Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trumpet

Andy King to leave at the end of the season

On 10/08/2020 at 21:03, foxinsocks said:

I think it was in our title winning season I was in my seat and a chap just down from me came in. "Seen the team ?" He said. "Yes" I replied. "Andy king... why oh why is king starting ?"

5 mins in and king scores a great goal for 1 nil. The guy shouts to me and says "what were you saying about king?"

I replied... "I fuucking love Andy king I do!"

I used to hear conversations like this about Lloyd Dyer every week. Richie Wellens got it alot. Drinkwater until the championship title winning season. Youd think people would learn.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I used to hear conversations like this about Lloyd Dyer every week. Richie Wellens got it alot. Drinkwater until the championship title winning season. Youd think people would learn.

You want proof people don't learn? Just look at any thread in any forum, look at the papers people buy and ingest.

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

you misunderstand - as fans we have opinions... mine was that king was past his best - and in fact his starts showed that I want not alone.  What is brilliant is the ability of a player like king to have the quality to do something brill to make me look stupid.... and good for him too.  Of course if he had started every week he would not have reproduced this.... or would he???? (...see I have learned not to underestimate the impact that Andy king could make)

Edited by foxinsocks

7 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

you misunderstand - as fans we have opinions... mine was that king was past his best - and in fact his starts showed that I want not alone.  What is brilliant is the ability of a player like king to have the quality to do something brill to make me look stupid.... and good for him too.  Of course if he had started every week he would not have reproduced this.... or would he???? (...see I have learned not to underestimate the impact that Andy king could make)

I just mean the constant scapegoating. Andy King become one for alot of our fans. I used to have a bunch of dimwits near me who'd berate Lloyd Dyer non stop even in the championship title win. Who can forget the shit Vardy took?

One shout I'll aways remember is at Peterborough away when Vardy come on and the bloke in front just yelled "admit you got it wrong Pearson, he's a non league player!" 

• Like 1

Was my favourite ever Leicester player for years, he's only been surpassed by the immortals in the league winning team. A professional, always gave his all, loved this club almost as much as us at times, scored some memorable goals and was a big part of the squad during the dark days, he practically was the key player in the Championship for 3 or 4 years. Most of all though, a genuinely nice guy and I wish him all the best in the next move of career, I hope he gets a testimony one day in front of a packed stadium.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 3

Still one of my favourite ever players. Izzett gets a lot of praise for his contribution, Kingy has contributed more in my opinion. 

Watch his goal real and the amount of times he has scored in such important moments with some absolute quality goals. League 1, goals to get us in the playoffs, goals during the Great escape, goals in the title winning season. Still don't understand why we just swept him aside. 

The best scoring midfielder we've had for a long time and is still to be beaten in that respect (via Mahrez). 

• Like 1

King apparently could still be around the club at pre-season as we help him maintain his fitness while he finds a new club.

I know, on the face of it, it's the least the club could do, but they didn't have to, and I'm sure it wouldn't happen at several other clubs. Just another example of how well we're run, in my opinion.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

King apparently could still be around the club at pre-season as we help him maintain his fitness while he finds a new club.

I know, on the face of it, it's the least the club could do, but they didn't have to, and I'm sure it wouldn't happen at several other clubs. Just another example of how well we're run, in my opinion.

We did a similar thing with Danny Simpson last year, the fitness coaches were helping him stay in shape for if he was called for a trial game 

• Like 2

On 14/08/2020 at 08:02, Foxhateram said:

Still one of my favourite ever players. Izzett gets a lot of praise for his contribution, Kingy has contributed more in my opinion. 

Watch his goal real and the amount of times he has scored in such important moments with some absolute quality goals. League 1, goals to get us in the playoffs, goals during the Great escape, goals in the title winning season. Still don't understand why we just swept him aside. 

The best scoring midfielder we've had for a long time and is still to be beaten in that respect (via Mahrez). 

Unfair comparisons imo. Izzet's influence was massive in his later years especially, even Adams said we were "ordinary" without him when we went up. He got the most assists in the league 03/04 and we got relegated.

That's on top of Izzet's consistency in the top flight.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Unfair comparisons imo. Izzet's influence was massive in his later years especially, even Adams said we were "ordinary" without him when we went up. He got the most assists in the league 03/04 and we got relegated.

Agree with your sentiments but you could argue that without our top scorer in league 1 we'd be ordinary too. He was also vital in our championship seasons, particularly when we came up. 

He was an incredibly important part of the squad in our great escape season too. Scoring some important goals to keep us up. 

10 hours ago, Fox92 said:

King scored some huge goals for us and generally turned up in big games but, as you say, Izzet dragged the team with him at times.

Izzet was very comfortable in the top half of the Premier League.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

King scored some huge goals for us and generally turned up in big games but, as you say, Izzet dragged the team with him at times.

Izzet was very comfortable in the top half of the Premier League.

King never wanted out, at least not quite as publicly as Izzet, and that edges it for me. 

• Like 2

My Layed back thoughts on Andy King & the reason in my Sporting Heart he goes with my Blessing..

with also regrets we didnt use his Talents to the Full and our own managers still didnt see his potential...and coaching-group thoughts & the fans didnt do him justice,or give him the respect that at least up to this season where he should of automatically got a squad number...

1) vastly underrated. Even fans forgot where his better Play & Position could & should of been presented

2) because he was asked too often to Play either a deeper or Holding role.Not allowed it seemed to Play on the front foot....

3) In the title season you could See he was a Quality A.M,often like in earlier years he ghosts or roamed just behind the strikers.

4) which in turn,Surprise me so much when First Ranieri had him deeper & Holding in the following season & Harry if ever used him as a front foot player..

5) he was a thinking & Creative footballer,but neither Ranieri Nor Puel ,Plus Wales seen fit to use him in that role,

where that A.Midfielder with Drive was obviously missing..

6) his last 2-3 playing seasons I believe were mis-judged and mishandled,because he Couldnt find any form while forced to Play on the back foot.

7) he was Boxed incorrectly,and it stuck so Rodgers & Coaching staff missed that Experience & potential

8) We had a fighter,with spirit a Player with Not little talent,who knew how to drive forward into Space or opposition Penalty box,& Popped up unexpectantly.

9) He should & could of been our Utility player for This last season boosting our missing Drive & commitment, after January...I

10) We had alot of misfits, mishits, poor investments,but more annoyingly we had Not a Great Top notch Quality player in Andy King, but we had ignored a

Top notch talented player,with a balanced Level of quality,who could of finished a Glorious Ending to his Leicester career.....!!

He would of held up his side, but somehow somewhere 3 managers missed out filling out that missing space..!!!

Sometimes People tinker far too much with ideas, over-analyse situations & become blind to whats in Front of them....

King proved himself at all levels,it wasnt a fluke!!!  We failed to grasp the obvious..!!!

Please dont tell me he wasnt Good enough for that same title year service,strong Bench & Cover with 9-12 games at least.

The mental discipline,in the field After our injuries would of been well sourced..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Kingy must be wanting a high wage or something odd to not have had any offers or accepted an offer

Clubs will wait as long as possible o sign free agents saves them paying wages.

• Like 2