Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

25 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You could turn that argument on its head though. DD and Mahrez arguably had 5--8 year left of their career, time to get that big move was slipping away fast. Fofana has about 15 years left of his career. There is absolutely no need to be in such a rush that you disrespect your club. 

In the back of the player's mind though, they are worried about a career ending injury. What if he does his ACL three games into the season? That fear is in the back of every athletes mind. 

1 hour ago, FoxFossil said:

Hasn't Congers broken the rules by making an offer to another clubs player, or is it only a 'specic and small breaking', so thats alright then?

It's a bit complicated. On paper you aren't allowed to talk to a player until a bid is accepted, but in reality clubs will sound out the agents of the prospective player they are after to judge if there is any interest first. The agent themselves might also know the price at which the club is willing to do business at. So in this case the agent says the player is interested, and a verbal agreement is made, not it's time for the clubs to agree fees if it's possible.

Similar things have already happened this summer with Chilwell and Havertz for Chelsea.

Technically Saint Etienne could complain to FIFA about us, but it's obvious that other clubs have done the same thing, e.g. Milan. So I'm not sure they'd have a leg to stand on. Also we have clearly submitted the highest bid so far for the player so it's not like we are trying to undercut them on price.

Typical Puel eh to be so stubborn? But surely they can't turn down that price in a Coronavirus pandemic? The player is right in that if they don't take the deal now there is no guarantee a club will come in with an offer that high again. Surely it's like s with Chilwell? At some point common sense takes over.

Very interesting transfer tale so far though! Explains all of that Instagram stuff earlier in the month!

• Like 2

I think it's a very fair interview from Fofana, he articulates himself well and clearly if he didn't care about the club he was at he would not have signed a professional contract with them in order to improve the price they receive for him - not to mention, he could have made this move after our first, smallest bid, but waited for us to approach Sainté's asking price before going public. It's the interview of a player with his career and family in mind, it's very respectable.

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

This thread is pure hilarity.  If one of our players had done (gee, I wonder who) what Fofana did to St. Etienne, he’d be crucified here.  And if Claude had defended his talent when he was still our manager, he’d have gotten some rare praise.  Hypocrisy is a a powerful thing.

I mean, there were a few places I chuckled but it’s not that funny.

And the award for the Most Miserable and Sanctimonious Post of the Year goes to:

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

This place has sadly become an utter shit show for the blinkered and bias unfortunately. Most of which have little understanding of how the game works or what it has become. Full of bile for anyone who behaves in a manner that disrespects their club, which would be fine if it wasn’t fully condoned when the shoes on the other foot in the exact same situation.

That goes for players actions, referrer decisions, fa rulings, the works.

Its not just this thread it’s everywhere, sadly why I frequent this place far less than I used too.

Guessing neither of you have ever planned or will plan to go on holiday in St. Etienne. Or had to deal with Claude Puel.

Or had a chance to take care of your family for life with the stroke of a pen. 

There are reasons why this kid’s so desperate to leave. Be glad he wants to come to us. 

The bosses at St. Etienne also appear to have given him a price but changed course and don’t want to hear him out. 

We’ll deal with our problem players as they come, there will always be another one, and that’s just how life works (don’t worry, you’ll be allowed back from your happy life to look down on posters here when this happens to us again). 

Edited by The_77
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, SO1 said:

That's not the only name that sounded good this summer. Fofana needs to down tools now if Puel keeps up. Seen Rodgers go through this many times. Some you win some you lose. Ultimately the player always wins. Always a few bruised egos.

As he will 3 years from now when ManU wants to buy him.

21 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

As he will 3 years from now when ManU wants to buy him.

We are part of the food chain of wealth/prestige. How great is it that those clubs want our players.

The trick for us is to learn how to work that business to our advantage. We are doing well.

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

To borrow from the Banana Splits, (and Man U) ....

One Fofana, two Fofana, three Fofana, four. 
You won’t score against Leicester anymore. 

We can’t manage to stay in time with  ‘when you’re smiling ‘ for more than the opening line so this has got no chance with its tongue twisting nature  ......

I liked it though but that’s cos it reminded me of cags ....’size of a donkey’!     so many of you reading this will have no idea what Trent or me are on about ......

Edited by st albans fox
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, MickeyMouse said:

The quoted transfer fee is more than we paid for Soyuncu and Benkovic. Anyone else think we're overpaying here? I don't know how good he is.

Yes we are, but if he fits the criteria of everything you want, then buy the lad. 

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm not convinced that giving this interview was the wisest move he could have made.

It wasn’t .....i wonder if he went against his agents advice too. 

we’ve been trying to get him for a while ......the fact we are now linked to other CB’s like tarkowski means we must seriously think it may not get done.  Suppose we will see the reaction from ASSE today ......

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Will be announced at half-time at West Brom lol 

I heard this too. Pitch introduction for Fof's to the travelling away fans at HT. This will be followed by a WF/JV duet rendition of the Lord's my Shepherd to the WBA fans in 'Vardy' corner.

10 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Wow I thought there was nothing Claude Puel could do to make me despise him more but he keeps on surprising me. Back from the grave to fvck our transfer window. Fair fvcking play, Claude, you’ve been living in my head rent free and you just can’t leave you boring fvck.

Puel is just doing his job, it is normal that clubs don't want to lose their best players. If a club comes in for one of our players and we don't want to sell, we reject the bid. If the said player wants to leave we drive a hard bargain to get the price up as high as possible.

Puel is well known for being very stubborn, so hardly surprising if he's digging his heels in.

I've not read every post but similar has probably already been said by others.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1