Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Said Benrahma

14 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Probably gonna get some stick for this as I know his stats are silly. However I honestly don’t get the hype for him. I’ve watched 3/4 Brentford games since the restart & I honestly think he’s massively over hyped.

Goes hiding way to long in games & I honestly think he would struggle in the premier league. Eze would be the player I would go for from the championship.

He was sublime after the restart up until the last 2 games of the season and then the playoffs. Question marks over him failing to turn up when the pressure is on IMO. But on his day he is sensational.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

He was sublime after the restart up until the last 2 games of the season and then the playoffs. Question marks over him failing to turn up when the pressure is on IMO. But on his day he is sensational.

Personally not sold, especially when you could probably get Cantwell or someone abroad like Bailey for the same price.

Personally wouldn't be top of my list, we quite clearly need a right sided winger first and foremost before we think about spending 20—25 on Benrahma.

But having seen Benrahma probably 30 times in the last two years, and about half of them in person, I wouldn't be knocking him as a player and this season he has been sensational having not had a pre season either. Not saying he will go match Mahrez, but he's every bit as good as Mahrez was at that level. 

11 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Does a few tricks and has an expensive haircut but doesn't have any balls and can't think clearly when it matters. He'd fit right in here with Brendan at the wheel.

Cheer up mate!

• Haha 4

Benrahma will probably go for around 20mil+- like Jerrod Bowen did. And he's not as prolific a goal scorer like Bowen so it could be even less. Think he has tools and mentality that other players don't. We really need players in the squad who can push our so called starters. I remember a period where squad competition between Praet/Youri was keeping Tielemans out of the starting 11.  Think Benrahma could be that guy and give some of our players a run for their money.  Make the squad better as a whole. And who knows how good he could become as a result of that. Said is ready for the challenge.

53 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Lol one game everyone goes off him, fickle 

...that's not exactly what they are saying to be honest!!!

This is not, for some, the first time that they have watched him live and have come away unimpressed.

There are numerous posters who have advocated signing the Brentford front three, with the talent they have, they should have walked this league.

They have folded as much as us in the run in and that either goes to their players character, or poor management.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that's not exactly what they are saying to be honest!!!

This is not, for some, the first time that they have watched him live and have come away unimpressed.

There are numerous posters who have advocated signing the Brentford front three, with the talent they have, they should have walked this league.

They have folded as much as us in the run in and that either goes to their players character, or poor management.

Damn that's harsh. Didn't they go on something like 6 or 7 unbeaten in the past month or so. Beat all top championship clubs and came to within a breath of getting automatic qualification. Using us as a comparison is just wrong. We fell to pieces.

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

Assuming tonight was an off night for Benrahma, that he's genuine quality, that we're actually interested, and that we go ahead and sign him...

Could he slot in on the left and Barnes move over to the right? Barnes' hit and hope style might suit him better on the right where he can at least hit the ball across the keeper with his stronger right foot, and whip in better first-time balls in across the deck.

Perez would then provide competition for Madders as a creative central midfielder and for Vardy as a false 9.

If Perez is the best competition for either of those two then quite frankly we're down to the wire. 

28 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Bottle jobs is the new buzzword for the thick fans of this world. It’s like a few failures to turn up and compete, defines the rest of your career in the mind of these simpletons.

Leicester bottled promotion in 13, won the title in 14.

Leeds bottled promotion last season, won the title this season. There are plenty of examples when failure has been followed by success, it’s hardly bottling it, either West Brom, Leeds or Brentford had to miss out on automatic promotion and all of them would have faced the same accusations.

I understand what you're saying but as a club they've been in the playoffs 9 times and failed every single time. Seems to be something around the club as a whole rather than this set of players though. Everytime they had the chance to go above WBA they didn't take it and let it slip. I always call Everton bottlers, because for years they concede stupid goals against Liverpool at Anfield and never go there thinking they can win, they're defeated before they've even kicked a ball.

Brentford have still been a class team, it's a shame that 3 or 4 of that starting 11 will now be sold and they'll have to go again, but at least they'll great huge profit from every player sold.

2 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Or both 👍

Both won’t happen. I wouldn’t be disappointed if we did sign Benrahma, I just think Watkins would be the better fit. 

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

Both won’t happen. I wouldn’t be disappointed if we did sign Benrahma, I just think Watkins would be the better fit. 

I’d like Watkins here, I said elsewhere sure he’s got a release clause that can be activated of about 14-18 million! 

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

I’d like Watkins here, I said elsewhere sure he’s got a release clause that can be activated of about 14-18 million! 

Seems to be versatile and knows where the net Is. 

• Like 1

Even if you've watched Said in 3 or 4 performances towards the end of the season, it's still pretty fickle.
So, let's compare him to our own left-sided right-footed winger who was prolific in the Championship last year:

In 2019/20:
Harvey Barnes (in all comps): Age = 22, Goals = 7, Assists = 8, Goal contributions per 90 = 0.63
Said Benrahma (in all comps, Playoffs not included): Age = 24, Goals = 17, Assists = 9, Goal contributions per 90 = 0.61

Harvey had one assist wrongly attributed to him. However, we can safely assume Said probably had similar.
Even with Harvey's pretty woeful finishing he has a higher GCp90 in a harder league.

Said also scored 4 penalty goals this season - an opportunity he would not get here as Vardy is the PK taker.
He is also a hot and cold player, in the 47 games he played this season, he contributed to goals in only 16 of these (not contributing in 31 appearances), often contributing multiple times in single matches, and in games were the win was already secured.

If Leicester want Said, he is probably a sound investment due to his age, and the club will not pay over the odds for him.
However we need other positions more and Said would also take playing time away from Barnes.

His YouTube highlights real looks quality though, so GERIMIN!

Edited by 1884FoxInTheBox
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I understand what you're saying but as a club they've been in the playoffs 9 times and failed every single time. Seems to be something around the club as a whole rather than this set of players though. Everytime they had the chance to go above WBA they didn't take it and let it slip. I always call Everton bottlers, because for years they concede stupid goals against Liverpool at Anfield and never go there thinking they can win, they're defeated before they've even kicked a ball.

Brentford have still been a class team, it's a shame that 3 or 4 of that starting 11 will now be sold and they'll have to go again, but at least they'll great huge profit from every player sold.

I’m not saying they haven’t failed, just that it doesn’t define the future.

• Like 1