Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Said Benrahma

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I understand what you're saying but as a club they've been in the playoffs 9 times and failed every single time. Seems to be something around the club as a whole rather than this set of players though. Everytime they had the chance to go above WBA they didn't take it and let it slip. I always call Everton bottlers, because for years they concede stupid goals against Liverpool at Anfield and never go there thinking they can win, they're defeated before they've even kicked a ball.

Brentford have still been a class team, it's a shame that 3 or 4 of that starting 11 will now be sold and they'll have to go again, but at least they'll great huge profit from every player sold.

Just touching on this again, I remember growing up in the 80s/90s, as a Leicester fan there was a big stigma around us playing at Wembley.

We had never won there and lost our first 6 visits. We eventually beat Derby then Palace and Tranmere. 

11 hours ago, chapero82 said:

Have we even been linked to him? 

Along with the usual suspects. Of course I believe everything I read on the internet.:ph34r:

3 hours ago, Strokes said:

Just touching on this again, I remember growing up in the 80s/90s, as a Leicester fan there was a big stigma around us playing at Wembley.

We had never won there and lost our first 6 visits. We eventually beat Derby then Palace and Tranmere. 

Hopefully we can turn our FA Cup Quarter final defeat run around lol

I've been going to games for 14 years, supporting us for 17 (03/04 was the first season I remember as a kid), and I've only ever seen us at Wembley once (Community Shield):(

38 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Hopefully we can turn our FA Cup Quarter final defeat run around lol

I've been going to games for 14 years, supporting us for 17 (03/04 was the first season I remember as a kid), and I've only ever seen us at Wembley once (Community Shield):(

****ing hell, I’m surprised you survived your first few seasons, those were the most depressing and turgid times ever 😂 

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

****ing hell, I’m surprised you survived your first few seasons, those were the most depressing and turgid times ever 😂 

My first memory of us is watching SSN on freeview (I think), being 3-0 up at half time at Wolves, having to go out with my nana but feeling happy knowing we'd secured a vital win which might keep us up.

As you can imagine I was in for a shock and was upset when me and my nana watched MOTD later on that eveninglol

Aston Villa now looking at Benrahma and Watkins, I think they could actually get Watkins tbh.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

My first memory of us is watching SSN on freeview (I think), being 3-0 up at half time at Wolves, having to go out with my nana but feeling happy knowing we'd secured a vital win which might keep us up.

As you can imagine I was in for a shock and was upset when me and my nana watched MOTD later on that eveninglol

Aston Villa now looking at Benrahma and Watkins, I think they could actually get Watkins tbh.

lol

Yes I remember that game unfortunately. :doh:

Guest An Sionnach
7 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

Benrahma, not good enough for the Prem.

Plenty of informed observers would disagree with that. If we don't get him , we can expect him to be causing us trouble playing for another prem. team next season.

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Plenty of informed observers would disagree with that. If we don't get him , we can expect him to be causing us trouble playing for another prem. team next season.

True but how many gash players end up turning up against us. 

Looks like he's got really good feet and can move past players with ease. Seems to lack a bit of composure though. Seems to get into a lot of good positions then hit a rubbish shot or cross. Can't say I have been particularly blown away watching him.

• Like 1

You think that is bad.  I was on my travels in Laos in a bar with a load of travelling mates, well happy at half time, only to watch that abject capitulation and be laughed at for days...

• Like 1

My best mate at the time was a Wolves fan. I spent the first half texting him and winding him up. Couldn't believe my luck. Then the sky fell down. I got my just desserts. Couldn't believe my luck.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bert said:

Seems to be versatile and knows where the net Is. 

Bit out of date?  Judging by the clubs above us, the preferred scouting profile now is:

Seems to be versatile and knows where the ref Is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NasPb said:

YOU CAN TELL HE PURPOSELY BLEW THE FINAL TO SIGN WITH US. TOP LAD

Apparently he blew most games playing against good opposition.

Many people have said this.

The guy just doesn't excite me 

Brentford allegedly looking for £25m+ for both Benrahma and Watkins - some reports say Watkins has the release clause, some reports contrary to that (Sky so could be worth taking with a pinch of salt). They have targets in mind to replace them should they need to. I could see us going for one of them maybe, not necessarily both! 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12043063/brentford-value-said-benrahma-and-ollie-watkins-at-more-than-25m-each

Guest An Sionnach

Benrahma would give us a proper winger who can beat his man with skill rather than shear pace , Marc Albrighton can rarely do that these days and with the Mahrez saga we have lost that weapon. He could also make a useful contribution in scoring terms. Ricci provides that ability on the right so with Said on the left we could have much more balance out wide.

8 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Spurs the latest to be linked with him in tomorrow’s gossip columns. Brentford must be rubbing their hands with the interest in him. 

Rather have Watkins if i was having anyone from Brentford, maybe i`ve just caught him on some off days but he`s been distinctly average when i`ve seen him.

He`s a poor mans Mahrez with less than half the quality.

• Like 1