Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

The Politics Thread 2020

12 minutes ago, LCFC BEAST said:

This has all got me massively thinking and made me want to help out more. 

Anyone know of any food banks in and around Leicester that I’m able to donate to?

I’ve had a quick google and none are that clear

Just Google 'food banks Leicester' - there are more than I can be bothered to link.

32 minutes ago, LCFC BEAST said:

Anyone know of any food banks in and around Leicester that I’m able to donate to?

Visit Trussell Trust website. They've got a list of foodbanks that are available nationally and you can type in your postcode to see which is near you :)

benefit payments have increased since covid, lack of opportunity to spend money during strictest lockdown periods. having worked closely with people on benefits,  i wish i had has much disposable income as some of them

It's such bad politics to oppose this topic when you previously supported it and handed out an MBE to the person campaigning about it. Wrong battle to pick even if you feel there is reason not to support the move long-term.

There's better battles to pick if you want to preserve individual responsibility instead of redistributive statism for every problem.

Edited by Kopfkino
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, ealingfox said:

'Can we show migrants some humanity and maybe some proper support, and send aid to foreign countries that need it?'

Absolutely not, help our own, Britain first, charity starts at home etc.

'Ok, can we use a relatively small sum to ensure impoverished English children are fed?'

No.

When a Tory says "Charity starts at home" what they really mean is.... "Charity starts at second holiday homes of Tory MPs"

I see Nicola's gone for a five tier system in Scotland as opposed to 3 currently in place in England.

What next? England agreed a deal with on a vaccine and Scotland/Wales decide to hold out for another vaccine just to be different?

14 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Not doing a very good job of proving they aren't scum are they.

There isn't an election around the corner, when there is they'll go back to insincere soundbites which will get latched onto by the same old people to justify completely ignoring their long track record of shit like this.

I'm usually quite critical of the benefits system and think first and foremast a parent should not rely on the state to feed their child, and the majority who can't do so fail because they're reckless and irresponsible with money. It's a stereotype because it's sadly often true. (Yes I know children can't help being born to feckless parents).

However in this case, in the middle of a pandemic with huge amounts of no-fault economic hardship, and given the relatively small sum of money required, I honestly can't see the reasoning behind not extending the free meals. It's an odd one.

Edited by DennisNedry
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 22/10/2020 at 10:21, LCFC BEAST said:

I’ve helped out a couple of times at one in wigston at the kings Center / Hope church. It’s opposite Aldi and BnQ

16 hours ago, StanSP said:

I do give a shit thank you very much! 

:P

Sorry Stan, didn't mean you :flowers:

I like this notion that loads of MPs were in a real quandary about which was to vote then heard this and they all went one way.

I'm absolutely astounded, in what circumstances would you ever vote down free school meals for needy kids? Beggars belief.

How incompetent would you have to be to not see the optics of this? Who is advising this lot?

They'll have to back down anyway and perform another u turn, just like they did the first time Rashford started his campaign and just like they did with the exam results.

Madness.