Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

53 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I had a look and you're right, they are miles away. The local one is 10 minutes walk.

Just found it weird I didn't have to enter my name on the drs one. Unless it's an exclusive link, so they already know its me.

You might just be a bod - maybe they contact x amount of bods per day. 

You’ll fill out your details once you get to the centre. 

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Anybody else been randomly sent COVID tests? Bit weird to have received two on the day I'm booked in at the local test centre to have one anyway for the Cup Final.

Knowing me I signed up for some research at some point and forgot

One for before the game, one for a few days after.

Both voluntary but aid with research on spread pre and post game :) 

Instructions are in the box (so I’ve heard, not opened mine yet as it’s waiting for me when I get home) 

4 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

One for before the game, one for a few days after.

Both voluntary but aid with research on spread pre and post game :) 

Instructions are in the box (so I’ve heard, not opened mine yet as it’s waiting for me when I get home) 

Oh ok, so it is game related then. Done one already. There are instructions on HOW to do them, not when or why

Just now, Bellend Sebastian said:

Oh ok, so it is game related then. Done one already. There are instructions on HOW to do them, not when or why

**** me I wish I was relaxed about the whole procedure as you are

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I got a text on Monday, that was from my drs, that asked me to book a jab. I followed the link and I didn't have to put my name in or anything, I'm booked in Saturday morning. I've had another text from NHS vaccine today asking me to book and it's through the NHS website. Do stick with appointment 1, or do I book again with the NHS site?

I went with my doctors appointment and cancelled the NHS appointment

22 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Even a.family.member of a.poster on here (the name I forget) has died from.the AZ jab. That's enough to put me.off.

Seems unlikely to me; perhaps not impossible. Was this decided by a coroner who did someone have the AZ jab and die a short time afterwards (of something unrelated to vaccine)?  Whatever age you are, you are at greater risk from Covid than the AZ vaccine.

1 hour ago, oxford blue said:

Seems unlikely to me; perhaps not impossible. Was this decided by a coroner who did someone have the AZ jab and die a short time afterwards (of something unrelated to vaccine)?  Whatever age you are, you are at greater risk from Covid than the AZ vaccine.

Seems unlikely to you? It actually happened! I know 2 young people who did actually die as a confirmed, direct result of the vaccine, so with all due respect, please keep your thoughts that it 'seems unlikely to you' to yourself. 

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

Seems unlikely to you? It actually happened! I know 2 young people who did actually die as a confirmed, direct result of the vaccine, so with all due respect, please keep your thoughts that it 'seems unlikely to you' to yourself. 

Fair enough if he hadn't read it on here, there are lots of things floating around social media so people naturally get sceptical. 

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

Fair enough if he hadn't read it on here, there are lots of things floating around social media so people naturally get sceptical. 

Yeah with hindsight maybe my reaction was a bit emotionally charged, but it's really close to home for me, and even if he hasn't read it here, it seems a bit insensitive to question something which Panini presented as a fact and so should be taken as such 

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yeah with hindsight maybe my reaction was a bit emotionally charged, but it's really close to home for me, and even if he hasn't read it here, it seems a bit insensitive to question something which Panini presented as a fact and so should be taken as such 

It brings the best out of you

9 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

I think you're chancing your arm a bit, driving all that way.  If you make that trip three or four times in search of a Pfizer vaccine, your increased chance of death on the road will outweigh your increased chance of death of an AstraZeneca vaccine.

This is actually probably very accurate.

2 hours ago, oxford blue said:

AZ vaccine induced thrombotic thrombocytopenia is a real thing. It's very rare but it's real. As things stand you're right to say the majority of people are at greater risk from COVID itself.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

here are lots of things floating around social media so people naturally get sceptical. 

But that doesn't justify unsubstantiated opinion over fact - and demonstrates yet again the pitfalls of parroting it. 

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Which is almost understandable, but when you're directly replying to someone who has just said a forum family member has died due to this, then that's the time to wind your neck in a little (regardless of what you think or whether you have valid concerns)

Just now, Line-X said:

But that doesn't justify unsubstantiated opinion over fact - and demonstrates yet again the pitfalls of parroting it. 

I think you've misinterpreted my post. Oxford questioned Pannini's post about somebody from Leicester dying from complications linked to the AZ vaccine. He was wrong to, but what I'm saying is I understand why he instinctively did so because there have been so many stories floating about. 

Just now, Houdini Logic said:

Which is almost understandable, but when you're directly replying to someone who has just said a forum family member has died due to this, then that's the time to wind your neck in a little (regardless of what you think or whether you have valid concerns)

Yeah fair enough. It's easy to misunderstand people on here though, I have done many times. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

I think you've misinterpreted my post. Oxford questioned Pannini's post about somebody from Leicester dying from complications linked to the AZ vaccine. He was wrong to, but what I'm saying is I understand why he instinctively did so because there have been so many stories floating about. 

No, I understood your post the circumstances surrounding it and it wasn't in any way intended as a slight against you. Simply the folly of gullibly accommodating social media 'stories floating about'. 

Guest Harrydc

So this new 'Indian varient' could 'delay' June 21st.

Are we going to put our lives on hold forever? 

I know I'm deemed a conspiracy nut on here, but can you blame me? 

Dangle the carrot in front of our faces again just to snatch it away. Happened too many times. 

Edited by Harrydc

1 hour ago, Harrydc said:

So this new 'Indian varient' could 'delay' June 21st.

Are we going to put our lives on hold forever? 

I know I'm deemed a conspiracy nut on here, but can you blame me? 

Dangle the carrot in front of our faces again just to snatch it away. Happened too many times. 

No plans to delay it.

Asked if local lockdowns were possible, Mr Johnson said: "There are a range of things we could do, we want to make sure we grip it.

"Obviously there's surge testing, there's surge tracing.

"If we have to do other things, then of course the public would want us to rule nothing out."

But he added there was no evidence to suggest England's planned lockdown easing could not go ahead.

• Like 2