Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

This has to be the most cringey of all the ‘briefings’ yet.

Boris looks like a desperate man trying to install false confidence. Totally insincere. Sketchy as ****. 

What the hell’s he meant to be like, laughing cheering  celebrating, Jesus some on here, If it’s not his appearance, it’s his personality, the blokes in a lose lose situation, I’m sure he has ****ed some of your girlfriends on here, your like a load of little bitches🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

What the hell’s he meant to be like, laughing cheering  celebrating, Jesus some on here, If it’s not his appearance, it’s his personality, the blokes in a lose lose situation, I’m sure he has ****ed some of your girlfriends on here, your like a load of little bitches🤣🤣🤣

personality being his gross incompetence ? or the blundering, bumbling, buffoon 'act' ?

Edited by AllGoneTitsSchlupp

13 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

Oh let's all go on like everything is fine then and not comment on his 'leadership'. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Oh let's all go on like everything is fine then and not comment on his 'leadership'. 

But Stan, they were not attacking his leadership, but his look and his demeanour. Waters down valid arguments, so is petty and counter productive. 

26 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

SorrowfulDetailedInexpectatumpleco-small

Edited by Carl the Llama
gifs are tricky
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

But Stan, they were not attacking his leadership, but his look and his demeanour. Waters down valid arguments, so is petty and counter productive. 

Just like calling anyone doing it 'little bitches' waters down that critique too! 

It would genuinely be good if he looked a bit more credible and professional. Might mean he gets taken more seriously. Might seem like a superficial thing to say, mind. 

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

To be honest, his look and his demeanor are two of the things that have helped elevate him to that position. Seems fair game up me. If he wants to look like a shambling buffoon in the good times then be prepared for criticism in the bad. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Just like calling anyone doing it 'little bitches' waters down that critique too! 

It would genuinely be good if he looked a bit more credible and professional. Might mean he gets taken more seriously. Might seem like a superficial thing to say, mind. 

He always late, you'd think that extra time would give him chance to smarten up and collect himself. People talk like we've sent a 5 year old out there to do the briefing rather than a grown man, who has team of people guiding him, and career of standing up and addressing people.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer* The following is a link to a very chilldish newsthump send up of Brexit/Corona, if you think you may be offended by these topics please avoid clicking.  Article contains the following trigger words: Gammon; Nigel Farage; French citizen.

https://newsthump.com/2020/12/21/brexiters-left-stunned-after-several-eu-countries-demonstrate-easy-control-of-their-own-borders/

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Please tell me how many people died because of covid, not with it in the last 28 days. I think at this time of year, where there are many deaths due to flu's and pneumonia, this is fundamental in understanding how deadly covid actually is.

A friend of mine talked to a funeral director who told him that they normally get one person every day dying of flu or pneumonia ...   every single day ...   over the last 5 months that has dropped to zero ..  not one person.  

11 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

*Disclaimer* The following is a link to a very chilldish newsthump send up of Brexit/Corona, if you think you may be offended by these topics please avoid clicking.  Article contains the following trigger words: Gammon; Nigel Farage; French citizen.

https://newsthump.com/2020/12/21/brexiters-left-stunned-after-several-eu-countries-demonstrate-easy-control-of-their-own-borders/

From the same site, I think this is a great idea. Vaccinate whilst still being able to social distance.

https://newsthump.com/2020/12/07/government-announces-rapid-vaccine-deployment-programme-after-hiring-nations-darts-players/

• Haha 1

Just now, Countryfox said:

A friend of mine talked to a funeral director who told him that they normally get one person every day dying of flu or pneumonia ...   every single day ...   over the last 5 months that has dropped to zero ..  not one person.  

So, we've obviously discovered the cure for flu which is, to give a person covid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

So, we've obviously discovered the cure for flu which is, to give a person covid.

No idea mate ...  one other thing he said was a young man in his early 20’s died in a head on car crash ..   the death certificate said he died of COVID ..   his parents weren’t happy about that and tried to get it changed ..   but to no avail. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Countryfox said:

No idea mate ...  one other thing he said was a young man in his early 20’s died in a head on car crash ..   the death certificate said he died of COVID ..   his parents weren’t happy about that and tried to get it changed ..   but to no avail. 

That sounds a little spurious. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Please tell me how many people died because of covid, not with it in the last 28 days. I think at this time of year, where there are many deaths due to flu's and pneumonia, this is fundamental in understanding how deadly covid actually is.

This is the issue.  The PCR testing itself isn't accurate enough on a mass scale.  There's murmurings coming from some areas to suggest that the laboratories taking in samples are overworked, not taking necessary precautions and are not being run in an appropriate manner.

The problems all stem from the testing process.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

So apparently this new strain of COVID that's been uncovered was known to the government in September... Does this strain have anything to do with the Minks thing in Denmark or is that completely different? Could they be linked? 

Likely most infections are slightly different and various different strains float around in the population, evolving to match the stresses. 

If we locked down every time a different variant or strain popped up, we'd never be out of it. This strain has been shown to be more transmissible, however as of yet not more severe. They'll have been monitoring this strain, but likely left this a touch too late. 

Regarding Mink, i doubt it. Given its origin in Denmark and how this variant isn't drastically different. 

• Like 1

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

This is the issue.  The PCR testing itself isn't accurate enough on a mass scale.  There's murmurings coming from some areas to suggest that the laboratories taking in samples are overworked, not taking necessary precautions and are not being run in an appropriate manner.

The problems all stem from the testing process.

There are several mega labs opening in the coming months. 

The problem stems from not having the facilities to fit the testing. Some of the labs used in summer have been switched back to their prior uses. Building and setting up can only be done so quickly.