Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

Just now, Spudulike said:

Different times, different circumstances but some of us still bear the scars from the 2002 administration. 

so true but shows how far we have come since the new owners took over. We are now a preferred destination over the likes of Milan for top young talent rather having to sell off our best players jsut stay in business

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’ve been confident this will get done in the end for a while. For people worried about the transfer fee, the only good thing I will say about Puel is he has an eye for talent. The fact he was trying to desperately keep hold of Fofana only bodes well for us in my humble opinion. 

Dimi Gray > Jamie Vardy 

• Haha 4

What would have happened to this transfer if Burnley had agreed to sell for £30m or Leverkusen agreed to the obligation to buy for £2m + £22m?

Can't help but feel had they been accepted we'd have gone " oh shit " and quickly lobbed them both out the trolley in to where all the chewing gums, batteries and them weird snacks are at the tills in supermarkets. Fofana has always been the target and only real target.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Not sure about the 20% sell on, that seems a bit steep considering the risk we are taking on such a young player. even so if we were to sell him on in a couple of years for say £60M we still make £15M profit.

That seems a bit risky or a very tight margin compared to what we're used to. But no one really knows what they're talking about any way.

Edited by SO1

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

Can’t work out if this kid is that good why isn’t the boys after him? Don’t get me wrong if he’s any good we'll make a few quid on him but if we were paying this much for a 19yr old who’s played 20 times over here everyone would be doing there nut.

...don't worry, if he does the business this season, United will put in an offer for £90m + sell on fee!!!

They pay the premium for the risks we take.

29 minutes ago, murphy said:

It basically works out as swapping Chilwell for Castagne and Fofana.  I'm happy with that.

not really. If we get Fofana for £35M and we paid £22M for Castagne that makes almost £60M. I know some on here keep quoting that as  what we received for Chilwell but i was under the impression it was more like £45M (possibly with add-ons?).  We will probably not know for sure until next years accounts are published in full.

3 minutes ago, urban fox said:

not really. If we get Fofana for £35M and we paid £22M for Castagne that makes almost £60M. I know some on here keep quoting that as  what we received for Chilwell but i was under the impression it was more like £45M (possibly with add-ons?).  We will probably not know for sure until next years accounts are published in full.

WeVe GoT nO mOnEy.... 

DuTy FrEe iS dOwN....

OuR oWnErS fUnD uS... 

Etc.. 

Just now, urban fox said:

It was £50 million plus add-ons with minimal net spend, Murphy not far off. Good business from club. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

He’s still stood outside filbert street, so no wonder. 

Don’t know about Filbert Street he’s probably at Leccy Sports waiting for the League registration docs to come through declaring us as Leicester Fosse