Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

10 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I had a couple of weeks off here and there to limit personnel in the workplace. I was paid in full but it was the most boring time I’ve ever had. I’m going to lose 46 days holiday come April and don’t care one bit. I don’t want them. I want to work and be busy, away from the bore of sitting in the garden (or living room as it’ll be in the coming months).

Get them used budd, find something different to do, days out with the family, watch some LCFC games, go on a UK break somewhere, go for walks, do some DIY or just lounge about and do 4 day weeks for the rest of the year.

Pointless losing 46 days annual leave for nothing (unless you can sell them back or whatever)

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

If this we don't have a vaccine that works and there's no long lasting immunity, are people happy to just live this limited life for the rest of their lives?

The same people have been saying "it's just a couple of months, stop being selfish". I wonder at what point different people will hit the limit.

How is there no long term plan a, b, c yet? It seems like everything is still reactive. What if there's no progress by next summer? Do we continue to live like this forever? 

I hate not knowing what the long term plan is.

The long term plan for the government is how we get out of this looking like we did a good job. I dont like seeing my civil liberties eroded in the name of "safety" when the odds are >99.7% ill survive. I saw a similar comment on you tube, seems very apt.

"The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it" - Joseph Mengele

It's just a couple of weeks

It's rules to protect you

It's just non-essential businesses

It's just to save the NHS

It's just to "flatten the curve"

It's just a couple more weeks

It's just until we get the cases down

It's just a few more months

It's just an app

It's just to protect your family

It's just a vaccine

It's just a few side effects

It's just so you can travel

It's just music (cant be played in bars)

It's just so we know you're covid free

it's just so we know who you are

It's just so we know where you've been

It's just an increase in mental health issues

It's just an increase in suicides

it's just a business you've been building for 30 years

It's just a pension

It's just a house/mortgage

It's just a mask

It's not just a mask.

I'm not predicting some big conspiracy theory, i don't think there's a master plan at all, i just don't understand how we are all so happy and complacent to see this kind of social destruction.

• Like 2

It feels like people have been saying 'just a few more weeks' or 'just a little while longer for ages now. I'm ok with the current restrictions, but they shouldn't get any harsher than they already are. Not many deaths for a while now and people are still actively mixing indoors etc.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, simFox said:

I'm not predicting some big conspiracy theory, i don't think there's a master plan at all, i just don't understand how we are all so happy and complacent to see this kind of social destruction.

So get on the streets and fight it. 

Moaning about the injustice on here does very little. 

14 minutes ago, simFox said:

The long term plan for the government is how we get out of this looking like we did a good job. I dont like seeing my civil liberties eroded in the name of "safety" when the odds are >99.7% ill survive. I saw a similar comment on you tube, seems very apt.

"The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it" - Joseph Mengele

It's just an app

It's just a vaccine

It's just a pension

It's just a mask

It's not just a mask.

It is just a mask, I don't understand why people get so worked up about the mask. It is the easiest thing to do but it only works if we all do it.

Mask up properly and we will get everything else back quicker. The government's dealing of this has been crap and confusing. It's been simultaneously over the top and woefully inadequate.

It comes down to this. Would you rather life got back to normal, but we all had to wear masks on certain situations? Or continue in this muddle?

Take football as much as it wouldn't be ideal would you rather a packed stadium of fans wearing masks? Or a quarter full stadium of distanced fans? Or empty stadiums/no football? 

• Like 1

Was listening the the top council chap In Birmingham on the news last night. They have been given some new powers from the government to help stop the rise in brum.  He seemed delighted saying he’d close businesses down to stop the spike in cases. This is the new new. A power crazy lunatic with obscene powers. 

I get that people think any more lockdowns are harsh, but I really don’t understand the issue with masks. At all. 

If I went to Morrisons completely naked I’d be arrested for public indecency. Would the same people argue “Why can’t I go naked? I’m not hurting anyone. It’s just the government trying to control me and curtail my civil liberties”?

32 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

So get on the streets and fight it. 

Moaning about the injustice on here does very little. 

If there was a reasonable protest organised without some crackpot anti-5g backdrop to it, I'd be all over it. The only other problem is that I'm not in the UK (work overseas).

But, you make a good point, so I'll write a quick note to my MP

The ones that bug me are the middle classes/houlier than thou tw ats on social media complaining about pubs being open just because they dont go, yet conveniently forgetting about the economic and social benefits it beings. As long as things go back to normal in their world thats all that matter....

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

It is just a mask, I don't understand why people get so worked up about the mask. It is the easiest thing to do but it only works if we all do it.

Mask up properly and we will get everything else back quicker. The government's dealing of this has been crap and confusing. It's been simultaneously over the top and woefully inadequate.

It comes down to this. Would you rather life got back to normal, but we all had to wear masks on certain situations? Or continue in this muddle?

Take football as much as it wouldn't be ideal would you rather a packed stadium of fans wearing masks? Or a quarter full stadium of distanced fans? Or empty stadiums/no football? 

I don't disagree with the core concept of wearing as mask in enclosed spaces to help prevent spread, it's just common sense.

Do you seriously believe it'll help get things back quicker though? This thing is always going to be around, always. 

Nothing is going to remove this virus any time soon, and while it's out there, the same people will keep finding excuses and keep saying "it's just a while longer".

27 minutes ago, simFox said:

If there was a reasonable protest organised without some crackpot anti-5g backdrop to it, I'd be all over it. The only other problem is that I'm not in the UK (work overseas).

But, you make a good point, so I'll write a quick note to my MP

I will be at Trafalgar Square on Saturday. Disgusted by the deliberate scaremongering and falsified death tolls.

Saddened by the cuckish behaviour of many in the UK. 

1 hour ago, simFox said:

It's just an app

It's just a vaccine

It's just a pension

It's just a mask

It's not just a mask.

Because the instinct of rebellion has been gradually stolen from society. Blame Simon Cowell with manufactured pop music. Blame electronic media devices for creating an insular society.  I'd hate to be young now, it must be shit trying to be your mum and dad when you're 20!

• Haha 1

....wait, there's people outside of 4chan and the more fruity YouTube comments section who use the term "cuck" and its derivatives completely unironically and not referring to matters like those of Jerry Falwell Jr?

Glory be.

NB. to keep this on topic, things still aren't great over here - 320 cases today.

25 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Because the instinct of rebellion has been gradually stolen from society. Blame Simon Cowell with manufactured pop music. Blame electronic media devices for creating an insular society.  I'd hate to be young now, it must be shit trying to be your mum and dad when you're 20!

Or because there's a ****ing pandemic on and people are happy to wear a mask and queue for a bit in shops so it can help more people stay alive over the winter...

So now Simon Cowell is the reason we're all sheep blinded to the truth...? That's a new one... I thought it was Bill Gates?

Social destruction? Give me a break...

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Or because there's a ****ing pandemic on and people are happy to wear a mask and queue for a bit in shops so it can help more people stay alive over the winter...

Social destruction? Give me a break...

Whenever someone comes out with a suggestion, there always appears to be someone who completely trashes the idea. It's almost as though there seems to be moles and debunkers planted on media sites that trash anything that goes against popular opinion.

• Haha 1

I know several people who have had the virus

1 middle aged woman who got admitted to hospital with it and was quite bad but has since recovered fairly well enough

1 middle aged woman who was a PT who since recovering from the virus has been bed bound with severe post viral fatigue (this has gone on for months)

1 young adult who has made a full recovery and only had mild to moderate symptoms during their infection but still sounded awful! (Like when people say it's only the flu, the flu is ****ing shit so wouldn't want to get that anyway)

None of these stories make me want to get it!!!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Whenever someone comes out with a suggestion, there always appears to be someone who completely trashes the idea. It's almost as though there seems to be moles and debunkers planted on media sites that trash anything that goes against popular opinion.

I'm a mole now? Who for? The government or the illuminati? lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

The subtle virus deniers and anti-maskers on this forum make me so angry I can hardly ever look at this thread. You pig headed selfish willy pullers.

No one is denying the virus exists. The fact is we have over estimated it's severity.

We only needed to protect the weak and vulnerable, but instead we sent them home to look after themselves and got a deathrate that struck fear into the population. But if you took a few minutes to look at the statistics and understood just how serious this isn't, you've got to question why millions of people are losing their jobs, suicide rates are through the roof and more people are now dieing due to non Covid reasons.

Do you deny the current death/unemployment statistics? It's frankly not acceptable.

My urine temperature... 95, 96, 97, 98.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1