Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

That might not have been possible. If it happens soon, this leaves us way more time to replace him than we had when Maguire left. Players haven't even returned to training yet.

Don't panic. There's still 2 months until the window closes.

Yeah, but any chance of us getting a settled squad for the start of a season for once ffs! Really annoying that we don’t seem to be pro active rather than reacting 

Very good business. Wish Ben all the best, been great for us. But certainly not worth £50 million +

Maddison probably go next season, and we will likely get £200 mill combined for Maguire, Chilwell and Madders. Incredible.

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Yeah, but any chance of us getting a settled squad for the start of a season for once ffs! Really annoying that we don’t seem to be pro active rather than reacting 

At what cost, though? Are you suggesting not accepting any bids on any players? We're not privy to what goes on behind the scenes. We don't know it's possible to get the right player the moment the window opens at the best price. How easy do you think it is to do that? I think you might be expecting too much.

1 minute ago, Mythyaar said:

Very good business. Wish Ben all the best, been great for us. But certainly not worth £50 million +

Maddison probably go next season, and we will likely get £200 mill combined for Maguire, Chilwell and Madders. Incredible.

Maddison and Chilwell are two of our most influential players. Yes they will command huge fees. But we should not sell unless we are happy with mediocrity. Selling our best players year after year is bad business no matter the fee. It's not how you become successful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stu said:

Might be having second thoughts all the abuse he is getting from Chelsea fans to his recent tweet. Pretty brutal reading!

To be fair, there are plenty of tweets saying nice things too

seems a distinct lack of self awareness for him to put anything on social media this evening ....... could even muse that nothing much has actually happened regarding his future today as if there had been, surely he would be staying off places like twitter completely. 

And yes, clearly it’s to do with the Barca result ...

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I see Demarai Gray has hacked into his account with that cryptic shit

Not really cryptic, being as it was just tweeted after tonight’s match. Obviously just a reaction to the result?

4 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

😂

the best example is Liverpool. They sold Coutinho and got Allison and Van Dijk, which pretty much won them the league and champions league in 2 seasons. 

You are right with Liverpool of course, the person I quoted mentioned Man Utd / Man City / Barcelona and Real Madrid which is why referred to those exact teams.

Liverpool did incredibly well with Coutinho, especially spending the money on 2 top players. We will likely get a fortune for Chilwell but how we spend it will be key. The last time we had a lot of money after winning the league we wasted fortunes on Musa, Slimani etc. A couple of key realistic signings and we can have a great season this coming year. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

To be fair, there are plenty of tweets saying nice things too

seems a distinct lack of self awareness for him to put anything on social media this evening ....... could even muse that nothing much has actually happened regarding his future today as if there had been, surely he would be staying off places like twitter completely. 

And yes, clearly it’s to do with the Barca result ...

My bet is nothing at all has happened significant transfer wise, he's been sat at home relaxing watching the football before getting back to work next week. He was as shocked as everyone else, picked up his phone tweeted in all of about 10 seconds and doesn't have a clue about the speculation going on. He wouldn't tweet if something was happening or he knew there was rumours this evening. 

• Like 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

My bet is nothing at all has happened significant transfer wise, he's been sat at home relaxing watching the football before getting back to work next week. He was as shocked as everyone else, picked up his phone tweeted in all of about 10 seconds and doesn't have a clue about the speculation going on. He wouldn't tweet if something was happening or he knew there was rumours this evening. 

Inconceivable that his mates haven’t told him he’s trending on twitter and there is chatter ..... so my point is that if there was anything of note going on then surely he would be keeping a low profile - his agent would have told him to stay off SM. That doesn’t mean nothing is happening, just that nothing significant has occurred today ..... 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Inconceivable that his mates haven’t told him he’s trending on twitter and there is chatter ..... so my point is that if there was anything of note going on then surely he would be keeping a low profile - his agent would have told him to stay off SM. That doesn’t mean nothing is happening, just that nothing significant has occurred today ..... 

I’m not sure. He’s not a normal guy. He’s a premier league and England footballer. There’s a new story about him every day. He can’t pay attention to it all the time. I reckon it is possible that he just genuinely doesn’t know about the rumours. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, stu said:

Might be having second thoughts all the abuse he is getting from Chelsea fans to his recent tweet. Pretty brutal reading!

No it’s to do with the Barcelona game . It posted a pic around the same time on insta storey with the same face

image.png

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Personally I prefer if we showed some ambition and say no one is for sale at any price and add a few more players. We really weren't too far away this season and I think continuity would be better that losing an influential player even for 80 million. 

..we could win the Champions League and players will still want to walk!!!

We need to understand that the big 4 will always have the kudos with their name. Most players want to test themselves and the money helps as well, we need to have the players with the psyche of being comfortable challenging the best instead of being part of the best. A kind of them versus us mentality.

• Thanks 2