Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

The Politics Thread 2020

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

According to Wiki, he gets a basic MP's salary of circa £81,000, plus a similar amount for his additional duties as PM. Various other allowances for staff, accomodation etc.

Poor chap.

5 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Around 155k i think. You know he even has to pay for his own food, poor soul

Whichever one it is :kingy:

I used to take the piss out of Corbyn for looking like a tramp but fvck me Boris is no better.

I know it's about substance not style but he looks a mess. Hair and dandruff all over his suit jacket, looks like he's malting.

At least Starmer half looks the part. Old fashioned of me I know but a bit of pride in one's appearance in a leadership role wouldn't go amiss :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I used to take the piss out of Corbyn for looking like a tramp but fvck me Boris is no better.

I know it's about substance not style but he looks a mess. Hair and dandruff all over his suit jacket, looks like he's malting.

At least Starmer half looks the part. Old fashioned of me I know but a bit of pride in one's appearance in a leadership role wouldn't go amiss :rolleyes: 

Part of the character he plays. 

Problem is that it doesn’t work when you are the main man in the big seat 

On 14/10/2020 at 17:09, RoboFox said:

Despise the tories for this very reason couldn't car e about anything but their own pockets couldn't bring myself to vote for either of these or labour so I just didn't. When I spoke to a local MP about an issue he shot me down and was really rude. All politicians are in it for themselves anyway voting is pointless.

Edited by Fightforever

On 15/10/2020 at 19:52, Fightforever said:

Despise the tories for this very reason couldn't car e about anything but their own pockets couldn't bring myself to vote for either of these or labour so I just didn't. When I spoke to a local MP about an issue he shot me down and was really rude. All politicians are in it for themselves anyway voting is pointless.

You've got to go vote for the lesser of two evils though. I hear you. The Labour party aren't inspiring confidence in me either, but anything to avoid this. Anything.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nod.E said:

You've got to go vote for the lesser of two evils though. I hear you. The Labour party aren't inspiring confidence in me either, but anything to avoid this. Anything.

I cant vote for keith vaz. He had a report before it got media attention that suggested mordern slavery was taking place in leicester on his desk and did **** all. When I spoke to him on an unrelated topic he was rude and shot me down I swore down I would never vote for that man end of. The current MP in my constituency got done for harassment as well and got kicked out from Labour.Not at all long after they insisted on having her so much as having members of the selction commity resign since they believed it was a fix (their words not mine) as they hadn't even interviewed the other candidates for the role of mp in my area. Useless childish pricks the lot of them. I can't vote for that courption. Won't vote tory if put someone were to put a gun to my head and the rest have no chance of winning thats the way I see it all anyway. So I just didn't bother and that doesn't delve into labours spend spend spend manifesto which I feel like we are going to have to pay for in blood sweat and tears when they eventually need to pay back the money they borrowed to pay for things like free internet which they would have promised to us. Just didn't see it all working As if the rich will roll over and give you all their money without a fight and won't find ways to hide as much from the tax man as they can. As for the tories well what are they going to do increase child poverty like they have done since they came to power. Want to stop disadvantaged people comitting crime by having more police officers. The logical equivalent of having misbehaving children and deciding the answer to that is to beat them with a bigger stick. Lost faith in the UK government and the political parties entirely. After this brexit fiasco and how coronvavirus was handled. Just very frustraiting to see. I by no means want a perfect party but one that just seems somewhat reasonable. 

Edited by Fightforever

It's mad that any human being would vote against this.

What grounds are there? That a minority of the kids who'd benefit have wasters for parents? No child is to blame for that. Punishing them for the alleged sins of adults is beyond reprehensible.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

It's mad that any human being would vote against this.

What grounds are there? That a minority of the kids who'd benefit have wasters for parents? No child is to blame for that. Punishing them for the alleged sins of adults is beyond reprehensible.

Yeah some of the 'defences' I've seen from MPs for voting against this are pathetic. 'It'll increase dependency' and take away the responsibility of parenting from the children's parents. Will it fvck. They just want a helping hand to feed their own children and it'd be nice it a Tory government showed some compassion every once in a while. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Shameful moment.

Its a tory a fvcking tory. Of course it was blocked thats why them having a super majority is dangerous they know they can pass even the most shameful of laws knowing that so many of their own MPs would need to rebel to stop it from passing. They can do as they please.

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

Yeah some of the 'defences' I've seen from MPs for voting against this are pathetic. 'It'll increase dependency' and take away the responsibility of parenting from the children's parents. Will it fvck. They just want a helping hand to feed their own children and it'd be nice it a Tory government showed some compassion every once in a while. 

They are not called The Nasty Party for nothing.

It'll be interesting to see how the resident Tories defend this, though I can hazard a guess: They will begin with an apocyphal tale of feckless parents living the life of Riley on benefits, followed by the claim that they never claimed a penny on benefits, and that they did three jobs to fund their studies and still fed their kids on healthy, nutritious food on a fiver a week. It will then be pointed out that having children is a choice, one which should be made on the basis that you can afford them and not expect the taxpayer to do it. Have I missed anything?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

They are not called The Nasty Party for nothing.

It'll be interesting to see how the resident Tories defend this, though I can hazard a guess: They will begin with an apocyphal tale of feckless parents living the life of Riley on benefits, followed by the claim that they never claimed a penny on benefits, and that they did three jobs to fund their studies and still fed their kids on healthy, nutritious food on a fiver a week. It will then be pointed out that having children is a choice, one which should be made on the basis that you can afford them and not expect the taxpayer to do it. Have I missed anything?

Missed the tory party trying to fix childhood obesity. :cool:

But on a serious note, don't agree with it at all. Seems crazy that when we're splashing billions here and there that we'd try and penny pinch over this. In ordinary circumstances I'd probably agree with it, but with the current state of affairs it seems ridiculous and quite rightly indefensible. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LCFC BEAST said:

This has all got me massively thinking and made me want to help out more. 

Anyone know of any food banks in and around Leicester that I’m able to donate to?

I’ve had a quick google and none are that clear

Don't most supermarkets have a bit after the tills where you can donate? I know Freeman's park Morrisons does