Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Said Benrahma

Guest An Sionnach
2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Potentially another Taraabt.... It's one thing doing it in the championship, something else entirely in the PL.

People could have said that about the entire Sheff. Utd. team. He is not a poor man's Mahrez and it really is time to get over the man. We need penetration on the left hand side and unless we want to spend a huge amount of money on a current top tier player , he will give us that.

Edited by An Sionnach

12 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

We already have too many soft players.

Maddison and Perez the only 'soft' players i can think of? 

What would you rather, a winger that will crunch a wing back or a winger that will create chances to score?

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Potentially another Taraabt.... It's one thing doing it in the championship, something else entirely in the PL.

From what i remember, Taraabt did it pretty well in the prem for a shocking QPR side.

Guest An Sionnach
58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And you don't think Barnes can do that for us from the left? The right wing is far more of a priority. Barnes had only a half decent season by his potential and yet still provided 15 goal contributions. There's much more to come from him. We need an elite left footed right winger and then if we can look at competition on the left.

I see Barnes as a Vardy type striker really , he is more effective centrally. Having said that attackers can't be too rigid and need to move about and interchange. Vardy has struck up a partnership with Barnes which sees them doing that often. Benrahma appears to have a useful right foot to me so he could drift across at times.

Edited by An Sionnach

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

And you don't think Barnes can do that for us from the left? The right wing is far more of a priority. Barnes had only a half decent season by his potential and yet still provided 15 goal contributions. There's much more to come from him. We need an elite left footed right winger and then if we can look at competition on the left.

A decent PL level one, would be a start.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

I see Barnes as a Vardy type striker really , he is more effective centrally. Having said that attackers can't be too rigid and need to move about and interchange. Vardy has struck up a partnership with Barnes which sees them doing that often. Benrahma appears to have a useful right foot to me so he could drift across at times.

I love the style of Benrahma, wingers come in various different styles but its his creative side that is what we would benefit from. I just don't know where he fits in. We need someone to dictate play in the final 3rd though and if we go for him then I'll be happy to see what he can do for us.

I genuinely believe many of our fans are over hyping the gap between the prem and the championship. Theres honestly not that much of a difference between the bottom half teams and the top championship teams. 

Im certain he would be a good signing for us. We need more creative options and this guy screams it. Unfortunately I cant see it happening. 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I genuinely believe many of our fans are over hyping the gap between the prem and the championship. Theres honestly not that much of a difference between the bottom half teams and the top championship teams. 

Im certain he would be a good signing for us. We need more creative options and this guy screams it. Unfortunately I cant see it happening. 

Are you shopping on behalf of some other Premier League team?  :D

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

But there lies the problem. We are not a bottom half Premier League club and aspire to be higher than our present status.

Edited by MGLCFC

Just now, Lambert09 said:

Think every team in the bottom half of the prem would walk the championship, newcastle, west ham, crystal palace despite being seen as not great have more quality in them than the likes of leeds and west brom. Only team that was better off playing in the prem than the championship is sheffield united cos their forwards arent great so they benefited off the space behind.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Are you shopping on behalf of some other Premier League team?  :D

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

But there lies the problem. We are not a bottom half Premier League club and aspire to be higher than our present status.

What I mean, is that if he can score against top championship teams he can do it against at least half the clubs in this league. 

Look at Maupay as an example, he made the step up pretty well. He's nowhere near on SB's level. 

• Like 1

On 05/08/2020 at 14:25, Blanchflower78 said:

Can see both players at Villa in fairness.  Smith appears very keen and given Villas struggles will no doubt pay whatever they 

On 05/08/2020 at 14:25, Blanchflower78 said:

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Villa will likely need to sell Grealish or someone worth a few quid. They spent so much last summer.

Cant see them selling graelish or him leaving. Too expensive and i dont think being second string at united is attractive enough to make him force his way out of his boyhood club. I can still see Villa signing a winger and a striker though.

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Cant see them selling graelish or him leaving. Too expensive and i dont think being second string at united is attractive enough to make him force his way out of his boyhood club. I can still see Villa signing a winger and a striker though.

They have spent so much already though, which teams do in the first season or so but then you need to make a profit on a few or stop spending and thats a danger for Villa. I suppose they know they've minimum £60m on Grealish if they get in trouble next season.