Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 hours ago, Gubbins said:

They all add up but only to a tiny amount compared to the education system and it would be an even smaller amount if the main problem was dealt with.  If the whole point of all this government action is to 'protect the NHS and save lives' and essentially bide time until this magic and miraculous vaccine is gonna show up then they are scandolously ignoring taking action against the one area that will have a big effect on their goals. Is it an easy decision? No. Is it fair on students and some parents? No, but then all of the actions taken recently havent been fair on somebody and will have far reaching effects on the economy and peoples lives. The difference being that action on the education system may well have an actually noticeable effect on the virus which is what this whole cluster**k of a situation is supposed to be about.

I think you know as well as I do that catch phrases some think tank comes up with aren't the aim here. The aim can only be a balancing act of lives, life and economy. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That 60% is a huge number and I am very surprised it's that high, I thought it would be 35-40%.

I also never realised 1 in 6 people were disabled in the UK either tbf.

Yeah but there's disabled and disabled. 

I know that comment will be about as popular as the pope on an orange march, but the UK has surely the world's largest epidemic of malingerers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Yeah but there's disabled and disabled. 

I know that comment will be about as popular as the pope on an orange march, but the UK has surely the world's largest epidemic of malingerers

Yeah probably why that number has surprised me, I guess I don't really think about disabilities like Autism and stuff because they're hidden disabilities, definitely ignorance on my behalf.

In a predicament, just wondered what everyone thought. Had to get a new job due to covid, but with only an 8 week contract initially. Bossed it for 5 weeks , 60hrs a week and really going for it to try and get the perm contract. 

Started to get a tickly chest and today woke up with cough , high fever, achy body etc. Classic symptoms. Let them know but it's an automated system to report absense. (I really could have worked, feel fine apart from the mentioned but felt like I ought to do the right thing). 

Think the absense will affect my prospects of the contract ? 

Edited by LCFCCHRIS
Typo

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I think it's good he's holding out for a better financial package. 67% of minimum wage isn't sufficient. I'd love an mp to live on 200 quid a week. 

I fully agree with him taking a stand too, so should everyone in the north if they dont get sufficient funding if told to be in tier 3 otherwise the north/south divide will grow even more.

38 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

In a predicament, just wondered what everyone thought. Had to get a new job due to covid, but with only an 8 week contract initially. Bossed it for 5 weeks , 60hrs a week and really going for it to try and get the perm contract. 

Started to get a tickly chest and today woke up with cough , high fever, achy body etc. Classic symptoms. Let them know but it's an automated system to report absense. (I really could have worked, feel fine apart from the mentioned but felt like I ought to do the right thing). 

Think the absense will affect my prospects of the contract ? 

Hopefully not mate, you're doing the right thing. Keep us updated.

• Thanks 1

Guest Harrydc

So why do Lancashire gyms get to stay open (rightly so) , but Liverpool are being forced to close. The inconsistencies are astonishing. Absolutely had enough of this boll*cks. 

9 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

So why do Lancashire gyms get to stay open (rightly so) , but Liverpool are being forced to close. The inconsistencies are astonishing. Absolutely had enough of this boll*cks. 

Strange innit 

Lancashire politicians convinced govt that they could police the gyms to make sure that covid safe ones remained open and those that weren’t would close ..... like they have the resources to check them out !   More like Sunak was happy that  he wouldn’t have to pay the 67% salary to all gym staff ! 

4 hours ago, TK95 said:

So the government fail to reach an agreement with Greater Manchester for putting them in tier 3. I don't recall any choice when Leicester was TOLD to go into local lockdown. Absolute shambles :mad:

Maybe why it was tested out in Leicester, it’s hardly full of anarchy is it. Once they locked down in Leicester the government probably thought that everywhere else would play ball.

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The gowns PestFix have purchased are currently in storage; awaiting testing. They've also supplied masks to the public which despite being advertised did not have the relevant testing regulation. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53672841 - end of this article

The awarding of the contract to Pest Fix was achieved on 10th April....the deadline was 13st April, which leaves a huge hole for legal challenge

Additionally one of the other suppliers, Ayanda Capital  reportedly supplied 43.5 million of the wrong FFP2 mask. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ministers-waste-150m-buying-unusable-masks-from-banker-5v8390xtp 

It's not solely about delivering on the contract - it's also whether that's been achieved at value for the tax payer. 

Stop posting like the government can ever do any wrong ffs! 

F-me. What's going in in here? The last two pages are full of points, counter points, and eventually admissions of being wrong - even to the point of apologies.

Oh, no - I see it now. All the anti-science, conspiracy p/!(£s haven't posted for a while. Amazing how constructive things can be when you're not having to deal with that. 

Work is slowly filling up with covid (London icu). Really can't be ****ing bothered. Been wearing an ffp3 since March. Part of me is wondering am I inhaling microfibres wearing this thing 40 hours a week?

Edited by z-layrex
  • Sad 2