Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

Personally I prefer if we showed some ambition and say no one is for sale at any price and add a few more players. We really weren't too far away this season and I think continuity would be better that losing an influential player even for 80 million. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

I don't think we need 2 players in to replace Chilwell. The injuries will clear up before too long. You don't want to be left with players becoming unhappy because they've got no chance of playing. Until Ricardo and Fuchs recover, we'll have JJ, Thomas and Chilwell's replacement as options. Albrighton as a wing-back in a pinch. Possibly Amartey, as well. I know that's not ideal, but you don't need to buy a player just to cover a position for a month or two. It's better to pick a kid out the academy or play someone out of position than waste funds like that.

I wouldn't be happy with albrighton and amartey is still injured. I also do not think Thomas is ready after 3 games so I'm sorry but I disagree and we need 2 or actually just keep Chilly for one more season and let his price grow more with the Euros etc.. and let Thomas and JJ have a bit more time.

• Like 1

Word that Emerson has agreed to go to inter ..... things begin to add up .....

of course Chelsea will be getting somewhere approaching 20m for him so chillwell around 50m won’t cost them much more than nett 30m

cant help feeling that we end up looking a bit pathetic accepting 50m (forget all the ‘add ons’ because they aren’t secured ) when the word was we wanted a lot more and didn’t have any need to sell ......

(assuming that we do sell for around 50 )

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

Not worried too much about being stung by clubs for knowing we have an extra x amount available as we had the Maguire money and got Praet for £18m which was less than quoted all summer. Likewise when Mahrez went we got the likes of Soyuncu for £20m when he'd been bandied about at £30m when linked with Arsenal.

Its domestic transfers where the prices get daft but they are daft because they seldom need to sell, hence why we are asking for about 80m for Chilwell.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You want to play a couple of months games with Albrighton and Amartey in the first eleven???

We would be struggling to make top six after a start like that.

3 minutes ago, Hales said:

I wouldn't be happy with albrighton and amartey is still injured. I also do not think Thomas is ready after 3 games so I'm sorry but I disagree and we need 2 or actually just keep Chilly for one more season and let his price grow more with the Euros etc.. and let Thomas and JJ have a bit more time.

No, I'm not saying I'd be happy relying on Amartey as RB or Albrighton at wing-back. We'd have to lose 2 of Chilwell's replacement, JJ and Thomas to get that desperate. I'm saying we'd cope for 2 months without buying 2 replacements for Chilwell.

I think JJ is ready to deputise right now. I'd rather Thomas got a Championship loan this season, but I'd sooner keep him here if injury forces us than spend transfer funds on a player we won't need when it could go towards more important targets.

We need to sort out our options in central defence and the RW first and foremost. After that, it looks like we're after a striker. I'd say a centre-mid would be next. We won't be buying 2 left backs in this window - there's too much else to do in the window. Don't hold your breath if you think we are.

If the Club manages to get 50+ million then that’s good business.

He was good going forward but poor defensively. Too many goals conceded 

down our left hand side. Week in week out. 
On the other side I’m not over impressed with JJ.

Again going forward ok but starting from Watford away his distribution and decision making is poor.

Only my opinion.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

And what does ‘a record for a left back’ mean ?   That about 45/50m 

if we’ve sold Ben for that then Chelsea have had our pants down, especially with all the talk of how we don’t need to sell ......blah blah blah 

World record should be the Lucas Hernández move for €80m last year.

Edited by when_you're_smiling
  • Like 1

I’m also thinking that the rumours of a deal being struck, actually have legs this time.

It seems no coincidence to me that yesterday, it is widely reported in the press that Man Utd have entered the fray for Chilwell.

Today, rumours emerge of a quick deal being pushed through by Chelsea, with a world record fee involved (for a left back).

It would not at all surprise me if the Man Utd rumour was instigated to add pressure to Chelsea to meet our demands (whatever they may be).

If Chilwell truly is Lampards priority target, a Man Utd rumour could have expedited the negotiations, and helped our cause.

Also, the new loan it is reported that we have taken out, could well include Chilwell’s whole fee, if any instalments are involved in the deal. Future instalments Of a transfer fee (as long as they are not add-ons) are guaranteed future income, that we could then spend straight away.....

I just hope the fee is actually £60m+, anything less, and it could damage the reputation we are building that we won’t be pushovers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, City1884 said:

I’m also thinking that the rumours of a deal being struck, actually have legs this time.

It seems no coincidence to me that yesterday, it is widely reported in the press that Man Utd have entered the fray for Chilwell.

Today, rumours emerge of a quick deal being pushed through by Chelsea, with a world record fee involved (for a left back).

It would not at all surprise me if the Man Utd rumour was instigated to add pressure to Chelsea to meet our demands (whatever they may be).

If Chilwell truly is Lampards priority target, a Man Utd rumour could have expedited the negotiations, and helped our cause.

Also, the new loan it is reported that we have taken out, could well include Chilwell’s whole fee, if any instalments are involved in the deal. Future instalments Of a transfer fee (as long as they are not add-ons) are guaranteed future income, that we could then spend straight away.....

I just hope the fee is actually £60m+, anything less, and it could damage the reputation we are building that we won’t be pushovers.

What rumours though? I still have found anything other than chancers on Twitter.

1 hour ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Until Percy speaks, it’s all speculation. Chilly posted a holiday photo this morning, so it’s unlikely he would be clearing his locker today! Could’ve been taken days ago of course, but talk of this happening could be premature!

A4937EBB-9190-43E4-829F-6AD9D81507B1.jpeg

Percy usually tweets at around 10.30PM and usually with an article expounding on the tweet. And it's almost always concrete info too, not speculation. So watch this space...

45 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

No, I'm not saying I'd be happy relying on Amartey as RB or Albrighton at wing-back. We'd have to lose 2 of Chilwell's replacement, JJ and Thomas to get that desperate. I'm saying we'd cope for 2 months without buying 2 replacements for Chilwell.

I think JJ is ready to deputise right now. I'd rather Thomas got a Championship loan this season, but I'd sooner keep him here if injury forces us than spend transfer funds on a player we won't need when it could go towards more important targets.

We need to sort out our options in central defence and the RW first and foremost. After that, it looks like we're after a striker. I'd say a centre-mid would be next. We won't be buying 2 left backs in this window - there's too much else to do in the window. Don't hold your breath if you think we are.

Well i hope he is better at left back than he was a right back, because defensively, he was shocking after the lockdown.  The amount of times he was the wrong side of his man was embarrassing. He actually looked better at the right side of the 3 central defenders than he did at full back.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Percy usually tweets at around 10.30PM and usually with an article expounding on the tweet. And it's almost always concrete info too, not speculation. So watch this space...

I get the impression whenever the club is comfortable with a transfer story hitting the media it goes through Percy. I trust no other sources on the Leicester side of the deal.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

If Chilwell was going to go then he shouldve gone at the transfer windown opening presuming all parties were aware! Those "3/4" signings we needed just went up to 4/5. Infuriating 

That might not have been possible. If it happens soon, this leaves us way more time to replace him than we had when Maguire left. Players haven't even returned to training yet.

Don't panic. There's still 2 months until the window closes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Until Percy speaks, it’s all speculation. Chilly posted a holiday photo this morning, so it’s unlikely he would be clearing his locker today! Could’ve been taken days ago of course, but talk of this happening could be premature!

A4937EBB-9190-43E4-829F-6AD9D81507B1.jpeg

His Instagram story would suggest he’s not on holiday anymore 

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I get the impression whenever the club is comfortable with a transfer story hitting the media it goes through Percy. I trust no other sources on the Leicester side of the deal.

Correct