Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

40 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Latest government advice. Stay at home, but keep your windows open!!  How's about f**k off!

I’ll assume your post isn’t serious - there are studies that actually show having ventilation in a room does reduce the chances of becoming infected 

however, given that we aren’t supposed to be mixing households (and certainly not indoors),  I’m not sure how ventilating your house is going to stop anyone in your household catching it if it’s already circulating ..... or is it is indicative of an  acceptance by the authorities that people will mix anyway ....

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I’ll assume your post isn’t serious - there are studies that actually show having ventilation in a room does reduce the chances of becoming infected 

however, given that we aren’t supposed to be mixing households (and certainly not indoors),  I’m not sure how ventilating your house is going to stop anyone in your household catching it if it’s already circulating ..... or is it is indicative of an  acceptance by the authorities that people will mix anyway ....

No, it's indicative of a govt that has no idea how ordinary people live their lives or the cost of heating a home.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

A useful heuristic in life is, ‘if Toby Young says something it’s wrong and if Toby Young thinks something, think the opposite’

Is there not a test to see if people have had it? As time goes by this is going to become far more important than a test to see if a person currently has it.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Is there not a test to see if people have had it? As time goes by this is going to become far more important than a test to see if a person currently has it.

Yes there is.

The point is that 50000 is 1% of 5m. But basic maths is galaxy brain stuff for Toby Young 

22 hours ago, Strokes said:

Hope they are alright pal.

20 hours ago, Izzy said:

Hope it's good news mate.

School have just rung us to say my daughter has to isolate for two weeks as it was her Math's teacher who tested positive.

Bit of a ball ache but it is what it is. She seems fine tbh.

Both came back positive this morning 🙄

They are both fine atm though boys thanks for asking. 

All 4 of us under house arrest now until the end of the month! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, stix said:

Both came back positive this morning 🙄

They are both fine atm though boys thanks for asking. 

All 4 of us under house arrest now until the end of the month! 

At least you are stuck in your new house with a garden as opposed to the flat. Silver linings....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

A useful heuristic in life is, ‘if Toby Young says something it’s wrong and if Toby Young thinks something, think the opposite’

and irrelevant of his maths issues, we don't have lockdowns and restrictions for seasonal flu 

people with blue ticks should be responsible for what they tweet - he should lose his tick for spreading misinformation - how many times was his original tweet retweeted  

24 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

All non-emergency operations cancelled in Leicester hospitals. 

Out of the interest,  do anyone happen to know where staff get redeployed to?   I cannot imagine a heart surgeron for one being equipped to deal with A&E emergencies or to look after COVID patients unless if all operations are cancelled to curb the amount of personnel going in and out?

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

What do people want ?

A lockdown till Christmas then open up for 4 days then close down again?

No one can really win can they ..

What ever happens people aren’t going to be happy.

Lockdown until we are all immortal, or at least have all died of something else?

7 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

What gets my goat is that it's the virus that is blamed for overwhelming the NHS, rather than the criminal underfunding for years and years, every winter it is stretches, beds run out, operations have waits for months. A little extra strain and obviously it'll collapse like a house of cards. 

Or the stupidness of the general public?

6 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Out of the interest,  do anyone happen to know where staff get redeployed to?   I cannot imagine a heart surgeron for one being equipped to deal with A&E emergencies or to look after COVID patients unless if all operations are cancelled to curb the amount of personnel going in and out?

Not as extreme as example as that but happened to my sis in law in April / May. Works in health centre and thrown into the trenches as she used to work in palliative care well over 10 years ago. Even worse for some of her colleagues who have never worked in a hospital. 

Bit shit when patients presume they're just standard nurses though you cant blame them for the what it the footballing equivalent of sticking Mendy in goal for the Liverpool match and expecting him to be decent.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

What gets my goat is that it's the virus that is blamed for overwhelming the NHS, rather than the criminal underfunding for years and years, every winter it is stretches, beds run out, operations have waits for months. A little extra strain and obviously it'll collapse like a house of cards. 

But the amount of money in real terms has been slowly increasing, they can't possibly have been running a campaign of consistently worse underfunding in relative terms.

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Not as extreme as example as that but happened to my sis in law in April / May. Works in health centre and thrown into the trenches as she used to work in palliative care well over 10 years ago. Even worse for some of her colleagues who have never worked in a hospital. 

Bit shit when patients presume they're just standard nurses though you cant blame them for the what it the footballing equivalent of sticking Mendy in goal for the Liverpool match and expecting him to be decent.

Jeez-  it must not have been easy for your sister in law-  I can get why someone like your sister in law would be asked but for the surgeons with limited skillset-  I would have thought it would be more effective for them to remain in their 'day'  job to reduce the waiting list-  you get stories in the newspapers about how patients die from excessive delays to their operations.

9 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

But the amount of money in real terms has been slowly increasing, they can't possibly have been running a campaign of consistently worse underfunding in relative terms.

I cannot comment on that but Tories has definitely contributed to the problem- they pulled the NHS bursary for student nurses few years back only to re-introduce them last December-  few months before start of the pandemic.