Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

13 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Tested positive 2 months ago, fully recovered.

Got symptoms again Friday night, test Saturday morning. Positive again. I didn’t think you could get it so soon after already having it.

Did you test negative in between?.  Perhaps it hadn't fully gone away? 

23 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Got symptoms again Friday night, test Saturday morning. Positive again. I didn’t think you could get it so soon after already having it.

It's likely it never left and you had it the whole time.

No idea why bring politics into the mix during a health crisis. Surely any government would prioritise the health of its citizens over its reputation. Of course they’ve been cock ups, but instead of pointing the finger on matters that have been and gone, why don’t we just work together to make it better? If the government tell people not to do something and they do it anyway, how is that the governments fault? 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Of course they’ve been cock ups, but instead of pointing the finger on matters that have been and gone, why don’t we just work together to make it better? If the government tell people not to do something and they do it anyway, how is that the governments fault? 

Spot on. You'll hear all the "This damn Govt and our media will blame people when there's a post Xmas spike" stuff ... but if people do lots of dumb stuff (when told not to) then they have to take their fair share of blame.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

No I didn’t have a test in between.  It’s possible although probably unlikely because my symptoms improved (smell about 50% better) but now all the symptoms I had have returned.

My sister had a meningitis virus which she got over but it came back two years later.   The doctors' opinion then was that it had never gone away.   Another year later she had a cold which they said was good news because it meant that the meningitis had gone. 

Obviously I have no idea if this one works the same way. 

7 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Have the French and German governments had poor decision making also as we seem to be in the same position as them still, ie we all locked down.

Fair point.

FWIW I'd guess that the answer is yes simply because the results there, as in the UK, have been worse than elsewhere despite the same things about the virus and how it propagates worldwide being known. Proof of the pudding and all that.

I guess overall my thoughts are that while the scientists can advise a government on what the best course of action is, we don't seem to have too much idea about what has actually gone on in such discussions behind closed doors and therefore how closely governments have been listening and acting upon the advice, so I'd reserve judgement until we know more.

2 hours ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

False positive either time? Maybe the 2nd test has detected traces of the original infection?

All the best to you regardless:kissing:

• Like 1

Projections.

First we had 500000.  Then we had 4000.  Now we have 70%.

Now I'm waking up to the media taking the scaremongering a step further by highlighting the fact that there may be food shortages.  Cue people panic buying during the one week people panic anyway.

There's no way back for Boris from this imo.