Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Chelsea FA Cup Match Thread

Tielemans and Praet look great.

The press really had Chelsea on the back foot.

Ndidi‘s header At goal, passing And him stripping Kante made me very happy indeed.

Barnes first touch and two left foot spawned chances were poor but amazing ball to chilly outside of foot on 37 mins.

Praet - lovely stuff great ball in and passing is truly changing our creative failings.

Tielemans looking brilliant going forward and shot which was goal bound - looks happy, leash off and pleased to be playing with Praet and not so far back.

Save from schmeical on 30 mins - world class. Some of his distribution passing with his feet has been sublime (didn’t think I’d be writing that).

Justin odd time in trouble with no outlet under pressure but a key tackle in front of the box on 34 mins and some good work with Praet previous.

It does, despite the change in style of the game leave me thinking that despite JM not being on the pitch in terms of creativity- we are moving quicker and more direct. Do we need to reconsider Maddison’s position in the squad? Maybe he should be on the left instead of Barnes a bit? :o 

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

How does a 2 minute drinks break become 1 minute stoppage time?

Duckworth-Lewis method. Plus no time added for when Wilf asked for the sight-screen to be moved.

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The yellow for Soyuncu for a nothing challenge. Only for Zouma to do a clear pull stopping a 1 on 1 situation and not get booked 

I’m not certain there was contact!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The yellow for Soyuncu for a nothing challenge. Only for Zouma to do a clear pull stopping a 1 on 1 situation and not get booked 

That yellow for Cags was harsh but I think the over exaggerated fall and roll over 10 times form Pulisic didnt help. It was a foul but minimal contact. Pulisic did the same with Chilwell earlier as well.

If Gray had been as sloppy and wasteful as Barnes there he'd be getting slaughtered lol

Mad how he continues to get himself into brilliant positions and wastes it. If it ever finally clicks for him he'll be unbelievable

• Like 2

Just now, Goober said:

If Gray had been as sloppy and wasteful as Barnes there he'd be getting slaughtered lol

Mad how he continues to get himself into brilliant positions and wastes it. If it ever finally clicks for him he'll be unbelievable

Difference is Gray never gets himself into those positions

• Like 2

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

I’m not certain there was contact!

Just now, jayfox26 said:

That yellow for Cags was harsh but I think the over exaggerated fall and roll over 10 times form Pulisic didnt help. It was a foul but minimal contact. Pulisic did the same with Chilwell earlier as well.

If that deserved a booking Rudiger and zouma could easily be booked too. 

1 minute ago, Goober said:

I think he's had a rotten half that first one. So dangerous though. If he can finish it will be like from when Sterling went from average to top class

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goober said:

Grays been in the first team for 4 years and never improved. We're giving Barnes the benefit of the doubt for now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Hoddle resisted any comment on us until Schmeichel’s save 

Hoddle is just a Chelsea cheerleader, he sees everything solely from their perspective. I thought BT usually had two co-commentators to provide balance. The same old big club bias...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Well he doesn't really decide the added time? 

Of course he does. Even if he didnt he should no it's more than 1 minute considering we stood about having a drink for 2 minutes. 

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

Difference is Gray never gets himself into those positions

Valid point. Dunno what it is with Barnes but it has to be a matter of time before he starts taking the league by storm