Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

55 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/mass-flu-testing-coronavirus-matt-hancock-b1760978.html

'He asked: "Why in Britain do we think it's acceptable to soldier on and go into work if you have flu symptoms or a runny nose, thus making your colleagues ill?'

Probably because millions of people can't afford to have a week off work for what potentially could be a runny nose Matt, especially after the 6 months we've had.

He came across well during the start of the pandemic- the more he speaks now, the more he sounds like a patronising twat.

Just seen Italy's numbers.

Only a few weeks ago people were saying they'd done a better job of controlling the virus than the UK, Spain, France and Germany, but now it's pretty clear its been worse.

Their 2nd wave deaths have now reached the same point as their first wave deaths and they accelerated way quicker than the other Western European countries too, that the curve looks pretty identical to the first wave.

There's definitely some kind of gerd immunity happening in New York and New Jersey though, those deaths haven't gone up as much as you'd think. And they're the regions with the highest percentage of deaths you can see on worldometer, with New Jersey having already had over 0.19% of it's population dying of covid, making it already pretty clear it's at least twice as deadly as flu.

Edited by Sampson

54 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/mass-flu-testing-coronavirus-matt-hancock-b1760978.html

'He asked: "Why in Britain do we think it's acceptable to soldier on and go into work if you have flu symptoms or a runny nose, thus making your colleagues ill?'

Probably because millions of people can't afford to have a week off work for what potentially could be a runny nose Matt, especially after the 6 months we've had.

He should probably start looking at needing to be on deaths door for some employers to understand you're sick. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Are we just having a go for having a go's sake again?

We are guilty of it thou as we don't want to show weakness & want to show the boss what hero's we are, do we not?  I would often be sat next to someone coughing & snotting away & within a week i've got myself a headcold.

I notice you also just extract 1 line without the rest of what he says for context, he's actually forward thinking in what he's saying as now we have this testing capacity lets use it not lose it.

We do have the British bulldog ego chip if you like we don't like to show weakness so he's saying we need to educate & brush that stigma off, get checked if you have a bug because maybe next time that person coughing & snotting away next to me it could be CV20 they are passing on, we need to learn the hygienic measures from all of this crap we have been through, would you be comfortable going back on the 3rd Dec & have someone spluttering away within your space, it wouldn't happen, so why does it need to happen once a vaccine comes along?

Edited by BKLFox

Leicester’s cases have started to drop over the past five days, little mention of that though, they’d rather concentrate on our high infection rate and certain areas where the virus is supposedly accelerating. 

With the Christmas household announcement though, it will probably get extremely messy in January and the whole of the UK’s numbers will accelerate again, people won’t listen anyway, but to have approval from the Government is extremely risky business.

18 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Are we just having a go for having a go's sake again?

We are guilty of it thou as we don't want to show weakness & want to show the boss what hero's we are, do we not?  I would often be sat next to someone coughing & snotting away & within a week i've got myself a headcold.

I notice you also just extract 1 line without the rest of what he says for context, he's actually forward thinking in what he's saying as now we have this testing capacity lets use it not lose it.

We do have the British bulldog ego chip if you like we don't like to show weakness so he's saying we need to educate & brush that stigma off, get checked if you have a bug because maybe next time that person coughing & snotting away next to me it could be CV20 they are passing on, we need to learn the hygienic measures from all of this crap we have been through, would you be comfortable going back on the 3rd Dec & have someone spluttering away within your space, it wouldn't happen, so why does it need to happen once a vaccine comes along?

Maybe if someone who earned say £400 a week got more than £95 (last time I checked) in sick pay they'd be more inclined to do it. Additionally, you can easily be let go for reoccuring sickness. I work some lads who have about 8-10 sickness periods (periods, not days) a year, but because we're public sector it's encouraged and nobody really takes any notice. Compare that to a private firm where you're costing your employer money due to being off and they won't be so friendly.

Easy to say you should take the time off if you're comfortable, not so easy if you're a couple with only one of you working and on minimum wage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

“The virus is taking a hold in all areas of the city, with some of the fastest-growing infection rates in Clarendon Park, Braunstone, West End, Stocking Farm and Mowmacre, Aylestone and Eyres Monsell.

The virus is spreading when people are meeting up with friends or family.”

Prof Ivan Browne

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/7-parts-leicester-fastest-growing-4727170.amp

Another day, another statement. This vaccine can’t come quick enough. Some people are not interested in listening. 

Really don’t want to be restricted in tier 3 of this is the concern of the council.

Hard to see how Leicester will be in any other tier and possibly the county too. Though infection levels are coming down they remain among the worst in the country in Leicester itself with the inevitable spill over into the county.

9 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Was it originally going to be more than 3 house holds could meet? Three isn’t many really is it.

Depends how you define a household? The bubble will be one so that could be say 5 people and two other households could be say 6 in each. So 17 people all mixing together.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

They are all so out of touch with reality. Try bringing in a law that SSP is 50% of your normal wage.

4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Can you imagine if their next advert is him administering vaccines. This needs to happen.

Will he be pushing "vaccination envy" in the same way he does "network envy" so awfully on the EE adverts? Despicable piece of advertising. 

2 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Won't happen, they've already said, schools will remain open due to the kids need for education. 

I know they won’t but they should do. Enough schools are having to close or close year bubbles now before everyone wants do what they want over Xmas 

Soulsby banging on about hoping the government gives him the right tools to get out of tier 3 in his usual sarcastic manner ..  you’ve got the same tools as everyone else you plonker ! ..  so stop fvckin moaning and try and improve things to levels other parts of the country are achieving. 

• Like 2