Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Loads of tourists on Falklands. Makes up a good portion of their income. Plus Ascension has beautiful beaches, excellent fishing and wildlife. 

I'd happily holiday on both. 

My thoughts exactly. All of the places on the list are places I have visited or would like to.  Shame I have a baby on the way!

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You must be a great catch, you stud :appl:

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Humble brag weren't it? 

The highest 'status' bird I've ever had  was an HCA (auxiliary nurse aka arse wiper). I wonder what it's like to date someone clever and earns a decent wedge?

Of.course,.Costock_Fox's bird could be a fella...

Could be anywhere between a light aircraft pilot and the space shuttle. They're all pilots at the end of the day.

BTW, HCA's do a sterling and often thankless task. They often seem to get the jobs qualified nursing staff don't want to do. 

5 hours ago, Parafox said:

Could be anywhere between a light aircraft pilot and the space shuttle. They're all pilots at the end of the day.

I don't think space shuttle pilots have been affected by coronavirus.  Outer space is one place that never did get on the government's red list.

Maybe social distancing in the cockpit was a problem?

:dunno:

Wasn’t meant as a humble brag at all, was just giving some perspective as to why I and many others may be a little biased in our view to wanting foreign travel back. 

There will be people who have been completely financially crippled by this, imagine taking on £100k of debt and having a plan of how to pay that back and all of a sudden the demand for your job disappears overnight. People are desperate.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Wasn’t meant as a humble brag at all, was just giving some perspective as to why I and many others may be a little biased in our view to wanting foreign travel back. 

There will be people who have been completely financially crippled by this, imagine taking on £100k of debt and having a plan of how to pay that back and all of a sudden the demand for your job disappears overnight. People are desperate.

What airline does your partner fly for? 

14 hours ago, Parafox said:

BTW, HCA's do a sterling and often thankless task. They often seem to get the jobs qualified nursing staff don't want to do. 

9 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

I don't think space shuttle pilots have been affected by coronavirus.  Outer space is one place that never did get on the government's red list.

Apologies if this seems pedantic, that's not my intent, but the Space Shuttle was retired in 2012.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

If only, Ryanair.

Don't knock them, you pay for what you get.  I have flown BC and first with some of the top airlines and some of the planes and service has been worse then Ryanairs.

Personally I would never date a pilot from Ryanair, they would atleast have to be a 4 star airline.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Corky said:

They'll proceed from here with the next step (meeting indoors), nothing in the data is alarming.

Absolutely. The interesting bit will be the next stage (late June) because that is as clear as mud. Over the next few weeks that will be defined no doubt.

1 minute ago, GlennyFox55 said:

0 deaths reported in England for the first time since July.

Cases ever so slightly up as expected as we unlock but all other areas heading in the right direction still. 

Does that mean that if any deaths are reported tomorrow, they would have been from at least 27 days ago?

5 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

0 deaths reported in England for the first time since July.

Cases ever so slightly up as expected as we unlock but all other areas heading in the right direction still. 

In line with testing going up though which is a positive

• Like 1