Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Everton (A) pre match

2 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

An FA cup win would have been a sentimental choice but the big prize is still on the table. Only by getting Champions League football can we hope to build towards challenging the top 6 consistently. Arguably losing to Chelsea, however disappointing, could provide us with a better opportunity to clinch a top 4 finish from here. Another game against Man U and then a final against Man City would not have helped our cause in the league. If we can somehow get a win at Everton then we are back in the box seat with 6 games to play and the quarter final defeat will be well and truly forgotten. Our recruitment in the summer will be very different if we've secured a Champions League spot. Only with more quality and greater squad depth can we progress from where we are now. Poor as our form has been since Christmas these remaining few games will likely be the best shot we are ever going to get. Just look at the way Chelsea, with all their current resources, are already retooling for next year. We have punched well above our weight this season and we are still in with a punchers chance in the final round. Come on Brendan and the lads, pick yourselves off the canvas and give it everything you've got! 

You're far to sensible and objective for this thread

I don’t want to watch the game. I’ve noticed I’m really stressed on Leicester game days and just don’t enjoy watching the games because I just don’t want to watch a crap performance. Forget the result, these performances irk me. Ok, go down but go down fighting for **** sake. 

I will watch it and I will be stressed because I support this stupid ****ing club (I’m allowed to say that as are all of you) and I will continue to watch them. However, my enjoyment for watching them is as low as in Ranieri’s last few months as a recent example. It hurts.

Other then that, I hope Praet starts. He looked good and composed for us. 

• Like 3

Kasper 

Justin

Chilwell

Evans

Soyuncu

Ndidi

Praet

Tielemans

Gray 

Vardy 

Perez 

We are in desperate need of a win and don’t have great depth to change too

much. I’d love to see us go 4-4-2 with Iheanacho partnering Vardy up front, a midfield 2 of Wilf and Praet, Perez and Gray out wide. But that’s unlikely to happen for me. Another unlikely scenario I’d like to see is 3 at the back looking like 

Kasper

Bennett Evans Soyuncu 

Justin Chilwell

Tielemans Wilf Praet

Vardy Iheanacho. 

That way, Chilwell and Justin won’t have to focus that much on defending and will provide width. 

Barnes has been absolutely terrible, Gray has been better. Something needs to change or we need a goal that goes in off someone’s arse. 

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Wondering whether we try a diamond midfield if Maddison is fit, given that our wingers are all so out of form and Everton play 442. Wilf holding, Praet and Youri as number 8s and Maddison as a 10 behind Vardy and Nacho?

For this game in particular I think its a great choice and exactly how Id start up.

Depending how things go we can stretch the game out in the 2nd half with Gray and Barnes pace.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Kasper

Soyuncu Evans Fuchs

Albrighton Ndidi Choudhury Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy Iheanacho

Great Escape esque.

..Vardy and Nacho does not work!!!

Perez upfront with Vardy or Nacho. Praet deserves a run in the team, he just needs playing time or why did we bother to sign him.

Tielemanns is going to become an issue and by Christmas could be in the situation he had with Monaco. What ever it is, it's all in his head and he needs to sort it out, otherwise he will continue to yo yo through the rest of his career.

I'd go 3-5-2. 

Kasper

Morgan

Evans

Soyuncu

Albrighton 

Tielemans

N'didi 

Maddison

Chilwell

Vardy

Nacho

I'm not really a fan of Justin right now, he doesn't have a great first touch, loses the ball a bit too much and seems short of ideas. Vardy needs more help and playing nacho with him will help him as they tend to link quite well. 

Kasper

Justin - Soyuncu - Evans - Fuchs

Ndidi

Tielemans - Praet

Gray - Vardy - Barnes

Start strong and attack from the off.

Gotta be assertive and take initiative of the match. Can't be slow and laboured as that will suit Everton too much to take control over us. 

Hopefully Maddison is back for the weekend game but our lack of depth in the squad really hits us at times like this with games every 3-4 days.

Just try something new it can’t get any worse! 

Kasper 

Justin

Evans 

Soyuncu

Chillwell 

Ndidi

Praet

Tielemans 

Perez 

Vardy 

Kelechi

Bring back the diamond that worked so well at Villa. Our full backs are athletic enough to provide the width, our wingers just aren’t good enough. 

Edited by Ross 'LCFC' Turner
  • Like 1

For goodness sake Brendan, please shake it up and try something else. Every man and his dog know how we are going to set up and play. Just do something else!!! I would actually play our captain for a game and see if he can inspire a bit. Go 3-5-2 but use Albrighton and be more direct from wide areas and get bloomin bodies in the box. I would rest a few who have played so far. 

Kasper

Bennett   Morgan  Soyuncu 

Albrighton     Ndidi         Chilwell 

Praet   Tielemans 

Iheanacho   Vardy

Subs: The rest

They seem, and have been for a good while (despite their player investment fees over the years), to be a topsy-turvy side - who have decent players but are too inconsistent and you don't know what you'll get with them (even with Ancelotti in charge).

Think this is a critical gane, now, and therefore should strongly go for it.

4-3-1-2 (Maddison or Perez in the 1 position behind Vardy and Iheanacho).

Think Albrighton should be given the nod ahead of Barnes out wide, due to his superior experience in playing in 'key' games.

If we're drawing/losing at half-time, sub him and put Barnes or Gray on.

Edited by Wymsey

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

They seem, and have been for a good while (despite their player investment fees over the years), to be a topsy-turvy side - who have decent players but are too inconsistent and you don't know what you'll get with them (even with Ancelotti in charge).

Think this is a critical gane, now, and therefore should strongly go for it.

4-3-1-2 (Maddison or Perez in the 1 position).

Think Albrighton should be given the nod ahead of Barnes out wide, due to his superior experience in playing in 'key' games.

Not sure how well either Maddison or Perez would do in goal if I’m perfectly honest.