Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

52 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Work is slowly filling up with covid (London icu). Really can't be ****ing bothered. Been wearing an ffp3 since March. Part of me is wondering am I inhaling microfibres wearing this thing 40 hours a week?

I don't think anyone would blame you for wanting to pack it in. Just hope your own mental health has managed to hold up through this year.

3 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Work is slowly filling up with covid (London icu). Really can't be ****ing bothered. Been wearing an ffp3 since March. Part of me is wondering am I inhaling microfibres wearing this thing 40 hours a week?

During/after this chaos, and the"hand-clapping"...

I still wonder if your jobs( health-care) are being supported, analysed over the Short n long term knock-on Effects ,& are seriously being scrutinised,from any decent body,Internal or external....

Various semi-decent Medical Media Outlets around Europe did Pick up on some serious peripheral, yet unknown complications,outside Covid,I wonder if there is some sort of tracking still in progress,or the interest has faded...

Normal Joes, like myself can only be gratefull mostly by giving you the Moral support and trying to educate ourselves on the proffesions hard difficulties.So we can try to offer then put forward our opinions & supporting voices.

unfortunately  like the military personnelle,or any other public-services,even when facts and needs are known,

those acknowledgement,transparacy & implementation needs falls on convenient Deaf ears & stoney ground...

Who looks After and protects  the people, who Care for & protect us..

I can only offer a Godbless & thankyou...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

In a predicament, just wondered what everyone thought. Had to get a new job due to covid, but with only an 8 week contract initially. Bossed it for 5 weeks , 60hrs a week and really going for it to try and get the perm contract. 

Started to get a tickly chest and today woke up with cough , high fever, achy body etc. Classic symptoms. Let them know but it's an automated system to report absense. (I really could have worked, feel fine apart from the mentioned but felt like I ought to do the right thing). 

Think the absense will affect my prospects of the contract ? 

Get yourself tested, and if it comes back negative inform work and get back in there. In the meantime, get well soon 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Hopefully not mate, you're doing the right thing. Keep us updated.

55 minutes ago, Staff said:

Get yourself tested, and if it comes back negative inform work and get back in there. In the meantime, get well soon 

Thanks both. 

Fever has gone at least for now so hoping it was a short lived one. 

Had a test at my workplace yesterday after I got the initial chest symptoms (basically a walk in for any worker that wants it)  which takes 2-5 days to get results. They sent an email just asking for me to get a NHS test and proof of it, again looks automated / boilerplate, so will give them a call regarding already having one after initial symptoms at work. 

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Well test this morning for me. 

Had two hours yesterday of extreme shooting muscle pains, followed by a temperature akin to the underworld and woke up this morning with a headache so heavy; I think someone has hit it with a frying pan

Sounds like pretty intense symptoms. Hope they subside for you asap. 

22 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Would it be worth staying longer...If no Work responsibility. Then Go local...for Roof over the head..??

valuating Costs back home to staying on a budget & in the warmth,less Stress maybe..

Unfortunately work beckons otherwise I would definitely stay here and live cheaply.

On the subject of work I’m reading conflicting figures regarding the work retention scheme, can anyone advise whether workers get 67% or 77% of their  salaries?

28 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Well test this morning for me. 

Had two hours yesterday of extreme shooting muscle pains, followed by a temperature akin to the underworld and woke up this morning with a headache so heavy; I think someone has hit it with a frying pan

Have you been participating in one of Brendan's training sessions? 

Sounds horrendous, hope you're feeling better soon CF.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Unfortunately work beckons otherwise I would definitely stay here and live cheaply.

On the subject of work I’m reading conflicting figures regarding the work retention scheme, can anyone advise whether workers get 67% or 77% of their  salaries?

67% if you’re forced to shut due to tier 3 restrictions 

the other scheme covers you if you can work a min of a third of your hours - you earn a third, your company pays a third and the govt top up a third. Max from the govt is £700/month I think.  I don’t believe this scheme will be used that much 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Have you been participating in one of Brendan's training sessions? 

Sounds horrendous, hope you're feeling better soon CF.

Ironically I’m hoping it’s a case of fatigue as I had the first half of this week off and went rambling. 

Test centre was very well organised though 

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

67% if you’re forced to shut due to tier 3 restrictions 

the other scheme covers you if you can work a min of a third of your hours - you earn a third, your company pays a third and the govt top up a third. Max from the govt is £700/month I think.  I don’t believe this scheme will be used that much 

Thank you.

Tough either way on workers whose employers  are struggling. I can’t imagine there are many people able to lose 23% of their income let alone 33%

17 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Maybe why it was tested out in Leicester, it’s hardly full of anarchy is it. Once they locked down in Leicester the government probably thought that everywhere else would play ball.

We're stoic.

From years of following our football club.

Guest Harrydc
18 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

But it could stop it spreading right?

Do you want to walk your dog or go on a morning run wearing a mask? The question that needs to be asked if how long are these restrictions going to be in place if we do not get a vaccine? Because there is absolutely no way I'm living like this in 2 years time. It's sending me crazy. 

19 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

Do you want to walk your dog or go on a morning run wearing a mask? The question that needs to be asked if how long are these restrictions going to be in place if we do not get a vaccine? Because there is absolutely no way I'm living like this in 2 years time. It's sending me crazy. 

Step away from this thread, don't read/watch the news and do your own thing for a bit mate. You'll feel much much better for it:thumbup:

I know you worked in hospitality too, so concentrate on a job search (if that's something you want).

27 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

But these people wear in close contact with lots of people, I don't see the hardship in wearing a mask whilst they do that.

44 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

I don't think anyone wants to do any the things we're having to. People do them to try to keep themselves and others safer whilst having some shred of normality.

34 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Cases are clearly remaining constant here.  No rise.  Certainly not an exponential rise of any note.

image.png.9057ec91261431b41c1fd518dd0a8ad7.png

A month ago the seven day average was around 3000/day

a month on, its 16000/day

are we pretending that this is ‘constant’ ?

Vallance would say that without the rule of six, it would be much higher - no one can argue the toss either way ....

• Like 2