Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

2 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I’m just happy it looks like things are happening this lad is rated as well might not start but we’re desperate for players, the squad is just to small. 

I’m sold on Fofana. 19 year old prospect with plenty of experience (even Europa league), 6’3” and looks aggressive in the tackle. What’s not to like! 

If we could get him for £25m, think we’d be set for centre backs

reckon with Evans suspended and Morgan injured, and Benkovic still not trusted, he would start the first two league games at least.

Plus he must be match fit, as he’s already started for st. Étienne this season

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Fwiw I think you are better going for guy's like this than vastly overpriced, let's be honest average players like Tarkowski. Evans and Soyuncu are more than good enough for the short term which will allow the bleeding in of someone like Fofana.

There is 'bedding in' and being 'blooded', but I think I actually like your combination of the two!

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Fofana is the coloured parts, the black outlines are for Evans

So Evans is dribbed past a higher % but commits slightly less fouls

Not quite. That stat is actually Tackles/Dribbled past % - Evans is higher because when people have tried to dribble past him he's made a succesful tackle to prevent that more frequently than Fofana has, for instance.

But then you have to put it all into context as its based on percentiles of the CBs in the top 5 leagues (unclear wether its their own league, or all 5 leagues combined). Some of the stats are also unclear as its percentiles absed on rank, so something like 'Fouls Committed' being low could mean the player has committed lots of fouls (poor perfomance = low rank) or the exact opposite (few fouls = bottom tenth percentile of fouls committed = good performance)

They're interesting charts to look at, but you have to really think about each individual stat that is included (which are usually cherry-picked to fit a narrative) to get a true idea of players' performances. Plus a lot of these stats in isolation are pretty meaningless for the general picture. 

• Like 3

Really think we’ll be playing more of 3 at the back with the signing of Castagne and if/when we get Fofana, that’ll mean we have Soyuncu, Evans, Fofana, Morgan & Benkovic as centre back options. With the likes of Justin & Fuchs also able to slot in also. Has anything been said about tactics what I’ve missed? I personally prefer us in the 4-1-4-1 but good to have the option of a plan b.

1 minute ago, Grantham Fox said:

Really think we’ll be playing more of 3 at the back with the signing of Castagne and if/when we get Fofana, that’ll mean we have Soyuncu, Evans, Fofana, Morgan & Benkovic as centre back options. With the likes of Justin & Fuchs also able to slot in also. Has anything been said about tactics what I’ve missed? I personally prefer us in the 4-1-4-1 but good to have the option of a plan b.

80% chance we play 3atb next season imo. 

10 minutes ago, Grantham Fox said:

Horrified at the thought of Morgan still being an option...especially in a back 3 Where we will need mobile ball players.

No disrespect to our title winning captain but he shouldn’t be anywhere near that team anymore.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Horrified at the thought of Morgan still being an optional..especially in a back 3 Where we will need mobile ball players.

No disrespect to our title winning captain but he shouldn’t be anywhere near that team anymore.

I think going forward he’s clearly just a back up option, not even rotational. 

19 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Horrified at the thought of Morgan still being an option...especially in a back 3 Where we will need mobile ball players.

big Wes against teams like sheff Utd he be sound as loada long ball! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

80% chance we play 3atb next season imo. 

How comes? 

Our best football came with a conventional 4 at the back, we have only two first choice centre halves and towards the end of last season, spurs tore our exposed flanks apart. 

A good natured bet that apart from Rodgers's silly tactic of hanging on for grim life when defending a lead, 5 at the back is rarely seen

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

big Wes against teams like sheff Utd he be sound as loada long ball! 

Even then we will be playing a high line whilst pressing these lower teams and that’s when you get countered on the break and Big wes hasn’t got the mobility anymore. There’s not really any scenarios in which he’s useful on the pitch anymore.

His perfect game was when we were the team who didn’t have any possession and just set back And countered like when we won the league.. like it or not that isn’t our plan or style of play at all anymore.

Edited by les-tah