him for as long as we can. Contrary to opinion on here, there is no guarantee of an assured replacement and oddly as I have pointed out and no intention to appeal to authority, but scouts, coaches, managers, St.Georges Park - the people that actually understand football as opposed to the inhabitants of an internet forum or the majority of our ****wit fanbase, see enormous potential in the lad. We would do well to keep him, Your dispute is not with me, rather the owners of this club that are intent on retaining him. 

See I understand your reasoning now you’ve made it. But the only issue I see is that with his current level of performance his value could be likely to depreciate, whereby if he doesn’t improve we’ve missed a big opportunity to spur on. There’s no saying he will be adequately replaced, but that’s a risk i’d be willing to take. He’s not a Leicester lad and he’s definitely got a knack of pissing off the fans at the moment unfortunately. 

Potential and being english is what is propping up his value at the moment, I see the potential but i’m not utterly convinced in that he will become a world class left back in the likes of Alba, Alaba, Cole, Marcelo (not now of course), Irwin, Evra, etc etc as he’s not given much to go by other than potential. At some point said potential needs to turn in to frequent world class performances, surely?

Just now, Walkers said:

If we let him go and can't get a replacement, I don't think somebody like Danny Rose on a season long loan to rotate with Thomas/Fuchs to a lesser extent would be THAT bad

I'm sorry, this is not the 'unpopular opinions you hold' thread :)

• Haha 3

Guest Mee-9

As soon as there’s a slight sniff of a player wanting to leave, the pitchforks come out. Love it.

Seems ages since we were watching Ryan McGivern at left back and having a meltdown because Bruno Berner was injured. How times have changed lads!  

It’s been said a lot already, but he is a really important player for us. We lack players who bring us up the field and that is something him and Ricardo do really well. He’s very comfortable on the ball, competent passer & dribbler and more than decent at defending. His crossing leaves a lot to be desired but besides that he’s solid. Not many defenders can do everything and there’s only a handful of LB’s that are better than Ben. We would struggle to get someone better and someone who can settle in our team/league.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I’ve just got back from my social distancing shopping trip. Had to get more popcorn to watch this battle of wits and intellect between @Line-X & @PrecociousFox93

Keep it up fellas, thrilling stuff 😂

🤣🤣 cheers

I didn’t realise it was such hard work to say that it wouldn’t be the end of the bloomin’ world if we received a substantial sum for a left back! 

Edited by PrecociousFox93
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Line-X said:

I'm not convinced that any of them would entertain the idea of coming here or necessarily prove to be an immediate upgrade on Chilwell. This is pure conjecture on your part. Tagliafico, as extensively discussed, would admittedly be a great return, but honestly, I'd prefer to continue to develop Ben. Two things that concerned me about Rodgers, one dimensional tactics and a stubborn approach to this and recruitment. The former has been borne out in the second half of this season. The latter, is again supposition, based upon largely anecdotal doubts about Congerton. Frankly, if any of the above sign for Leicester right this summer, I'll be most surprised. And like I said, your conviction that they would be an instant improvement on Chilwell largely in the absence of proven Premier League experience is pure fantasist wishful thinking. We know Chilwell - we know his appreciable strengths and we know precisely where he needs to improve. One area that I remain confident about Brendan is coaching ability. It would be complete folly to dispense with Ben for an unknown commodity, which is why the club is desperate to retain him. 

@Ric Flair @Finnegan...Gerard is insinuating that you are both hipsters! lol:ph34r:

All very good shouts, Telles is very much like Ricardo in that he's been under the radar and then stayed in Portugal a bit too long. I think we'd be a very good choice for him had we got top 4 and still a good option if none of the elite want him.

Some other targets

1) Ismail Jakobs from Koln

2) Owen Wijndal from AZ

3) Luca Pellegrini from Juventus (they need money)

4) Faitout Maouassa from Rennes

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

All very good shouts, Telles is very much like Ricardo in that he's been under the radar and then stayed in Portugal a bit too long. I think we'd be a very good choice for him had we got top 4 and still a good option if none of the elite want him.

Some other targets

1) Israel Jakobs from Koln

2) Owen Wijndal from AZ

3) Luca Pellegrini from Juventus (they need money)

4) Faitout Maouassa from Rennes

You're like a real life football manager virgin Ric. I bet you stick your suit on when you're in a final on FM2020:whistle:

• Haha 4