Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

Looks like this window may not be the washout the doom and gloom merchants were predicting. Don’t think this is one for an immediate starring role but this signing has a bit of an exciting feel and once again the club are looking at long term stability and future proofing. Still a lot of money for a 19 yr old but that is the market and like everyone else we just have to try and get the best deals we can.

If true that the player picked us over Milan speaks volumes for our reputation as the place to be for young talent. 

• Like 1

"The Stéphanois player in question (whom I did not mention voluntarily) & as I was able to mention in a tweet dating from 7/09/20, was 100% in the project #ASSE . You have the perfect example of a talent wasted by outrageous, immature communication."

"May the Saint-Etienne player in question give his real reason !! Let him not hide behind facts that we must all condemn. (Touching the family is unforgivable) However, the reason for this change is different !! That he ASSUMES !! #ASSE"

"Saliba rhymes with RESPECT & RECOGNITION !! Fofana rhymes with IMMATURITY, INGRATITUDE & lack of respect !! PS: this about-face will perhaps be tolerated by a management lacking money but certainly not by the coach in place, Puel !! #ASSE"

Some journo's not happy, he was tweeting this only 3 days ago...

"@Wesley_Fofanaa must have been surprised while reading @lequipe . We stick a salary to him that he does not have. We put a "jealousy" on him for his teammate Aouchiche. (So jealous that they let go more, the 2) Fofana is 100% in the project #ASSE. Stop the fakes news !!!"

3 minutes ago, talking_goldfish said:

"The Stéphanois player in question (whom I did not mention voluntarily) & as I was able to mention in a tweet dating from 7/09/20, was 100% in the project #ASSE . You have the perfect example of a talent wasted by outrageous, immature communication."

"May the Saint-Etienne player in question give his real reason !! Let him not hide behind facts that we must all condemn. (Touching the family is unforgivable) However, the reason for this change is different !! 

I was all for this until I found out he's been touching his family. Deal's off Wes you sicko.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Would prefer Tarkowski, a player who knows the league and can hit the ground running! 

I was / am well up for the Tarkowski move but if this one is being done for around £25m then it probs makes more sense spending that on a 19 year with massive potential than spend £40m on a 28 year old. Still think Tarkowski would be an absolute ideal signing though.

• Like 1