Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

That's not the only name that sounded good this summer. Fofana needs to down tools now if Puel keeps up. Seen Rodgers go through this many times. Some you win some you lose. Ultimately the player always wins. Always a few bruised egos.

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

That's not the only name that sounded good this summer. Fofana needs to down tools now if Puel keeps up. Seen Rodgers go through this many times. Some you win some you lose. Ultimately the player always wins. Always a few bruised egos.

I’m not sure Puel will be swayed by a player downing tools unfortunately.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/puel-failed-mahrez-transfer-come-1148355

4 minutes ago, leftsideoverhere said:

Actually feel better after reading that interview. It's not "Mahrez II", it's a much more thought out position that the young man is putting forward. More articulate than Riyad ever managed to be. In fact, for a 19 year old footballer it's a very intelligent presentation of his position, his options and the issues. I really want him playing for us this season. If he can deliver a thoughtful interview like that at 19, his potential isn't just about tackles and blocks.

More likely his dad and his agent wrote that.

It's actually quite authentic those quotes. He's not coming out with bullshit about us being a dream move but financially it's really lucrative and he's well aware we're not well stocked at centre back, so it really makes sense for him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brucey said:

I’m not sure Puel will be swayed by a player downing tools unfortunately.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/puel-failed-mahrez-transfer-come-1148355

All depends on how far he and the club St Etenne want to take it. Does Puel really want a non performing player on his books?

How does that look to the rest of the team. Puel like Rodgers have no power when it comes to a situation like this. All on the club.

10 minutes ago, leftsideoverhere said:

Actually feel better after reading that interview. It's not "Mahrez II", it's a much more thought out position that the young man is putting forward. More articulate than Riyad ever managed to be. In fact, for a 19 year old footballer it's a very intelligent presentation of his position, his options and the issues. I really want him playing for us this season. If he can deliver a thoughtful interview like that at 19, his potential isn't just about tackles and blocks.

Sorry mate but that’s rubbish. He’s gone to national media to tell them he wants out of his club. We just happen to be the beneficiaries on this occasion. Nothing different from what Riyad did except he is probably advised better. I would pissed if a player of ours did that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Hasn't Congers broken the rules by making an offer to another clubs player, or is it only a 'specic and small breaking', so thats alright then?

He says I the interview that he received many offers and that it was usual for his agent to check them out. 

Right or wrong this happens all the time. The agent will speak to the buying club to check out if the interest is genuine or not and if at the same time some tacit proposals slip out then the agent would not be doing his job if he did not seek instruction from his client and report back etc. It is. Only a small step from there to agreeing outline terms.

anyone who thinks that players are not sounded out at the same time as the club if not before an approach to the club is made is naive. What would be the point in tabling offers etc if the player was not interested.

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Not a fan of this type of behaviour from players. It shows questionable character, is would make me think twice about signing him if my opinion was one of consequence. 

He's 19 and feels like this is possibly a once in a lifetime chance to move to the premier league, I think most players would try to do similar. We've had players do the same and we we are/were in a stronger position than St Etienne

The real attraction for him is FT.  He has visited the forum and seen how mature the threads and posts are and thought what a splendid bunch of intelligent people they are.  He told the ‘St Étienne Mercury’ that he wants to give FT members things to write about and see how quickly he can have a poll about him being a waste of money.

• Haha 3

Just now, Stadt said:

He's 19 and feels like this is possibly a once in a lifetime chance to move to the premier league, I think most players would try to do similar. We've had players do the same and we we are/were in a stronger position than St Etienne

And how was it received by folk on here? How many folk on here hold Mahrez a Drinkwater in high regards? Not alot yet when we are on the other side of it we shouldn't question their mentality? Nit if double standards there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

And how was it received by folk on here? How many folk on here hold Mahrez a Drinkwater in high regards? Not alot yet when we are on the other side of it we shouldn't question their mentality? Nit if double standards there. 

There were quite a few that were saying you couldn't really blame either player and they were in their mid 20s and already millionaires. Fofana isn't even 20 yet and can secure his families future for a couple of generations with this move. He's 19 and this move will dramatically change his life in a way Drinkwater's and Mahrez's moves didn't 

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The real attraction for him is FT.  He has visited the forum and seen how mature the threads and posts are and thought what a splendid bunch of intelligent people they are.  He told the ‘St Étienne Mercury’ that he wants to give FT members things to write about and see how quickly he can have a poll about him being a waste of money.

I heard Puel will only allow the move if the Wesley Fofana transfer thread beats Nicky Maynard in no. of pages.

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I didn't actually mind what Riyad did at the time. It was clear he wanted to go to a club far bigger than us, and we should have let him go sooner in my opinion. It's the way he's spoken about us in interviews since that has tainted my opinion of him.

12 minutes ago, Stadt said:

There were quite a few that were saying you couldn't really blame either player and they were in their mid 20s and already millionaires. Fofana isn't even 20 yet and can secure his families future for a couple of generations with this move. He's 19 and this move will dramatically change his life in a way Drinkwater's and Mahrez's moves didn't 

You could turn that argument on its head though. DD and Mahrez arguably had 5--8 year left of their career, time to get that big move was slipping away fast. Fofana has about 15 years left of his career. There is absolutely no need to be in such a rush that you disrespect your club. 

• Like 2