Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

The Politics Thread 2020

He left number 10 with a cardboard box!

What was in that box?

I'm pretty sure it wasn't his stationary & bit & bobs from his desk. 

Whatever the contents, it sure looked as if he wasn't letting any one else get their paws on it.

Theories please?

4 minutes ago, boots60 said:

What was in that box?

Whatever the contents, it sure looked as if he wasn't letting any one else get their paws on it.

Theories please?

I’d imagine stationary & bits & Bob’s from his desk is exactly what was in the box.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Can see Cummings coming back under any Gove leadership bid (although I think Gove for PM would be doomed). Either that or he’s positioned himself for a role at semi-governmental advisory consultancy. 

There’s a quite simple point that Tories have been in power for a considerable period and now they have ran out of competent persons who can take cabinet roles. Left with the dregs now. No adults left. 

I’d be surprised to see that myself. To me, he was always around to see Brexit through, his would be the vision for Britain’s future direction and the strategy for dealing with the EU. The Conservative party is much bigger than he is and it’s ended up chewing him up and spitting him out. (Not that I have much sympathy. He’s largely caused his own demise through his own arrogance.) I imagine the party and those within it are sick of him and glad to see the back of him, and Gove in particular as it means he has less opposition around as the person people will inevitably turn to for strategy.

As for a lack of competence, I’ve never felt it was a strong cabinet - particularly Patel, Williamson and Raab in such senior positions despite their history or wetness. And of course Johnson himself, although that was somewhat inevitable given the circumstances. There is a number of new Tory MPs of course, and maybe they’ll be keen to promote some of them in a reshuffle, particularly given the relative positivity around Rishi Sunak.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, boots60 said:

What was in that box?

Theories please?

Mark Francois hard-drive given his disappearance from MP duties in recent months 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

It’s a photo from 2014 and not even where the lorry park is so who knows. But then such facts are inconvenient when you’re scrolling through Twitter all the time looking for a dopamine from seeing something bad about the government

Everybody knows misinformation and malice only comes from the right wing. So I assume it must be some kind of honest mishap.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

If ever a tweet proved what a shower of shit this government has been its this one. If you can get these two agreeing you're crap, then you must be crap.

Yes we should have had media and opposition asking the tough questions throughout, however let not pretend any of this is easy or that a Labour government would have done any better.  What has been shit is the communications.  Really shit.

4 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yes we should have had media and opposition asking the tough questions throughout, however let not pretend any of this is easy or that a Labour government would have done any better.  What has been shit is the communications.  Really shit.

Have to say I never quite get the "a Labour government wouldn't have done any better". I'm not saying they would have, but we literally will never know. All countries around the world have dealt with this differently than each other in some way or another, with the majority struggling. I don't see how saying it would have been equally as shit with a different government is a counter argument to saying the current one has done an awful job.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Have to say I never quite get the "a Labour government wouldn't have done any better". I'm not saying they would have, but we literally will never know. All countries around the world have dealt with this differently than each other in some way or another, with the majority struggling. I don't see how saying it would have been equally as shit with a different government is a counter argument to saying the current one has done an awful job.

Indeed. It could have been better. It could have been worse. Its no argument at all, its political ass wind.

• Like 1

On 08/11/2020 at 00:29, Innovindil said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-54841316

Marcus Rashford's campaign to tackle holiday hunger and child poverty in England has been addressed with a £396m package in a government climbdown.

The prime minister telephoned the footballer on Saturday to tell him of the new plans for targeted support over Christmas, Easter and Summer holidays.

Should never have needed to get to this point in the first place tbh, but at least we've got there eventually. Well done to Rashford for using his platform for good.

Now being attacked by the Daily Mail in ‘wealthy young black man has brought some property shocker…’

The Conservative establishment don’t like it up ‘em

A very good reflective piece in the Guardian exposing their bile and gross hypocrisy - worth a read

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/16/mail-on-sunday-v-marcus-rashford-a-sinister-attack-on-a-young-black-man

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Now being attacked by the Daily Mail in ‘wealthy young black man has brought some property shocker…’

The Conservative establishment don’t like it up ‘em

A very good reflective piece in the Guardian exposing their bile and gross hypocrisy - worth a read

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/16/mail-on-sunday-v-marcus-rashford-a-sinister-attack-on-a-young-black-man

Awful paper.  I see Rashford has now launched a book reading club for kids.  Lovely lad isn't he?

• Like 1

Jezza re admitted to the party

Couple of things 

a) his hearing was carried out by the the very procedure that the EHRC  had reported was unfit for purpose and should be changed

b) many victims of anti semitism in the party had waited years for a proper hearing and JC’s was heard in less than 3 weeks 

bit stinky ......

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Couple of things 

a) his hearing was carried out by the the very procedure that the EHRC  had reported was unfit for purpose and should be changed

b) many victims of anti semitism in the party had waited years for a proper hearing and JC’s was heard in less than 3 weeks 

bit stinky ......

Quickie suspension and business as usual, who cares about the Jewish anyway?

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Couple of things 

bit stinky ......

No decision though on whether he gets the whip back.

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Couple of things 

bit stinky ......

Worth noting he’s currently sitting as an independent as the whip hasn’t been returned. 

And in regards to point b, you can’t blame Starmer for hearings not heard whilst he wasn’t leader. 

Have you got a link regarding the hearing? I can’t find anything on it, but it’s disappointing if true. 

8 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Worth noting he’s currently sitting as an independent as the whip hasn’t been returned. 

And in regards to point b, you can’t blame Starmer for hearings not heard whilst he wasn’t leader. 

Have you got a link regarding the hearing? I can’t find anything on it, but it’s disappointing if true. 

The thing about point b is that the very procedure/mechanism that failed those who suffered AS and which the Labour Party was instructed  to change (in law btw) was very efficient in re admitting jezza - I think that is the irony here.