Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

I'd be gutted if he goes, I rate benners.

We'd better replace him well. Fuchs and Thomas would be a massive risk. 

given our defensive performances back end of the season, I would say we’re screwed without a decent replacement .....especially as we also lack forward momentum on that side without ben’s engine and we won’t have Ricky on the right till October at the earliest and he will need time to get into rhythm ....

• Like 1

I just don't think chelsea will pay 80m.....if they were going too they surely would have done by now? They know we will play hard ball and not drop the price? 

I think it's a slow media day as not much is happening so I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt until its officially confirmed. I'll be gutted if he goes and think we will regret it when he reaches his peak.

I still think its nuts given the current situation with the defence at the moment and injuries....

Edited by Hales

If he does go, i at least would like to see us try for one of the quality LB's around in Europe (Telles, Tagliafico etc). Should be enough in the kitty for one of those plus marquee winger/Edouard.

Be pig sick if Congers ends up splashing £20m+ on Jamal Lewis 

Edited by martyn

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

And what does ‘a record for a left back’ mean ?   That about 45/50m 

if we’ve sold Ben for that then Chelsea have had our pants down, especially with all the talk of how we don’t need to sell ......blah blah blah 

It's been done pretty quickly which suggests we're happy with the price. It won't be as cheap as you quote.

It does look like both sides wanted it done quickly so I'd imagine we've relented from our £80m asking price and enough for Chelsea to be happy to pay. I would suggest the fee will be in the region of £60-65m

1 minute ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Until Percy speaks, it’s all speculation. Chilly posted a holiday photo this morning, so it’s unlikely he would be clearing his locker today! Could’ve been taken days ago of course, but talk of this happening could be premature!

A4937EBB-9190-43E4-829F-6AD9D81507B1.jpeg

It say's "good times" which suggests this was in the past.

2 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Until Percy speaks, it’s all speculation. Chilly posted a holiday photo this morning, so it’s unlikely he would be clearing his locker today! Could’ve been taken days ago of course, but talk of this happening could be premature!

This was last week I think on his insta

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

It say's "good times" which suggests this was in the past.

Or enjoying good times with friends at the moment :dunno: either way, until there’s a few more reliable sources who knows! Don’t do Instagram or Twitter, just appeared on his Facebook page today. 

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Probably not for Europa mate. With a class CB Atalanta could really have a chance of the title, unlikely but they are streets ahead of us.

Oh I know, Atalanta’s trajectory is insane, but I did say if. :D

13 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Nice to see that St Margaret’s swimming pool has had a bit of a makeover 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

I don't think we need 2 players in to replace Chilwell. The injuries will clear up before too long. You don't want to be left with players becoming unhappy because they've got no chance of playing. Until Ricardo and Fuchs recover, we'll have JJ, Thomas and Chilwell's replacement as options. Albrighton as a wing-back in a pinch. Possibly Amartey, as well. I know that's not ideal, but you don't need to buy a player just to cover a position for a month or two. It's better to pick a kid out the academy or play someone out of position than waste funds like that.

You want to play a couple of months games with Albrighton and Amartey in the first eleven???

We would be struggling to make top six after a start like that.

• Like 2