Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

So tired of people saying we should "take a stand" and not sell our players "for any price". It's just stupid. The biggest reason (not the only one, but the biggest) we attract the talent we do is because we are seen as a stepping stone. If we take that away, things will start to fall apart at the club. The way we're currently playing things is much smarter. Keep the losses replaceable, only sell for ridiculous fees and only sell occasionally. All this not to mention that we literally need to sell to buy, as our revenue stream as a club is eaten up a lot by our wages.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, W88DY said:

One so called Chelsea fan don`t agree with the imminent arrival of Ben Chilwell if it happens so i have reported him..  absolutely shocking and disgusting !

117713383_634606244153065_5238858687544878487_n.jpg

117825946_2024012401065073_5427296832154877286_n.jpg

You have to wonder why Marcos Alonso would make a Pulisic account.

7 hours ago, Mawuli said:

For the Leicester fans that thought he'll be 'appreciated' by big 6 fans. Just scroll through the comments on this.

Colour me shocked.

Told you all before. We are far from perfect but it's hilarious when people make out like it's better at the bigger clubs. It's far worse.

He will have to seriously step his game up to be rated at Chelsea.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Also, if all of this is about players clearing our their lockers, I was at the training ground on the last training session a few years ago and a few players did it including Kasper.

Exactly! Players do this all the time at the seasons end, no one truly knows what may happen during pre season.

i guess there could be an argument of “when” was his locker cleared out? If post holiday than we could assume he is off. 

but don’t think any of us actually know.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

My take on Ben Chilwell.

He's the lastest in a long line of scape goats to play for Leicester city. Not helped by the fact that the media pull figures out if thin air and slap a £60-£80 million value on him coupled with the fact that somehow he's made his way to being Englands 1st choice left back. 

Chilwell is far from world class but he's not bad. Being Englands 1st choice just goes to show the historic problem England have with left sided players. 15 years ago we arguable had the best left back in the world with Ashely Cole, since then we've had to rely on players like Danny Rose!

Chilwell, defensively, is far from great. His ability to stop a cross, as we've seen a number of times, is about as effective as a blancmange. His positioning is bad and he isn't great in the tackle. But modern day full backs aren't expected to be great defenders anymore. His attacking play is good. My problem with this is Chilwell for England looks far more threatening than Chilwell for Leicester. Is this because of the players around him??

For England he'll cross the halfway line, run with the ball, make the right pass, look to beat his man. For Leicester, he gets to the halfway line, more often than not, and make a sideways or backwards pass. I blame Barnes for this most of the time. Barnes needs to work on his game off the ball. Most of the time he makes the wrong run, or doesn't run at all. He'll position himself for the wrong pass. Barnes likes to run at players with the ball. So will get himself into a position that allows him to receive a pass and do so. That leaves Chilwell in a position that doesn't really affect the game. 

Chilwell also isn't helped by the fact that we have one of the best right backs in Europe on the other side of the pitch and is compared to him. Chilwell isn't world class, but he is a good left back, he is the best English left back by a long way and when you look at the teams being touted as having an interest, he's certainly better than Alonso and Shaw. I think it would be crazy to sell him, especially for anything less than £70-£80million in the current climate unless we have an upgrade already lined up.

As for Thomas, he has a bright future ahead of him but so did Freddie Adu.............

Zsolt Laczko looked like Ronaldo on his debut for us, even Junior Lewis looked like a right find when he came here on loan. 

I don’t understand fans who think they know better than people who get paid thousands upon thousands a year to actually research players, scout them and analyse them. There must be a reason he's being watched by Chelsea, Man U and Man City?? These scouts don't watch YouTube highlights and judge a player based on fifa... we watch him every week, we're bound to see his flaws. But there are far too many who, for some reason, refuse to see his positives. 

Great post! Spot on 👍

Guest An Sionnach

Most of the damage is done by match day threaders making knee-jerk comments. However Leicester City are a football club not Take That so blind faith leads to self deception. Most of our players are high class professional footballers but they all have their flaws . Sometimes those weaknesses can be cured by hard work and practise but some have to be carried throughout a career. On balance Chilwell is a very good player and I would hope that working on his game will turn him into one of our club legends.

Edited by An Sionnach

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

This would be around £300m though the sale of:

Kante

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Maguire

Chilwell

Who all cost about £20m in total... We are one hell of a well run club. 

You're right to point this out but we should also acknowledge we've splashed out quite a lot of this money on duds.

If we sell Chilwell I would like to see us hold out for a world record fee of 80 million and for all of it to paid upfront. Chelsea are basically trying to buy the league and with no rules to stop their frankly excessive spending I see no reason to accept anything less and maybe more.

5 minutes ago, reynard said:

You're right to point this out but we should also acknowledge we've splashed out quite a lot of this money on duds.

If we sell Chilwell I would like to see us hold out for a world record fee of 80 million and for all of it to paid upfront. Chelsea are basically trying to buy the league and with no rules to stop their frankly excessive spending I see no reason to accept anything less and maybe more.

Hahaha yeah I was doing that thing the politicians do and ignoring the bad news!!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Great post and I also think it maybe generational with social media being what it is today.

We are probably enjoying the best period in our whole football clubs history with owner, players, ground and training facilities at unbelievable levels when you consider where we were 10,20,30 years ago. I think certain generations feel entitled that we should have complete players and whilst we aspire to be a Top 6 club we are building and the talent within our squad is one of the best in England. We have a methodology on recruitment and despite criticism a good youth record whilst the likes of Hamza, Barnes. Thomas have shown the future is good. BC is not the finished article but he is undoubtedly a huge talent and for City fans to criticise him is ridiculous - has he got areas to improve of course but so did Ashley Cole at his age and look at the career he went on to have - Chilly could do likewise.

i hope we keep him but if £60m+ is offered then where we are as a club means we should accept it and invest in replacing in numerous positions but Ben is and will remain a success at City and we should not be so quick to criticise.

The key word for me is “entitled”

I said in another thread, that too many people in all walks of live, feel like we/I/they owe them something.

a bit like the classic.... “X owns 100k per year, they should be playing better” 

I’m not going to link to it, because they’re the worst, but the Express have an article online stating that the Chilwell has cleared out his locker and will have a medical soon. The source they quote... LCFCHQ and the FPL guy.

Journalism is officially dead.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

My take on Ben Chilwell.

He's the lastest in a long line of scape goats to play for Leicester city. Not helped by the fact that the media pull figures out if thin air and slap a £60-£80 million value on him coupled with the fact that somehow he's made his way to being Englands 1st choice left back. 

Chilwell is far from world class but he's not bad. Being Englands 1st choice just goes to show the historic problem England have with left sided players. 15 years ago we arguably had the best left back in the world with Ashely Cole, since then we've had to rely on players like Danny Rose!

Chilwell, defensively, is far from great. His ability to stop a cross, as we've seen a number of times, is about as effective as a blancmange. His positioning is bad and he isn't great in the tackle. But modern day full backs aren't expected to be great defenders anymore. His attacking play is good. My problem with this is Chilwell for England looks far more threatening than Chilwell for Leicester. Is this because of the players around him??

For England he'll cross the halfway line, run with the ball, make the right pass, look to beat his man. For Leicester, he gets to the halfway line, more often than not, and make a sideways or backwards pass. I blame Barnes for this most of the time. Barnes needs to work on his game off the ball. Most of the time he makes the wrong run, or doesn't run at all. He'll position himself for the wrong pass. Barnes likes to run at players with the ball. So will get himself into a position that allows him to receive a pass and do so. That leaves Chilwell in a position that doesn't really affect the game. 

Chilwell also isn't helped by the fact that we have one of the best right backs in Europe on the other side of the pitch and is compared to him. Chilwell isn't world class, but he is a good left back, he is the best English left back by a long way and when you look at the teams being touted as having an interest, he's certainly better than Alonso and Shaw. I think it would be crazy to sell him, especially for anything less than £70-£80million in the current climate unless we have an upgrade already lined up.

As for Thomas, he has a bright future ahead of him but so did Freddie Adu.............

Zsolt Laczko looked like Ronaldo on his debut for us, even Junior Lewis looked like a right find when he came here on loan. 

I don’t understand fans who think they know better than people who get paid thousands upon thousands a year to actually research players, scout them and analyse them. There must be a reason he's being watched by Chelsea, Man U and Man City?? These scouts don't watch YouTube highlights and judge a player based on fifa... we watch him every week, we're bound to see his flaws. But there are far too many who, for some reason, refuse to see his positives. 

Works the other way round too though surely. There must be a reason we are listening to offers, we believe we can replace him.

Regardless of how good or bad you believe Chilwell to be, if we are asking for money above his market value and somebody meets it, we sell. The same happened with Maguire and Drinkwater. If the money-bags teams are willing to overspend without looking beyond the end of their nose, then they're welcome to that model. But players like Ricardo and Soyuncu show that if you look a little deeper, there is ACTUAL value in the market.

That's the reason scouts are paid thousands. Not to "unearth" Chilwell, Ziyech, Werner and Havertz. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Not really arsed to see him go tbh. Cash in and give Luke Thomas the responsibility next season

What if we get to November and it becomes apparent that Thomas isn't up to the required level yet? That's a massive risk to take with our season. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

What if we get to November and it becomes apparent that Thomas isn't up to the required level yet? That's a massive risk to take with our season. 

will still need to invest in a backup as we'll be one short. but don't think we need to go out and spend stupid money on a replacement when we can promote from within our own academy.

50 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I’m not going to link to it, because they’re the worst, but the Express have an article online stating that the Chilwell has cleared out his locker and will have a medical soon. The source they quote... LCFCHQ and the FPL guy.

Journalism is officially dead.

Journalism never existed in the express. It's right down there with the sun. It shocks me that it's a thing people even buy to be honest.

Edited by peach0000
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Worked with Soyuncu. I'd rather just splooge the money on a quality right winger than buy a Chilly replacement. 

It's a risk definitely, but one I'd be tempted to take. 

1 minute ago, Fosse93 said:

Worked with Soyuncu. I'd rather just splooge the money on a quality right winger than buy a Chilly replacement. 

It's a risk definitely, but one I'd be tempted to take. 

He might get injured. If Chilwell goes we're going to have to get cover at least.