Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Then we have to buy another right back ?

Hopefully Amartey will be back for next season for backup.

if we didn’t buy any new fullbacks we could move JJ to the right and play Thomas left if something happened to Ricardo 

6 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Hopefully Amartey will be back for next season for backup.

if we didn’t buy any new fullbacks we could move JJ to the right and play Thomas left if something happened to Ricardo 

And what if something happens to both ?  we have EL next season which puts even more strain on the team.  Amartey isn’t the answer in Brendan’s world .........

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

And what if something happens to both ?  we have EL next season which puts even more strain on the team.  Amartey isn’t the answer in Brendan’s world .........

This is true.

in an ideal world we’d find value in a full back and our squad will have options.

id still take the risk if it was a straight choice between investing in a full back or a winger 

So the consensus is we are happy to sell Chilly and buy a new left back or some are happy for Thomas to play after 3 games or JJ who is in his first season too? Now we are also talking about Amartey! Madness! Do people really think that little of Chilly? I'm a little shocked to be honest 🤷‍♀️ I think realistically Ricardo will probably go next as he wants Champions league and has been vocal about that. I would hate to lose both our first choice full backs in potentially a year.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hales said:

So the consensus is we are happy to sell Chilly and buy a new left back or some are happy for Thomas to play after 3 games or JJ who is in his first season too? Now we are also talking about Amartey! Madness! Do people really think that little of Chilly? I'm a little shocked to be honest 🤷‍♀️ I think realistically Ricardo will probably go next as he wants Champions league and has been vocal about that. I would hate to lose both our first choice full backs in potentially a year.

Once Ben has gone, Ricky is two dodgy back passes away from being vilified by our fan base ..........

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Once Ben has gone, Ricky is two dodgy back passes away from being vilified by our fan base ..........

I can’t see that happening with Ricardo tbh he’s  amazing! My problem with Chilwell is he’s great going forward but defensively he’s not that good.. he’s beaten too easily and teams use that to their advantage 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hales said:

We only know Chilwell is good because we gave him the chance in the first place. Thomas looks like he has great potential and it would be a shame to hinder his development by spending big money on a player we may not need.

as for Amartey, he looked good at RB before his injury and I’d be happy with him being back up if JJ moved the left 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, whitwickfox said:

couldnt we get loftus-cheek in part exchange. would be a very good player to have

I couldn't agree more, he's the type of player we need.  There are too many of our players who get bullied and knocked off the ball! 

26 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I can’t see that happening with Ricardo tbh he’s  amazing! My problem with Chilwell is he’s great going forward but defensively he’s not that good.. he’s beaten too easily and teams use that to their advantage 

Great going forward? Really? He's ok but far too many misplaced crosses/passes or just turns back and plays the simple ball not willing to take his man on. 

Have we managed to clone Ricky P and turn the clone left footed yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Great going forward? Really? He's ok but far too many misplaced crosses/passes or just turns back and plays the simple ball not willing to take his man on. 

Have we managed to clone Ricky P and turn the clone left footed yet?

I don't think Chilwell is that great at defending or going forward... sorry, but he's vastly overrated IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I want Chilwell to stay, I think he is a better player than people give him credit for. 

Problem is if he wants to go to Chelsea then we will have to let him go, assuming they meet our  Valuation, we may have to lower that a little. Having a unhappy player in the squad is not good. We want players who want to play for Leicester City, the others can **** off.

His behaviour towards the end of the season was odd. You should be there to support your team mates at least.

Edited by Foxin_Mad

4 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I want Chilwell to stay, I think he is a better player than people give him credit for. 

Problem is if he wants to go to Chelsea then we will have to let him go, assuming they meet our  Valuation, we may have to lower that a little. Having a unhappy player in the squad is not good. We want players who want to play for Leicester City, the others can **** off.

His behaviour towards the end of the season was odd. You should be there to support your team mates at least.

I think he missed one game ?   And we have no idea why that was ......

3 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

He was in the stands on the last day with all the other missing first teamers - Cags, Maddison and Ricardo

• Like 1

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I think he missed one game ?   And we have no idea why that was ......

There was talk of him having an op on his foot so maybe that's why but people are quick to judge and think the worse! An op on his foot would mean he couldn't walk well for a bit so maybe he went and stayed with family? They were all there the last game.

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

After that Chelsea defensive showing, extra reason to stand firm on the valuation 

Completely agree. 

I would try get a player in from Chelsea as well as part of the deal. RLC has been mentioned would be ideal. I would like to go for Callum Hudson Odoi, for whatever reason Lampard does not play him but he is a very talented player who could thrive in our team. Cash and a player I think we could do well out of this deal. 

And use some of the money for a left back and winger. As full backs are key to how we play. JJ can fill in if needed as I am sure he played for Luton in that position. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hales said:

There was talk of him having an op on his foot so maybe that's why but people are quick to judge and think the worse! An op on his foot would mean he couldn't walk well for a bit so maybe he went and stayed with family? They were all there the last game.

Having a right foot attached?

• Haha 3

If people's argument for not selling him is that they don't trust the recruitment to sort a replacement (which is a valid reasoning) then surely the problem is the recruitment.

I can't stress how important getting the recruitment right is. I still think it's mad that we've given such a strong position to somebody with such an awful track record.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

If people's argument for not selling him is that they don't trust the recruitment to sort a replacement (which is a valid reasoning) then surely the problem is the recruitment.

I can't stress how important getting the recruitment right is. I still think it's mad that we've given such a strong position to somebody with such an awful track record.

Agreed. Lots of games next season and we will need to hit ground running. You would like to think given how quiet we were in Jan that we are at an advanced stage on a number of deals...not sure tho. All eyes on Congerton and hoping he proves the critics wrong.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Honest question here but how many people are in our recruitment team? Is Congerton the only one with any imput? Not saying he's any good but surely he's not the only one putting forward players.