Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

The Politics Thread 2020

1 hour ago, Buce said:

There couldn't be a worse time to be leaving, particularly on WTO terms. Add to that, a probable Democrat victory in the US means the much vaunted deal with them is unlikely to materialise.

Shitshow doesn't begin to describe it.

(highly tongue-in-cheek because of the whole no-one saw the COVID thing blah blah blah).

5 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

Corbyn's biggest problem was in the direction he was taking the party and the people he brought into the party, if you look at the new intake under Corbyn they have gained some pretty useless MPs. 

Including my MP who got kicked out from the party. They didn't interview any of the other candidates.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-54841316

Marcus Rashford's campaign to tackle holiday hunger and child poverty in England has been addressed with a £396m package in a government climbdown.

The prime minister telephoned the footballer on Saturday to tell him of the new plans for targeted support over Christmas, Easter and Summer holidays.

Should never have needed to get to this point in the first place tbh, but at least we've got there eventually. Well done to Rashford for using his platform for good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Marcus Rashford's campaign to tackle holiday hunger and child poverty in England has been addressed with a £396m package in a government climbdown.

The prime minister telephoned the footballer on Saturday to tell him of the new plans for targeted support over Christmas, Easter and Summer holidays.

Should never have needed to get to this point in the first place tbh, but at least we've got there eventually. Well done to Rashford for using his platform for good.

Better late than never, Boris.

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

The damage has been done now. Those poor forgotten places that turned blue for the first time will rememeber this once brexit is done  I doubt they will ever win them back. 

45 minutes ago, Strokes said:

But they’ll likely forget all about the anti Semitic party’s behaviour will they? 
It’s quite incredible the gall of some people on here, calling Trump and the Tories out on a daily basis but quite happy to “hold their noses” and vote for a massive racist party last year. LibDems had a Homophobe at the hem at the previous election to that but that doesn’t seem to stain their future. 

I doubt I’ll bother voting at the next election, they are all despicable but let’s not pretend it makes much difference by what colour rosette they wear. It’s far easier to look competent in opposition and Labour have struggled with that for nearly a decade.

Probably not because they will be looking at their bottom line. Who's better to keep their kids fed and their wallets with cash. Tories have pretty much killed the argument that they cared about the working class at all its dead in the water. Its not a matter of principal more about practicality. 

As for anti semitsm they probably will forget. They will look at who's better for their wallets first and to be fair to starmer he did kick corbyn out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Probably not because they will be looking at their bottom line. Who's better to keep their kids fed and their wallets with cash. Tories have pretty much killed the argument that they cared about the working class at all its dead in the water. Its not a matter of principal more about practicality. 

As for anti semitsm they probably will forget. They will look at who's better for their wallets first and to be fair to starmer he did kick corbyn out.

Have you missed the news about a years worth of furlough guaranteeing financial support for the working classes?

I bet that’s also forgotten when voting comes around, akin to a certain Monty Python sketch about the Romans.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Have you missed the news about a years worth of furlough guaranteeing financial support for the working classes?

I bet that’s also forgotten when voting comes around, akin to a certain Monty Python sketch about the Romans.

If they didn't furlough there would be no economy to come back to. They had to do that. 

Jennifer Arcuri has her say about Bozza, the US election, Covid etc.: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8934857/Boris-Johnsons-former-lover-calls-Great-Supine-Protoplasmic-Invertebrate-Jelly.html

She's remarkably passionate for an "I.T. adviser"....

Hell hath no fury like a money-grubbing, careerist bimbo scorned by a pathologically dishonest narcissist and all that...... lol

"Boris Johnson's former lover has blasted him a 'puppet' and a 'Great supine protoplasmic invertebrate jelly' for congratulating Joe Biden. Jennifer Arcuri, 35, slammed the Prime Minister for congratulating Joe Biden before he has been officially named President.  Ms Arcuri wrote: 'Alex the Great embarrassment. This is repulsive Boris Johnson. 'Yes, even for you: You know the media does NOT call elections. This tweet exposes you for what you really are and now the world can see it. '#GreatSupineProtoplasmicInvertebrateJelly in other words, 100% #puppet.' "

"In September she said 'Nobody trusts a word coming out of his mouth' and said that his time in top office had been shame after shame. And in what could be the most hurtful comment for Mr Johnson, she lined up Chancellor Sunak as his replacement. Ms Arcuri said today he had crippled the UK, adding: 'There is absolutely no reason to lockdown this country again. “This is nothing short of a dictator, and he is the worst kind of leader because nobody trusts a word coming out of his mouth.  “It is a completely contrived narrative, the agenda is so blatant anybody with half a brain can see that this is not about health. “You don’t stick people in their house and deprive them of sunshine and human interaction and their families and tell them you know what’s best for them. it’s disgusting. “And especially when the Cummings thing came, I think when that episode happened the whole thing fell apart, any integrity or anything respectable about that government completely disintegrated. “I don’t believe he (Mr Johnson) is evil, I know his heart. “So I just believe he is a puppet on a string.”

Fight! Fight! Fight! lol

• Haha 2

Just a complete s**tshow at all times isn't it. As previously mentioned on here too, any decent opposition would be having a field day right now, and still I'd bet on a Tory government next election.

Makes me want to get politically involved but aligning to any party right now seems close to impossible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Just a complete s**tshow at all times isn't it. As previously mentioned on here too, any decent opposition would be having a field day right now, and still I'd bet on a Tory government next election.

Makes me want to get politically involved but aligning to any party right now seems close to impossible.

I don't think they've been perfect under Starmer, but I'm curious to know what you think Labour could be doing better right now?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I don't think they've been perfect under Starmer, but I'm curious to know what you think Labour could be doing better right now?

I think they've been a little soft. I quite like Starmer in fairness, but I do have my reservations if he's tough enough. His past career probably calls for constant calm, and no doubt that is a strength but at times I'd like to see him get a little more animated. His calmness at times makes it seem like everything is okay. He needs to be more vigorous in pointing out failures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LVocey said:

I think they've been a little soft. I quite like Starmer in fairness, but I do have my reservations if he's tough enough. His past career probably calls for constant calm, and no doubt that is a strength but at times I'd like to see him get a little more animated. His calmness at times makes it seem like everything is okay. He needs to be more vigorous in pointing out failures.

If one of the 'weaknesses' of his is that he doesn't get animated enough, then I think he's doing okay! 

No need to be more like blustery Boris. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Problem for Starmer is he gets criticised for being quiet and he get criticised in numerous ways for speaking up, he's either playing politics, he's "Captain Hindsight", he's just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing etc.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Problem for Starmer is he gets criticised for being quiet and he get criticised in numerous ways for speaking up, he's either playing politics, he's "Captain Hindsight", he's just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing etc.

Agree with this, and it's a tricky balance. Also agree with StanSP that it's preferable to Boris' bluster. However, even the "Captain Hindsight" tagline is something he hasn't actively looked to squash or fight back against. Difficult circumstance I agree though.

I'm a complete floating voter in fairness, very centre ground, so I'm genuinely interested to see what a Starmer Manifesto will look like in 2024, as I am for Ed Davey's Lib Dem plans or dare I say it a Rishi Sunak Conservative campaign? Wouldn't surprise me.

On 08/11/2020 at 11:34, BKLFox said:

This is brilliant, what did the Tories ever do for us? lolI’ll make a start.

1. Steal milk from school kids.

2. Decimate the manufacturing industry.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

This is brilliant, what did the Tories ever do for us? lolI’ll make a start.

1. Steal milk from school kids.

2. Decimate the manufacturing industry.

3. Demonised the sick and unemployed.

Edited by Buce
  • Thanks 1