Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

59 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

chelsea fans will quickly be on his back if a high fee is agreed. his confidence will drop and he'll end up being their worst player. 

can see that happening. 

I can't

1 hour ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

I remember him being great at the 9-0 game. But i’m curious, does anybody else have any other games where you thought Chilwell was absolutely brilliant?

Yeah - second half at home to Atletico he was absolutely world class. Bet you wish that you'd similarly had such precocious talent as a youngster? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest An Sionnach

No one is irreplaceable , if he leaves , we will lose his  attacking skills but Justin and Thomas are improving rapidly and Fuchsy is still around . We should still sign another left sided defender , hopefully one who can double as a central defender. Pereira , Benkovic , Soyuncu , Evans , Thomas , Justin , Fuchs and one other should give us the defensive options we need.

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Thing about Ben is the media seem to see something we don't .Are we all missing something? If he goes , good luck to him , but Chelsea or Man. City are big ponds and the scrutiny will be intense.

He is England LB, thats what they see, established England players move to big clubs, its the script.

• Like 1

TBF Ben's given us good service and now the time is right to cash in while his stock is high. That's the deal with a club like ours.

Come to us, improve, get international recognition and get your big move.

I know Ben's been here as a kid but the same principle applies. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Yeah - second half at home to Atletico he was absolutely world class. Bet you wish that you'd similarly had such precocious talent as a youngster? 

So 1.5 / 123 games he’s been particularly great. Interesting.

I think everyone would, what a stupid statement. Wouldn’t you? My argument is I can’t remember him being outstanding enough to be be deemed worthy of upwards of £60m:thumbup:

Just now, PrecociousFox93 said:

So 1.5 / 123 games he’s been particularly great. Interesting.

I think everyone would, what a stupid statement. Wouldn’t you? My argument is I can’t remember him being outstanding enough to be be deemed worthy of upwards of £60m:thumbup:

No - you asked for an example. To remind you, this is what you said...

I remember him being great at the 9-0 game. But i’m curious, does anybody else have any other games where you thought Chilwell was absolutely brilliant?

The potential was and is abundantly clear. 

This is pure cherry picking and denial on your part. Incidentally, Saints were so atrocious that I actually disregard that fixture and I still remain hugely disappointed that the club I have supported for four decades didn't similarly acknowledge such an anomaly as opposed to taunting Southhampton in the remarkably ill-conceived and undignified decision to screen footage of the goals prior to hosting them for the home fixture. Particularly since that night they had arranged such a tasteful and respectful pre-match tribute to our deceased chairman on the anniversary of his passing. ****ing classless and clueless by our club. Despicable.

I digress, There are many, many games over the past two seasons that Chilly and Ricky have stretched and shredded defences on the flank. I love Ben's overlaps - his final decision making needs some work. Surely, you can see beyond that? Seriously, what do you expect from this club? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

For a minute then, i thought you'd written "Matt Targett" from Villa.....oh wait, you have!!!:rolleyes:

Yeah don't really see a problem. He's a good player in my opinion, seemed to do alright against us. Maybe some random foreigner with a fancy name would be better though. 

32 minutes ago, Line-X said:

This is pure cherry picking and denial on your part. Incidentally, Saints were so atrocious that I actually disregard that fixture and I still remain hugely disappointed that the club I have supported for four decades didn't similarly acknowledge such an anomaly as opposed to taunting Southhampton in the remarkably ill-conceived and undignified decision to screen footage of the goals prior to hosting them for the home fixture. Particularly since that night they had arranged such a tasteful and respectful pre-match tribute to our deceased chairman on the anniversary of his passing. ****ing classless and clueless by our club. Despicable.

I digress, There are many, many games over the past two seasons that Chilly and Ricky have stretched and shredded defences on the flank. I love Ben's overlaps - his final decision making needs some work. Surely, you can see beyond that? Seriously, what do you expect from this club? 

I know what I said so you can stop belittling me with “so i’ll remind you”.

The issue we have here is I don’t think you actually fully understand my point. I’m not saying he’s not been good, i’m saying he hasn’t been outstanding, two massively different descriptions which if you can’t understand that is your own problem. 

I’ve also never mentioned Ricardo as I actually think he’s one of our best and most creative players. 

There’s literally no denial. I’ve asked for examples of games (note that it was plural) of when he has been outstanding. I’m not denying his potential either, i’m saying he’s not been outstanding so you’re literally making up your own points of which there has been no discussion with me before that.  

£60m+ and he’s the player out of our back four which was targeted by both Pep and Klopp. That speaks volumes. 

What do I expect from this club? What an absurd question, what relevance does that have to anything I’ve said when i’m linking Chilwell’s performances to the rumoured transfer fee?

57 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Tbf he asked for games (Plural) As examples and you gave him half a game.

Now I’m not wanting you to list as many games as you can think of were chillwell had a good game and justifies the price tag.. I’m just pointing out you emphasised his point by trying to counter debate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

As much as there are options out there to replace Chilwell, I can guarantee that we don't get the right 1 in.

There are more promising fullbacks out there that would 100% come here, as has been written down numerous times in this thread, but they won't be the ones we target. That's my worry. 

If we sell Chillwell, i think we will go for Bertrand from Southampton.

3 hours ago, don_danbury said:

chelsea fans will quickly be on his back if a high fee is agreed. his confidence will drop and he'll end up being their worst player. 

can see that happening. 

As if.

When has that ever happened before?

images.jpeg.a227047815082729f018c463e179864e.jpeg

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

I'm not convinced that any of them would entertain the idea of coming here or necessarily prove to be an immediate upgrade on Chilwell. This is pure conjecture on your part. Tagliafico, as extensively discussed, would admittedly be a great return, but honestly, I'd prefer to continue to develop Ben. Two things that concerned me about Rodgers, one dimensional tactics and a stubborn approach to this and recruitment. The former has been borne out in the second half of this season. The latter, is again supposition, based upon largely anecdotal doubts about Congerton. Frankly, if any of the above sign for Leicester right this summer, I'll be most surprised. And like I said, your conviction that they would be an instant improvement on Chilwell largely in the absence of proven Premier League experience is pure fantasist wishful thinking. We know Chilwell - we know his appreciable strengths and we know precisely where he needs to improve. One area that I remain confident about Brendan is coaching ability. It would be complete folly to dispense with Ben for an unknown commodity, which is why the club is desperate to retain him. 

@Ric Flair @Finnegan...Gerard is insinuating that you are both hipsters! lol:ph34r:

Even if any would come here I can't see us breaking our transfer record to get one, plus the extra £20 million that would get added on because they know we've got money. Wouldn't leave much left for the winger and the replacement left back might be worse.

Chilwell is not going to be easy to replace if he goes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

I still remain hugely disappointed that the club I have supported for four decades didn't similarly acknowledge such an anomaly as opposed to taunting Southhampton in the remarkably ill-conceived and undignified decision to screen footage of the goals prior to hosting them for the home fixture. Particularly since that night they had arranged such a tasteful and respectful pre-match tribute to our deceased chairman on the anniversary of his passing. ****ing classless and clueless by our club. Despicable.

To be fair we show highlights of the previous game against the opposition for every home game as far as I'm aware - it's not like they were singled out because we'd battered them. If we'd put in the same performance but only won 4-0 would it be acceptable?

18 minutes ago, Guest said:

To be fair we show highlights of the previous game against the opposition for every home game as far as I'm aware - it's not like they were singled out because we'd battered them. If we'd put in the same performance but only won 4-0 would it be acceptable?

I felt it was both cynical and unnecessary. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Tbf he asked for games (Plural) As examples and you gave him half a game.

Now I’m not wanting you to list as many games as you can think of were chillwell had a good game and justifies the price tag.. I’m just pointing out you emphasised his point by trying to counter debate.

Games as in examples...and I gave hime one as I'm sure he was inviting others. Ambiguous? yes. If you really feel that Ben's outstanding performances can be reduced to one game, (Southampton away) then I genuinely have no idea how you have been following this club and what you have been watching. 

Remember when Chilwell and Choudhury were dropped and disciplined by the club? Rodgers spoke at the time about players having a choice as to how many sacrifices they need to make to reach the top. I suspect that’s what he’s getting at when he talks about improving the squad with players who have a better mentality and ambition.

Wouldn't surprise me if both were gone by the end of the window.

Edited by Ricey

11 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Games as in examples...and I gave hime one as I'm sure he was inviting others. Ambiguous? yes. If you really feel that Ben's outstanding performances can be reduced to one game, (Southampton away) then I genuinely have no idea how you have been following this club and what you have been watching. 

Because I don’t think Chilwell hasn’t had multiple outstanding games means you can insinuate i’m not a fan or I don’t know football? Ridiculous comment and you could reply directly to me if you’re going to say that.

You clearly have lower standards than me in terms of performance but you still haven’t given many examples where he was gonna the outstanding player. He’s consistently good, not consistently exceptional. 

15 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Remember when Chilwell and Choudhury were dropped and disciplined by the club? Rodgers spoke at the time about players having a choice as to how many sacrifices they need to make to reach the top. I suspect that’s what he’s getting it when he talks about improving the squad with players who have a better mentality and ambition.

Wouldn't surprise me if both were gone by the end of the window.

Thanks Grim Reeper.

• Sad 1

You asked for instances when Chilwell was 'absolutely brilliant' - a subjective and anecdotal appeal for starters...and it is not my intention to 'belittle' you. 

The issue we have here is I don’t think you actually fully understand my point. I’m not saying he’s not been good, i’m saying he hasn’t been outstanding, two massively different descriptions which if you can’t understand that is your own problem. 

I disagree - and I provided an example of such a performance. As I said, the potential is manifest. 

I’ve also never mentioned Ricardo as I actually think he’s one of our best and most creative players. 

????? At no point did I suggest that you did - I merely observed how effectively Ben exploits the flank in tandem and partnership with Ricky. 

There’s literally no denial. I’ve asked for examples of games (note that it was plural) of when he has been outstanding. 

And I'm sure that others will oblige. After all, there are many. Would you like to discuss this in detail?

I’m not denying his potential either, i’m saying he’s not been outstanding so you’re literally making up your own points of which there has been no discussion with me before that.  

Actually, he has...and I provided an example of this yes? Note, that you have abandoned the plural. Thanks.

so you’re literally making up your own points of which there has been no discussion with me before that.  

To reiterate - you asked for examples, I obliged. I'm curious, are you disputing that?

£60m+ and he’s the player out of our back four which was targeted by both Pep and Klopp. That speaks volumes. 

It does indeed. What's your point. 

What do I expect from this club? What an absurd question, what relevance does that have to anything I’ve said when i’m linking Chilwell’s performances to the rumoured transfer fee?

Performance wise...and based upon the way that Ben Chilwell has acquitted himself for Leicester City, what are your expectations. What do Frank Lampard and Gareth Southgate see in him that a self-appointed armchair expert such as yourself doesn't? Why are you blind to developing formidable potential? Classic Foxes Talk. 

• Like 1