Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Chelsea FA Cup Match Thread

Encouraged by that half. Finally back to setting the tempo with our pressing which feels like has been missing for ages and some decent fluidity to the play at times. 

Midfield 3 (ndidi monstrous) have been impressive. 

Need Vardy to up his game, he looks sorely lacking in sharpness. Even if not scoring he is much better in his hold up play and general contribution than this. 

Edited by martyn

Just now, adam said:

Of course he does. Even if he didnt he should no it's more than 1 minute considering we stood about having a drink for 2 minutes. 

Yeah that was odd, usually refs wait for the ball to hit a neutral area of the pitch, and of course as you said what about the drink break.

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

Hoddle is just a Chelsea cheerleader, he sees everything solely from their perspective. I thought BT usually had two co-commentators to provide balance. The same old big club bias...

Hoddle should be self-isolating on Mars tbf.   

• Like 1

Can I just ask, is there something schematic with what Rodgers wants where we deliberately do not quickly return passes?

What I mean is, say we are passing around the opponent's box, Praet passes to Justin on the right, then Justin tidily sends an immediate pass back to Praet. 

Remedial, I know, but BC we never do it, it means that defenses can overcommit to our attackers without fear of being caught out. To my thinking, it makes our players' lives more difficult. I was taught to do this as a youth to force defenders to give us more room and to partially neutralize teams adept at hunting in packs. 

We look so toothless with everything but the break right right now, I suppose I am wondering why we don't seem to use much deception. Is there a reason Rodgers' scheme doesn't really feature much deception? Even bringing a trailing attacker into the box when we are pressing the attack, Chelsea does it beautifully,m it is just a habitual option to offer for their players, we don't really feature that. 

Just odd to me. Especially since we are clueless with how to score unless we are on the break right now. 

Why are people having a pop at Barnes. He’s creating all of of our opportunities with his pace. Yes he’s rusty but the chances wouldn’t exist without him. 

Let’s get him sharp for the Everton game 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, adam said:

Of course he does. Even if he didnt he should no it's more than 1 minute considering we stood about having a drink for 2 minutes. 

I would have thought his watch does the deciding. Stopped the watch during stoppages? Surely its not just a number he plucks from thin air? 

Edited by hejammy