Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Every possibility Daniel Sturridge will be a city player.

Discussions happening regards a contract.

I'm not sure if a direct replacement for K.I but woukd help for English quota for Europe.

Only put it in rumours because I have no written source but discussions are underway with Daniel representative's.

• Sad 4

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ollie-watkins-leicester-villa-sheffield-4414637

Current favourites to sign Watkins. 

From what I saw in the play-off final his hold-up play was excellent and he looked a good player and 26 goals last season is suggestive that we'd be getting a striker a bit further along in their development than Iheanacho currently is, which is ideal for us. Interesting debate as to whether this makes more sense than a potential move for Eduoard, given that I'd say the majority of us would view the Championship as a more competitive league than the SPL. 

Edited by Bossman Blessed It

2 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ollie-watkins-leicester-villa-sheffield-4414637

Current favourites to sign Watkins. 

From what I saw in the play-off final his hold-up play looked a good player and 26 goals last season is suggestive that we'd be getting a striker a bit further along in their development than Iheanacho currently is, which is ideal for us. Interesting debate as to whether this makes more sense than a potential move for Eduoard, given that I'd say the majority of us would view the Championship as a more competitive league than the SPL. 

Likely due to SFE's tweet yesterday, nothing more to really read into it. Unless he is right, which is always unlikely 

I like Watkins as a player, but I do have concerns about the fit - which is right where I was with Perez.  Watkins is really a striker if we're honest - we can toss around the term "wide striker" or whatever, but basically what we need is a legit winger and Watkins isn't that.  Maybe he's good enough to eventually replace Vardy, but for our needs now I fear we'd be going after the wrong Brentford player because he's the one with a release clause.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

I'm not sure if a direct replacement for K.I but woukd help for English quota for Europe.

Only put it in rumours because I have no written source but discussions are underway with Daniel representative's.

We don't need any help for an English quota for Europe, certainly not for association-trained players.

7 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

Ahh yes just what we need, an over the hill, injury prone striker on big wages. Fits in perfect with our transfer policy of the last few seasons.. not.

8 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

Tbf, on his day he's a brilliant talent. It's keeping him fit thats the issue

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I like Watkins as a player, but I do have concerns about the fit - which is right where I was with Perez.  Watkins is really a striker if we're honest - we can toss around the term "wide striker" or whatever, but basically what we need is a legit winger and Watkins isn't that.  Maybe he's good enough to eventually replace Vardy, but for our needs now I fear we'd be going after the wrong Brentford player because he's the one with a release clause.

He’s always been a winger until this season when they played him as a striker after they sold Maupay. He’s a winger turned striker and not the other way round which is for me why Perez has struggled in that role. 

Just now, Crashtoasted said:

Surely this isn’t real?

Could well be, by all accounts they are strapped for cash. Could be the experienced head we need in midfield. real quality but suspect his wages would be above our means though.

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He’s always been a winger until this season when they played him as a striker after they sold Maupay. He’s a winger turned striker and not the other way round which is for me why Perez has struggled in that role. 

And as a winger he was never really any good.

3 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

If that's true then this club is in serious trouble. Unless he's being hired to teach players how to finish I don't know what the value is.

He's physically not up to it.  Can't possibly have the endurance or speed to press from the front. I hope I eat my words but do not think we're getting the Danny from 13/14 Liverpool.

4 minutes ago, Crashtoasted said:

Surely this isn’t real?

Would be unreal for us if it was, I doubt we could afford him though unless it's a loan with juve paying 50% of his wages which seems unrealistic tbh

12 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

Please say it ain't so. Exactly the sort of player we don't want. Past it, forever crocked, huge wages, step down, nothing to prove, final cash grab, etc.

He's quintessential MLS material.

Fingers crossed he fuchs off somewhere else.

21 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

How much longer has he got to go on his ban? 
Will he be able to start the season? Maybe he timed it nicely and served it all under lockdown.

Anyway, wouldn’t be a bad signing, no way would he be on big money. One last shot at the PL, pay as you play deal surely.

Undoubtedly knows where the back of the net is, good player to bring on for last 15 mins when you need a goal. 
Still only 30. I’d take him.

24 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

Stop telling Porkie pies sunshine.