Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

6 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Either that or blame people for "not following the rules".

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't need - and nor should any normal person - the government to create in law how I should and shouldn't  behave inside  normal social norms. 

God bless Foxes Talk. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

“There undoubtedly morons in all communities. But the postcode stats don't lie and nor do my own eyes from what I've seen of my neighbours and my parents neighbours.

There are vast sections of the Asian community that have totally ignored social distancing and social bubbles since day 1. Rules are for other people in many people's eyes. “

Above are your comments immediately after the Leicester lockdown was announced. You’ve now admitted that you followed the same principles of the “vast” amount of Asian people (vast being based on seeing your and your parents neighbours actions) you criticised back then. 

You may think you’re undertaking a “common sense” approach. However, it takes one contact, with one individual to then have contact with someone “at risk” to place this country at risk. Now, you thanked “sections of the Asian community” (ps Asia is actually a vast area it probably needs to be reduced as to who you’re referring to) for the second Leicester lockdown. Do we thank “people like you” for the latest restrictions ? 

Impressive, bringing  up an old quote. But what i said then and now doesn't  contradict itself. 

I don't ignore social distancing. I don't visit vulnerable relatives. I assess risk. 

Btw, feel free.to dig out old quotes. There's shouldn't  be any inconsistency. I've used common sense from day 1.

Edited by Paninistickers

Of course, the thing that really drives a coach and horses through this isolation plan is that children of separated parents can continue travelling round the country as normal.  How many children will be skipping between households every week or two?  Hundreds of thousands, I dare say.  Possibly millions.

And if part of the divorce agreement is that the parents come back together at Christmas for a Christmas Day with both households, that can presumably continue!

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Nope. Dont be silly. 

On planes and in pubs and restaurants I've respectfully kept my distance. And obviously my co travellers / diners / drinkers were not 'at risk' groups (or they wouldn't have been there in the first place) - meaning  even if we had passed it on to each other, no harm would've happened to either party. 

And I don't mix with at risk groups..including my parents. I wouldn't wish to jeopardise the health of anyone who's vulnerable

I don't need - and nor should any normal person - the government to create in law how I should and shouldn't  behave inside  normal social norms. 

You sound like you're being sensible, albeit taking a small risk with meeting asymptomatic people, and perhaps being asymptomatic yourself and not isolating.

The problem is that it seems a good proportion of people don't have a enough common sense, or perhaps don't care enough about others, to behave in a similarly respectful manner.

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Cvnt. 

...anyone really expect anything other than xenophobic dog-whistles from Nige?

He's just sore that largely because of this outbreak the guy who engages in it even more than he does got the boot last month and is hopefully facing time inside soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I think a degree of common sense is needed with any of the rules. 

100% right. I've adhered to the rules almost to the letter, with admittedly some risk-assessed line-blurring moments here and there.

The Govt asked people to be sensible this Christmas. That message clearly wasn't getting through and they've now tightened the rules.

People will still break the rules but hopefully not as much as they were going to and therefore we won't have as bad a January as it could be.

@Izzy - if you want to see your folks, go and see your folks. Just do it in the least risky way possible. And without any neighbours seeing you!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

...anyone really expect anything other than xenophobic dog-whistles from Nige?

He's just sore that largely because of this outbreak the guy who engages in it even more than he does got the boot last month and is hopefully facing time inside soon.

Daily mail needs a Christmas poster boy.

4 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

The good news, is that judging by the number of people flooding out of London last night, we will all get to enjoy tier 4 before long. 

Utter morons. 

Any number of people flooding out of London is irrelevant.  They will put everyone in tier 4 regardless.  This is an experiment to see how the latest measure takes effect.  You can't blame people leaving London!

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Any number of people flooding out of London is irrelevant.  They will put everyone in tier 4 regardless.  This is an experiment to see how the latest measure takes effect.  You can't blame people leaving London!

The specifically said not to and are putting in these Tier 4 measures to try and contain the spread across the rest of the country? Whether the measures will work is another matter, but everyone has a responsibility at least try and make it work by abiding by the rules. 

17 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

The good news, is that judging by the number of people flooding out of London last night, we will all get to enjoy tier 4 before long. 

Utter morons. 

7 minutes ago, rachhere said:

The specifically said not to and are putting in these Tier 4 measures to try and contain the spread across the rest of the country? Whether the measures will work is another matter, but everyone has a responsibility at least try and make it work by abiding by the rules. 

What if they were going home and couldn't stay in London? 

8 hours ago, hejammy said:

You do know that people of all ages have died from this don't you? My next door neighbour, 34 with absolutely no underlying conditions suffered from 2 heart attacks and a stroke as a result of covid-19. I'd like to type out a whole load of adjectives here but I feel like what's the point. You say you don't mix with at risk groups but what if you caught it on one of your numourous endeavours, passed it onto your child who passed it on to another child in their class who does live with an elderly relative or someone at risk? 

The point is we're all in this together and if people like yourselves thinks "f the rules and the government" - "I can make better decisions than scientists who have been studying this and have the best knowledge about it, cause I'm hard you see" then we're going to all fail. 

I'm sorry but the only way I can describe this behaviour is selfish. 

Hey, you make good points and I realise my comments last night sounded provocative 

You can't legislate for freak incidents like your poor neighbour suffered. Bad things happen everyday, not just covid. 

I don't ignore the scientists or think i can make better decisions. I think I can make better decisions than the government. As an example, I'd no intention of visiting family this xmas. Last night's reversal  make no odds to me personally. It was a dreadful, dreadful decision to encourage people, with a nudge and a wink,  to do so in the first place..

the tut tutting of 'rule breakers' like me are often the same people.packing their house out over Christmas Day and Boxing Day, just because Boris (originally) said it was allowed.  

Sorry, a crap long winded answer this, but my various (sometimes silly).posts are mainly aimed at people unable to work this out for themselves and blindly follow this idiot government. Listen to the scientists, I agree. But take a pinch of salt of anything this total idiot government  has to say. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

Isn’t this a new sort of virus spreading more rapidly, I don’t know what your point is 

Because only the other day(Friday) you pulled me up when I said Boris should be more honest as in regards him being honest with the public, him saying he’s hoping not to go have another lockdown and then the very next day putting the whole of London into a new tier 4, which is basically another lockdown.

In a previous post you mentioned he didn’t have mystic Meg on his cabinet, well i would suggest he didn’t need mystic Meg to realise hospital admissions will always increase at this time of year “new sort of virus or not” 

• Like 3

Got to laugh at LNER's ticket voucher process.

If you are getting advanced ticket you have to upload a picture of your e-ticket, even if you've given your booking reference. The e-ticket only downloads to a PC as a PDF. Needless to say, you can only upload JPEGs.

Couldnt make it up and sums up 2020 in a nutshell.

• Sad 1