Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Said Benrahma

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

He is 25 at the start of next season and has 17 goals 9 assists in 43 appearances. Last year barnes had 9 goals 6 assists in 26 appearances in the championship. When mahrez was benrahma's age he had 17 goals 11 assists in the PL and was PFA player of the year. Dont get me wrong benrahma is a good winger but he's not the player to take a team who is aspiring to break into the top 6 to the next level, and with him and potentially barnes on the other wing we're going to need 10+ quality chances a game to score as neither of them can finish. 

For me he would do well to perform at a midtable club before he makes it at a club with our aspirations, there's a massive difference between being quality for a top 3 championship club and a top 8 PL club.

When it comes to money we are a midtable club with Top 4 aspirations. We have to aspire to catch players a step or two before they hit the top.

Then sell them on for profit. That's why we've just spent 100 mil on state of the art player development as well as new additions to our player recruitment staff.

We have to do it better than the rest. Players like Benrahma and Maddison etc. are a necessary part of the pipeline to the success of the club as a whole.

Especially when your competing with clubs throwing 50mil+ at players like its candy.  Risk is inevitable for what this club is trying to achieve.

Edited by SO1

Guest An Sionnach
7 hours ago, honeybradger said:

He is 25 at the start of next season and has 17 goals 9 assists in 43 appearances. Last year barnes had 9 goals 6 assists in 26 appearances in the championship. When mahrez was benrahma's age he had 17 goals 11 assists in the PL and was PFA player of the year. Dont get me wrong benrahma is a good winger but he's not the player to take a team who is aspiring to break into the top 6 to the next level, and with him and potentially barnes on the other wing we're going to need 10+ quality chances a game to score as neither of them can finish. 

For me he would do well to perform at a midtable club before he makes it at a club with our aspirations, there's a massive difference between being quality for a top 3 championship club and a top 8 PL club.

I think he would definitely improve us. He would be a replacement for Albrighton and not an alternative for Barnes , who is more of a central striker. All the the evidence is he is a good team player and not potential trouble like Slimani and Mahrez. He is a tough, positive and skilful winger . We should never compare him to Mahrez , they are very different players, but he has the penetration that Marc no longer has . If Chilwell leaves ,we need a dynamic player on the left hand side.

10 hours ago, honeybradger said:

At 25 wasn't Vardy in non-league?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Walkers said:

At 25 wasn't Vardy in non-league?

Vardy was a lot further back in his development though, Vardy's natural ability is very high but he was unexperienced at 25 so he still had a lot of room to improve. Benrahma has 7000 minutes in the second highest division, obiviously he's still learning but i dont see him making a vardy like improvement over the next few years into a world class winger. Im not opposed to his signing but i dont see him being this massive revelation when barnes was more impressive in his stint at west brom than benrahma has been this season at brentford.

19 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

Our fans have spoken they don’t want another Algerian because of the fan boys. Great logic maestro ever thought about quitting your day job to be a premier league manager? I think we are missing wisdom like yours 😂

A lot of grown up Algerians like me still follow LCFC and root for them regardless of what's going on between  kids on social media. And to be honest, I for one don't wish for another Algerian to join the club, so this support can continue. Weird logic but this is how it is.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I appreciate this is a tense game and probably doesn't showcase players at their best, but I haven't seen anyone as yet who would improve our team.

And that’s the point isn’t it, regarding buying from the championship. Every game in the prem is tense and the quality goes up a notch. Not sure he’d be half as good in the prem. there is a lot to be said for players ‘finding their level’

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

And that’s the point isn’t it, regarding buying from the championship. Every game in the prem is tense and the quality goes up a notch. Not sure he’d be half as good in the prem. there is a lot to be said for players ‘finding their level’

Ive said it on here before but i was more impressed when i saw barnes in the championship than when ive watched this guy. He's premier league quality no doubt about it but not sure we should be in for him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

he aint no riyad mahrez but he's probably looked there best player

that Cabano for Fulham looks decent as well

There’s plenty of pressure games that mahrez looked average in as well.  You can’t compare a play off final to playing villa away. It’s completely different