Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WigstonWanderer

Watford Away Pre Match

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah we really have very few options out wide and up front for goals. George Hirst may well get a couple of sub appearances but if Perez and Barnes are unavailable there's no immediate answer in the academy to call upon and Gray and Albrighton are what they are!

Probably end up with using the diamond or 3 at the back with the wing backs if this happens

• Like 1

After seeing the Man City game last night I am intrigued as to what style of game we will see. I was pleasantly surprised to see that game was played at a really high intensity, in fact during the first 10 minutes it felt like a powerleague match and I was almost expecting it to end 10-6 or something totally insane like that! It played out initially more like a glorified training session than a real game, but at the same time a session where everyone had to be on it. There was very little wasted time it felt other than injuries, in fact I'd be interested to know for how long the ball was in play during the first two games compared to the average. It wouldn't surprise me if there was more actual football being played.

If that carries over into our match I think it would definitely favour us. Looking back at pre-season last year in almost every game we dictated the pace of the game regardless of the personnel used or the quality of the opposition. An awful lot is going to depend on the overall fitness of our players but if we maintain that style we should be overwhelming most teams we play during the run-in and even when players get tired should have the depth to cope. I saw the comment above about worrying about relying on Gray and Albrighton for goals and whilst I appreciate the concern, these players can still "refuel the tank" so to speak and keep the team moving. Albrighton in particular always puts a shift in and I think that's going to be really important for us with these training ground type of games. In fact I think that the squad will be absolutely key in this last set of games and think that players like Praet, Mendy, Choudhury, etc will all have a part to play. When players are flagging we will need that extra energy.

All that said, it's all going to come down to fitness. Arsenal lost 2 players inside the first 20 minutes due to injury last night and most of Man City's players looked spent even 60 minutes into the game. By the time players are truly back up to peak fitness levels, the season may already be over! Just a very weird situation all round.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

First one to register gets your code then? 😂

Just out of interest (in case we get one of course 😉😂) do you know what time we can register your, I mean our codes? 

Any time then you get another e-Mail in due course with further passwords etc.

Guest An Sionnach

Going to be a lot of ring rust. Score first and we don't lose but they are always capable of muscling in an equaliser. A good solid defensive 1-0 would suit me.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm telling you now, fcuk Nigel Pearson tomorrow. I couldn't give a monkeys chuff about how much we still love him, we have a soft underbelly running through this team and we could well do without the mindset being a chance to catch up with an old colleague. Thankfully our fans can't be in the ground to blow kisses at him and sing songs, I hope we batter him and his team tomorrow. We need to be more ruthless and tomorrow is a fine opportunity to do so. I want him seething with what we've done to his team, hope the ref tucks them up as well.

...I think it will be a cautious approach by both managers!!

Pearson is notorious for playing safe when under pressure and Rodgers goes against his real instincts in pressure situations.

I am still unsure why we switched to front foot football in the Championship, and whose idea was it to take this route.

No complaints as it was the right thing to do but went against what we had seen before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Pearson is notorious for playing safe when under pressure and Rodgers goes against his real instincts in pressure situations.

I am still unsure why we switched to front foot football in the Championship, and whose idea was it to take this route.

No complaints as it was the right thing to do but went against what we had seen before.

As always with us, if we can take the lead and not immediately retreat then we ought to be able to dictate the outcome of the game. As a few have said though, we really have no idea what sort of nick everyone will be in. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm telling you now, fcuk Nigel Pearson tomorrow. I couldn't give a monkeys chuff about how much we still love him, we have a soft underbelly running through this team and we could well do without the mindset being a chance to catch up with an old colleague. Thankfully our fans can't be in the ground to blow kisses at him and sing songs, I hope we batter him and his team tomorrow. We need to be more ruthless and tomorrow is a fine opportunity to do so. I want him seething with what we've done to his team, hope the ref tucks them up as well.

There's a soft underbelly to this team? No chance.

We went 9-0 up and were still shushing the Southampton fans. These lads are ruthless.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I’d say the opposite about Pearson. In the Great Escape, we’d come out quick and outrun teams in the first thirty minutes. 

53 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We went 9-0 up and were still shushing the Southampton fans. These lads are ruthless.

There is, too busy doing funny hand shakes and calling each other bro on Instagram with oppositions players.

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’d say the opposite about Pearson. In the Great Escape, we’d come out quick and outrun teams in the first thirty minutes. 

..absolutely correct!!!!

The problem was,that was not how we played in the Premiership, as opposed to in the Championship the season before (as I had previously mentioned). Pearson said that he did not believe we could play that way in the Premiership so that's why we struggled. The only time the "real" Leicester City turned up was in the second half of the Man. United home game and when Pearson finally came to his senses to play our proper style on the front foot for the last 9 matches.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

There is, too busy doing funny hand shakes and calling each other bro on Instagram with oppositions players.

So?

They can do what they like off the pitch. Fact is that on the pitch they've been utterly ruthless all season.

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

So?

They can do what they like off the pitch. Fact is that on the pitch they've been utterly ruthless all season.

No we haven't? 

Villa semi, Norwich away, Man United away, various others we looked soft as shite and not ruthless in any way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

We were also laughing and joking with the Villa players in the tunnel before they dumped us out the League cup in extra time. These lads aren't exactly Steve Walsh and co are they. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Gladly rolling out of bed at 6:30 AM on a Saturday to catch this one. Buzzing with anticipation to see what tomorrow brings.

6 hours on the booze pre kick off…

I like the cut of your jib!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Depends if you honestly think that makes any sort of difference really.

Villa players were greeting our players as well and yet they won that game.

Just as we were greeting their players twice in the league as we scored 8 goals against them.

Of course it ****ing matters!! Never been so ashamed of a set of players when I got home seething from that night to see Maddison and Chilwell kissing that greasy c*nts arse!!

I mean...they are just early 20s lads who are having the time of their lives getting paid a fortune to do what they love.

I've never been that bothered about seeing players chatting or high fiving. Not even bothered if they go out clubbing after a 10-0 loss. If you've had a bad day at work, sometimes you don't just want to sulk about but you want to forget about it.

None of these people have any real allegiance to us and nor do I expect them to. They should just do the job the best they can on the day. Some days it goes better than others. If they're consistently poor then that's on management. 

• Like 1