Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

1 minute ago, Gravel said:

This is the Twitter Transfer Rumours thread. 

Unless Bob the Builder is joining on an undisclosed fee?

Do you need a hand getting down off your high horse?

Up until 5 minutes ago, we thought it was a transfer rumour. 

2 minutes ago, Gravel said:

This is the Twitter Transfer Rumours thread. 

Unless Bob the Builder is joining on an undisclosed fee?

Transfer rumours off twitter are absolute tosh almost all of the time mate!

You know how it works; we get teased with some exciting wonderkids or proven talents or players in some positions we need and then we go out and sign an academy prospect being released by Portsmouth, the manager's racist son and 2 players in positions where we're stacked, often from our rivals for far more than they are worth. We might also sell one prized asset.

That's how it works each year. Occasionally we get a Vardy/Kante/Mahrez shaped surprise, but not always.

Don't make me tell you the story of Nicky Maynard.

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Transfer rumours off twitter are absolute tosh almost all of the time mate!

You know how it works; we get teased with some exciting wonderkids or proven talents or players in some positions we need and then we go out and sign an academy prospect being released by Portsmouth, the manager's racist son and 2 players in positions where we're stacked, often from our rivals for far more than they are worth. We might also sell one prized asset.

That's how it works each year. Occasionally we get a Vardy/Kante/Mahrez shaped surprise, but not always.

Don't make me tell you the story of Nicky Maynard.

Good story to be fair, 200 pages and not even close to signing, probably weren't even looking at him.

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I've only got me one good shirt left and it smells of cheap perfume,

The answer's probably out there, but it won't be Iain Hume.

Did Zimmo write that , could be an outtake from Highway 61 Revisited.

9 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Good story to be fair, 200 pages and not even close to signing, probably weren't even looking at him.

I've dipped into OTIB forum on occasions ever since that saga. It's been quite entertaining over the past week with their managerial appointment. They thought they were getting Hughton or Gerard or even Poch at one point! They ended up with the previous failed managers assistant lol Serious meltdown ensued. 

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I've dipped into OTIB forum on occasions ever since that saga. It's been quite entertaining over the past week with their managerial appointment. They thought they were getting Hughton or Gerard or even Poch at one point! They ended up with the previous failed managers assistant lol Serious meltdown ensued. 

My mates a Brizzle fan, i've been following the whole saga with great interest lol 

They've also hired two assistants for him who could quite easily do the job themselves... which I think it's safe to say means they're anticipating it going tits up and want replacements there already to avoid this mess.

Basically they've got no money to spend this year and the brief is 'develop the youth' so Houghton told them where to shove it and their only option was the assistant.

They MIGHT be alright though, as the two England youth managers they've stolen will have great links for PL loans. 

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

My mates a Brizzle fan, i've been following the whole saga with great interest lol 

They've also hired two assistants for him who could quite easily do the job themselves... which I think it's safe to say means they're anticipating it going tits up and want replacements there already to avoid this mess.

Basically they've got no money to spend this year and the brief is 'develop the youth' so Houghton told them where to shove it and their only option was the assistant.

They MIGHT be alright though, as the two England youth managers they've stolen will have great links for PL loans. 

Might be a good idea to send some of our lads down there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Might be a good idea to send some of our lads down there. 

They've nabbed the U20 manager and U19 manager, not sure how many have ours have been in those groups in the last couple of years.

Thomas would be a great shout but they have a decent left back in Dasilva. 

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Seems the penny may have dropped regarding their Jersey billionaire owner (who named a stand after himself) that clearly doesn't want to bankroll the club. Plenty now suggesting that he sells up and moves on. I'm surprised they accepted without opposition to sharing Ashton Gate with a rugby club. 

If we are going to sign any out of contract players then they ought to be doing quite soon, I don't get why we'd wait unless a) they aren't our main targets or b) they have better options and are waiting for us to increase our offer.

So basically hurry the fcuk up Malang Sarr.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I'm throwing in the name of Myron Boadu, just because I can.

Only 19 years old. Goals and assists for fun (albeit in the Eredivisie)

Got to come in a double deal with Calvin Stengs though - a bit Mahrez-esque in his comfort on the ball and no-look through balls with perfect wait. 

If necessary, I'll put both as 'rumours' on twitter?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I've only got me one good shirt left and it smells of cheap perfume,

The answer's probably out there, but it won't be Iain Hume.

In pretty sure you have a whole stack of outrageously colourful shirts still....