Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Said Benrahma

25 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Exeter lalala....(apologies it's where I live)

I always liked the “oooh aahh, we are Exeter” chant, I’ve never known if it’s tongue in cheek from the West Country or a genuine chant, I do love custard though!!

7 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I suspect he'll be dazzled by an offer from a Big 6 club and end up sitting on their bench for PL games and playing against League Two teams in the Cup, before being loaned or sold in a few years' time. All players seem obsessed about playing for the Big 6, even when it might be better for them to join a decent PL team outside the six and actually play some games.

We are one of the one of the Big 6 now, aren't we? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Never heard that chorus before, must be a southern thing 

..I believe it was a chant for Lancashire Cricket Club back in the day!!!

Great club and brilliant cricketers. Sadly  cricket no longer has the characters it once did and no longer holds the same kind of allure, just looking at the decline in attendances.

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

Leeds are about to go and have a 50000 seater stadium while Newcastle are already have one lol they are still big clubs 

Guess Sunderland are massive too on that basis... see how we define big clubs now thank you. All I know is you need a job at Sky ASAP 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Guess Sunderland are massive too on that basis... see how we define big clubs now thank you 

Sunderland are a big club and subjectively could be viewed as being bigger than leicester. Stadium size is normally a very good indicator of club size in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Sunderland are a big club and subjectively could be viewed as being bigger than leicester. Stadium size is normally a very good indicator of club size in my opinion. 

Okay 👌 so trophies and how many decades you go back dont matter, the amount of revenue you generate all don’t matter... just if you have a big ground cool 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Okay 👌 so trophies and how many decades you go back dont matter, the amount of revenue you generate all don’t matter... just if you have a big ground cool 

Trophies, past success and revenue tends to lead to more fans and therefore bigger grounds. Hence why Man Utd have a 76,000 seater and Northampton only has 7,000. I'm not saying it's all that matters but generally it is a good indicator. There are of course outliers like Queens park (Scottish one) and West Ham though.

Just now, peach0000 said:

Trophies, past success and revenue tends to lead to more fans and therefore bigger grounds. Hence why Man Utd have a 76,000 seater and Northampton only has 7,000. I'm not saying it's all that matters but generally it is a good indicator. There are of course outliers like Queens park (Scottish one) and West Ham though.

It doesn’t matter, chelsea have barely 40,000 and been that way for years and won a lot... it means jack if you win **** all though 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

It doesn’t matter, chelsea have barely 40,000 and been that way for years and won a lot... it means jack if you win **** all though 

Chelsea have been trying to move to a bigger ground for a while. I'm not saying the ground size defines the size of a club just that it can be a useful indicator to use when trying to look at club sizes. Of course other things come into account as well.

Some Leicester fans are really starting to sound like the forest fans of old. A few years of success and all of a sudden we're bigger than Leeds, Newcastle and Sunderland. It's just not true we are at a crossroads. We could kick on and establish ourselves as a club of that size or we could quite easily with a couple of bad seasons slip back into mediocrity and the last few seasons will be a mere footnote of history (like forest or Ipswich).

• Like 3

Just now, peach0000 said:

Chelsea have been trying to move to a bigger ground for a while. I'm not saying the ground size defines the size of a club just that it can be a useful indicator to use when trying to look at club sizes. Of course other things come into account as well.

Some Leicester fans are really starting to sound like the forest fans of old. A few years of success and all of a sudden we're bigger than Leeds, Newcastle and Sunderland. It's just not true we are at a crossroads. We could kick on and establish ourselves as a club of that size or we could quite easily with a couple of bad seasons slip back into mediocrity and the last few seasons will be a mere footnote of history (like forest or Ipswich).

We could debate this all night and I haven’t got the time so basically the ground means nothing and what you win and the squad you put together means everything... that is my view. 

10 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Our u23s recently beat Sunderland, they're haemorrhaging players, no one wants to play for them. For me the size of the club is how attractive it is to players/managers, in that respect we are definitely bigger than them currently.

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We could debate this all night and I haven’t got the time so basically the ground means nothing and what you win and the squad you put together means everything... that is my view. 

We can definitely just agree to disagree on this one. Club size is so subjective we would debate it for days and we still wouldn't agree lol

Just now, honeybradger said:

Our u23s recently beat Sunderland, they're haemorrhaging players, no one wants to play for them. For me the size of the club is how attractive it is to players/managers, in that respect we are definitely bigger than them currently.

Again it really just depends how we are defining a size of a club. Historically Sunderland have been more successful with a bigger fan base but recently and right now there's no doubt that we have been and are better and more successful in almost every. I'm not really how I view our size in relation to Sunderland its a really tricky one to be honest.

18 minutes ago, murphy said:

Clubs have periods of success and failure.  

It doesn't feel like it right now, but we are in a period of great success by our own standards.  We have grown as a club but these things take time, it doesn't happen overnight.  

In forty years of supporting Leicester, we have always been a Southampton or Norwich sized club.   Leeds are bigger, Sunderland are bigger, it doesn't matter how crap they are right now, this has been established over decades.  

In essence, @peach0000 is right.

Yep I couldn’t have worded what he said better myself, I would love to say we are bigger than those clubs but it’s simply not true 

Guest An Sionnach

He is good and would be a major asset , if we are really ambitious we should be looking at players like him , but that means big money, are we in that market?

Interesting comparison with Sunderland who have only won one major trophy (FACup 1973) since WWII. Whereas LCFC have 3 League Cups and 1 Premier League. 

In modern times (ie Premier League) Sunderland sit in 16th place in the all time table. LCFC are currently 14th.

I don't think having a stadium with more seats makes Sunderland  'bigger' club. 

• Like 2