Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

Don’t want to see Chilwell go but like I said before, if the Maguire money has yet to be spent and we get £70-80m for Chilwell and IF £100 million of that is re-invested wisely in the playing staff, it’s a good move for the club. Liverpool have built a world beating side by selling arguably their best player in Coutinho. 

It’s an opportunity.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Another good opportunity stick justin on the left with thomas for cover and get us a left footed winger to write home about.

JJ is decent as cover but I’ve seen nothing from him to suggest he’s at the level needed to cement a starting spot for us, if we sell Chilwell we have to replace him imo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

To be fair, Drinky has the relaxed demeanour of a man who has earned £15m+ for around 1500 mins of work over the last 3 years.

He looks a bit pissed to me...which wouldn't surprise me one bit

Will say it again, chilwell is over rated, I hope he goes to Chelsea and I hope we have their pants down for silly money.

If we are honest what is his strengths

Defending, not really  

Crossing, not really

Pace, yes

Getting into good attacking positions, yes but 9 time out of 10 makes a poor pass or decision.

I will be disappointed if he doesn’t go for £60 mil +, as there is better, more accomplished players out there for less 👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Will say it again, chilwell is over rated, I hope he goes to Chelsea and I hope we have their pants down for silly money.

If we are honest what is his strengths

Defending, not really  

Crossing, not really

Pace, yes

Getting into good attacking positions, yes but 9 time out of 10 makes a poor pass or decision.

I will be disappointed if he doesn’t go for £60 mil +, as there is better, more accomplished players out there for less 👍

All that may be true but will those "better options" want to come to Leicester, especially now we're not in the CL? If you're thinking of Tagliafico or Telles then I'm not sure they will.

As for Drinkwater being on a "scouting mission" for Chilwell on behalf of Chelsea, I'm not sure he is going to be the best salesman after his terrible experience there!!

26 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

JJ is decent as cover but I’ve seen nothing from him to suggest he’s at the level needed to cement a starting spot for us, if we sell Chilwell we have to replace him imo

Nah JJ on the left was quality him and barnes will do well together he played there for luton and he will do well keep faith like we did for soyuncu it paid off last time

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

All that may be true but will those "better options" want to come to Leicester, especially now we're not in the CL? If you're thinking of Tagliafico or Telles then I'm not sure they will.

As for Drinkwater being on a "scouting mission" for Chilwell on behalf of Chelsea, I'm not sure he is going to be the best salesman after his terrible experience there!!

In reference to Telles, didn’t we take their first choice right back a few years back when we didn’t have european football:whistle:?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Used to love Drinky but he's turned into a right dickhead. **** him.

If Chilwell gets his head turned by DD, having played all of 12 games for Chelsea in 3 years, you need to vent your annoyance at someone else

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Wish I could take a flight to somewhere hot right now

Average 90 to 95 here in Savannah,Ga. I'll trade places anytime you want. :cool:

Edited by SO1

29 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Who are you thinking? Genuine question.

Thierney if that’s how you spell it from arsenal, been a bit unlucky with injuries this season but a good player, with European experience.

Ben chilwel is never a £60 mil player, and I’m sure our scouting department can find as good if not better, and have change.

• Like 1