Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Irrelevant as Ben has left for £190k per week.

I mean, I don't agree with you, but what do you suggest? Sign no one? See if Mike Whitlow can still run?

You've reminded me of that run Whitlow made to set up the equaliser against Swindon at Wembley in 1993. He appeared to be running in slo-mo, only underpaced by the defender tracking him in treacle.

• Haha 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

You've reminded me of that run Whitlow made to set up the equaliser against Swindon at Wembley in 1993. He appeared to be running in slo-mo, only underpaced by the defender tracking him in treacle.

Haha I genuinely remember Mike Whitlow with real fondness. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

I don’t know, literally seen bits of him against spurs, so I don’t pretend I know anything about him... I’m purely going on someone who is a South American football expert and has watched him a lot more than me...

South American football expert being Tim Vickery. I'm not saying he is wrong, I've seen next to nothing of this guy, so am not qualified to have a valid opinion.

What I would say though is that when Richarlison was first linked with a premier league move, Tim Vickery didn't really rate him either, and thought he was just "alright", but thought that Yerry Mina was the absolute dogs wotsits, so he isn't always right. Oh and he is a Spuds fan too, need I say more! 

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

Lovely bloke. My company does some contract work for Mansfield Town Academy, he's a coach there. Based at Brooksby College. Said he preferred his time at Bolton though :ph34r:

Loved him but I feel like he's dead to me now!

Tell him all Bolton fans hate him. Let's see if we can't get this man some redemption.

ps sounds like a man who doesn't want this unlikely playing contract I'm danging in front of him (without due authorisation).

21 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Anyone remember when we apparently bought the wrong left back.

Manager said get me the left back from Plymouth (Tony Capaldi - good player).... our idiots go out and get him Peter Gilbert. Peter BLOODY Gilbert.

Could have been worse I suppose, could have been Peter Capaldi

If we want a young champo left back then Ben Williams at Barnsley if your boy.

We already have the young one though, just need someone to come in and boss it for a couple of years, like the Fuchs/Chilwell thing with a gradual seamless change over.

If we sign Jamal Lewis I'll quite happily call Chelsea myself and explain there's been a mixup and we'd like Chilwell back.

• Haha 1

Just now, The People's Hero said:

If we want a young champo left back then Ben Williams at Barnsley if your boy.

We already have the young one though, just need someone to come in and boss it for a couple of years, like the Fuchs/Chilwell thing with a gradual seamless change over.

If we sign Jamal Lewis I'll quite happily call Chelsea myself and explain there's been a mixup and we'd like Chilwell back.

Forget Championship players, we need to replace Chilwell with either someone better or at least on par with him.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Haha I genuinely remember Mike Whitlow with real fondness. 

Used to sit in front of a man who EVERY TIME he tackled someone would be like “ That player has a whicklow on his foot!” and then laugh at his own joke. EVERY TIME.

chuffin hilarious. :rolleyes:.

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

Used to sit in front of a man who EVERY TIME he tackled someone would be like “ That player has a whicklow on his foot!” and then laugh at his own joke. EVERY TIME.

What's a whicklow?

Mike Whitlow was the best left back I'd seen play for us up until that point.  Norman Leet notwithstanding of course.

17 minutes ago, MPH said:

You might have to talk me through this one?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MPH said:

Unfunny sods are the bane of the football-match attendee. I'm trying to decide what/who the online equivalent are... (and not in any way directed at you MPH...)

• Haha 1