Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Said Benrahma

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Worth it? Not sure if it's just Sky Sports standard conjecture... 

In a perfect world where we could sign someone for the right AND Benrahama, yeah sure. 

If we had Brooks, Benrahama, Barnes and Perez to choose from as wide options I'd consider that a really healthy squad going in to the new season. I don't think that's wildly unrealistic either, they're all players we could afford to have on our books and I think every team should strive to have two decent players in every position. 

Given what we're likely to spend this summer, though, and that we need a right winger and a centre back more than we need another option on the left, it's too much. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

In a perfect world where we could sign someone for the right AND Benrahama, yeah sure. 

If we had Brooks, Benrahama, Barnes and Perez to choose from as wide options I'd consider that a really healthy squad going in to the new season. I don't think that's wildly unrealistic either, they're all players we could afford to have on our books and I think every team should strive to have two decent players in every position. 

Given what we're likely to spend this summer, though, and that we need a right winger and a centre back more than we need another option on the left, it's too much. 

That's a great set of options, and, as you say, not so far out of reach for us. When the pandemic's over, and we've finally got rid of most the bomb squad, we could actually have something like that.

....for all the quality that Brentford hold with their front three...why have they failed to be promoted!!!

We have gazed enviously at a frontline that should have propelled them to the Premier League and they are still languishing in a league struggling to get out.

Are we overhyping Benrahma, Watkins and Mbuemo or have they been let down by the rest of their teammates. Is there a mental aspect to this and are the trio flawed, in an inability to perform on the bit occasions, as we are a  top 6 team striving to compete within the top 4, and every game demands that you are mentally ready, as soon as that whistle is blown.

Not many teams are knocking at the door for Benrahma and they probably see he is not someone you can rely on in the heat of the battle and for all his skills he does not affect the game as he should.

We appear to lack the finance for this window and their are good players at reasonable prices we could be looking to pick up. Benrahma would be a good acquisition for squad depth at £22m but we cannot waste any money until we address the Right Winger we so desperately require and the Centre Back that we need.

On 13/09/2020 at 12:35, Ric Flair said:

Who on earth would want to play for Palace though? Abysmal tin pot club

I thought this. They play the worst football in the league, so a technically gifted player joining them is just a total waste. People slate Burnley for their style and rightly so but Palace are even worse. They need relegating and the owl needs packing off to a retirement home! 

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I thought this. They play the worst football in the league, so a technically gifted player joining them is just a total waste. People slate Burnley for their style and rightly so but Palace are even worse. They need relegating and the owl needs packing off to a retirement home! 

Im sure a front 4 of batshayi-benrahma-eze-zaha could end up playing some decent football

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....for all the quality that Brentford hold with their front three...why have they failed to be promoted!!!

We have gazed enviously at a frontline that should have propelled them to the Premier League and they are still languishing in a league struggling to get out.

Are we overhyping Benrahma, Watkins and Mbuemo or have they been let down by the rest of their teammates. Is there a mental aspect to this and are the trio flawed, in an inability to perform on the bit occasions, as we are a  top 6 team striving to compete within the top 4, and every game demands that you are mentally ready, as soon as that whistle is blown.

Not many teams are knocking at the door for Benrahma and they probably see he is not someone you can rely on in the heat of the battle and for all his skills he does not affect the game as he should.

We appear to lack the finance for this window and their are good players at reasonable prices we could be looking to pick up. Benrahma would be a good acquisition for squad depth at £22m but we cannot waste any money until we address the Right Winger we so desperately require and the Centre Back that we need.

I think either Benrahma or Mbuemo would be good buys for us after a CH is bought. both would add to the team not just the squad. Mbuemo looks to have the physical presence that would suit the premier League and is no slouch either

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I watched two of the ‘best’ youngsters From the championship last season play against us on Sunday and wasn’t impressed .... how do we know that Benrahma can make the step up ??

How did we know Maddison could make the step up?

Nay, how did we know Vardy could make the step up?

We have one of the best scouting departments in football. If they were indeed interested in Benrahma it would be based on years of data, research and first hand viewings

• Like 2

• 1 month later...