Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

The Politics Thread 2020

This Priti Patel situation lol

Imagine a headteacher resigning because they've proved a student was bullying other kids at school. 

Atleast do us a favour and just rig the outcome of the investigation or don't allow it to go ahead in the first place haha

Madness. 

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

29 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

This Priti Patel situation lol

Imagine a headteacher resigning because they've proved a student was bullying other kids at school. 

Atleast do us a favour and just rig the outcome of the investigation or don't allow it to go ahead in the first place haha

Madness. 

What are the odds there'll be an "apology" and she'll end up in charge of some other department.

So are we in this thread now comparing two black female politicians and saying one is a bit daft, lacks competence in interview situations but is generally well intentioned - and another is a manipulative, evil bully with limited understanding of others and blindly supports inherently racist criminal justice policies?

I'm just checking because they sound like a couple of interesting points of view.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nick said:

So are we in this thread now comparing two black female politicians and saying one is a bit daft, lacks competence in interview situations but is generally well intentioned - and another is a manipulative, evil bully with limited understanding of others and blindly supports inherently racist criminal justice policies?

I'm just checking because they sound like a couple of interesting points of view.

Priti Patel is black wtf

Every time I hear Pritti Patel speak, I'm irresistibly reminded of Alf Ramsey. She's got the same habit of cuttin' off the g of words endin' in 'ing' and generally  bein' rather pompous and too careful in speech. Used to crack me up when Alf did it - with her I find it slightly sinister. That's not a judgement incidentally, just an observation. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I can't help feeling that these senior civil servants wouldn't have complained if their shouty demanding boss was a white middle aged man.  I might be completely wrong here, but I am not convinced she is any more a bully than many many other leaders.

Ah yes, she's the victim here. Of course.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Not saying that, I am sure the stories are true, however there seems to be an acceptance of arsehole male bosses which doesn't apply to women.  Held to a different standard maybe.

Is there?!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Buce said:

Well, of course you can't, Jon, I wouldn't have expected anything else.

I never thought I'd miss MattP's contributions but at least he was honest about his unashamed bias.

I don't particularly like her to be honest, but it is hard to separate the reaction to her in general at the home office - she doesn't seem terribly popular - and this bullying issue.  As my son learnt at school this week, bullying is doing something to upset someone Several Times On Purpose (STOP).

8 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I can't help feeling that these senior civil servants wouldn't have complained if their shouty demanding boss was a white middle aged man.  I might be completely wrong here, but I am not convinced she is any more a bully than many many other leaders.

Christ, you really are brainwashed aren't you? Or just entitled. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Buce said:

Well, of course you can't, Jon, I wouldn't have expected anything else.

I never thought I'd miss MattP's contributions but at least he was honest about his unashamed bias.

TBH I'd like to see Matt back here just so he can explain exactly how the protests in the US right now by right-wingers are justified and the ones at the same time in 2016 by left-wingers are not - despite the numerical result being exactly the same in favour of the winner both times.

Body shaming is obviously wrong, but in the spirit of the rules applying to everyone except those that don't want them to apply to them, Priti Patel has a tall, attractive person's head stuck on your little fat Auntie Pam's bod and if you are ever bullied by her (Priti Patel, not your Auntie Pam, she's a wonderful woman) it's your civic duty to point this out to her

Edited by Bellend Sebastian
I made it even more brilliant
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I remember Gordon Brown brushing his own complaints of bullying at the treasury under the carpet. I’m not saying it’s right but it’s hardly anything new.

Hasn't there been new rules and a new regulatory body brought in since then, on the back of things going on in the past and being ignored. So I'm not saying it was fine when Brown, or anyone else did it, and not now, but we didn't have an independent panel that could look at it and give advice on how to deal with it, and they could sweep it under the carpet. We're supposed to have improved.

Now we do have the independent body, I think brought in by Johnson to his credit, and Johnson has said he's anti bullying. And when the independent body he set up to look into bullying, something that he claims to be strongly against, tells him his minister has broken ministerial code by bullying staff, he decides to ignore it. Thats the problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

I remember Gordon Brown brushing his own complaints of bullying at the treasury under the carpet. I’m not saying it’s right but it’s hardly anything new.

In a half-asleep state, I thought for a moment this said Gordon Banks. I only twigged when the quip about saving money didn’t come.

• Like 1