Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Everton (A) pre match

Think we need to try something different just not sure what that is.. Not sure about 3 at the back or a diamond

With Maddison likely out I’d be tempted to go with a 4-2-3-1, and a front 6 of:

Ndidi  -  Tielemans 

Gray  -  Perez  -  Barnes 

Vardy

or give Vards a rest and keep to the 4-3-3/ 4-1-4-1 think Iheanacho provides better link up.

Praet  -  Ndidi  -  Tielemans 

Perez  -  Iheanacho  -  Barnes 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Will our next few games go ahead with new lockdown rules for the city? Unless it's essential travel, no-one allowed in or out of the city - do football games count as essential?

Of course it will Stan. 

Players and staff are in bubbles and constantly tested.

Only 'outsiders' are match officials and TV camera crews.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, giogiodcr said:
I believe that with Everton it will be difficult despite Chelsea, we have shown signs of recovery both physically and offensively.
The commitment of ours was undoubtedly to the maximum but only with Vardy who is 50% forward we will never score!
the boys, Barnes, Perez, Gray and also the old albrighton, commit themselves but they are not Marhez ...!
So we have to find other modules and relaunch Gray and Ihenacho, resting Vardy, who could enter the current game and take advantage of the diminished rhythm.
Perez, then, I see him better behind the central striker.
We hope to do it. At least a point to hope ...
So I would play with 4-3-2-1: Usual defense; Praet, Ndindi, Tielemans in midfield; Gray and Maddison 3/4 and Ihenacho central striker.
Sorry my English, but I'm your Italian fan and I use the google translator!

Your English is better than my Italian!

:welcome:

• Like 1

On 28/06/2020 at 18:02, Fox92 said:

I'd take a point, considering we've got Palace H after, but I can't see us winning at Goodsion. They seem much better since Ancelotti arrived and in defence too.

1-0 Everton.

I wouldnt, a point is as good as a defeat now, we need wins.

Considering kel didn’t make a show on Sunday, I can see him starting here with vards on the bench. 

would think that we could set up 

same back five

Wilf

tielemans.    Praet.    Gray/Barnes
                     Perez

Kel 

although that’s v attacking and maybe brendan might play mendy and wilf again  in a narrow 4-2-2-1-1 with the full backs again encouraged to get forward and Gray/Barnes missing from that line up. 

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Considering kel didn’t make a show on Sunday, I can see him starting here with vards on the bench. 

same back five

Wilf

Perez

Kel 

although that’s v attacking and maybe brendan might play mendy and wilf again  in a narrow 4-2-2-1-1 with the full backs again encouraged to get forward and Gray/Barnes missing from that line up. 

I do like that lineup assuming madders is still out. 

48 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

same back five

Wilf

Perez

Kel 

I like that line-up as well, I wonder if Albrighton would be better selected in that position than Gray/Barnes? 

I'm just not sure the team would have enough time to train for it. Wasn't it the West Ham game earlier in the year where the team trained for about 2 weeks for the change in system and personnel?

12 hours ago, giogiodcr said:
I believe that with Everton it will be difficult despite Chelsea, we have shown signs of recovery both physically and offensively.
The commitment of ours was undoubtedly to the maximum but only with Vardy who is 50% forward we will never score!
the boys, Barnes, Perez, Gray and also the old albrighton, commit themselves but they are not Marhez ...!
So we have to find other modules and relaunch Gray and Ihenacho, resting Vardy, who could enter the current game and take advantage of the diminished rhythm.
Perez, then, I see him better behind the central striker.
We hope to do it. At least a point to hope ...
So I would play with 4-3-2-1: Usual defense; Praet, Ndindi, Tielemans in midfield; Gray and Maddison 3/4 and Ihenacho central striker.
Sorry my English, but I'm your Italian fan and I use the google translator!

Ciao Gio, da dove provieni in Italia? Sono concordo che sarebbe meglio se Vardy entra la partita dopo i giocatori di Everton Sono Gia stancati. Vediamo cosa fa Rodgers.

The frustration is the players dont look happy playing together. It's the most bizarre situation with a seemingly popular manager and sitting third in league still somehow! 

For months now they look lost, play is laboured, no spark, yet no-one appears to know why. Mini slumps appear but when in translates to over a third of the season you cant ignore it. 

I'm clearly not alone in receiving regular messages from mates scattered around the country saying they cant believe what's happened to us since December and why?

We will 3 1 we are due a good game! We are 3rd on merit. Take our chances and we will win. Defence is solid. 15 points will be enough. Going into the last game we need to make sure we are at least 1 point ahead of Chelsea and Wolves, and 3 points ahead of Man Utd and the job will be done. Come on lads, get the job done and back on track! Foxes never quit!

6 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

The frustration is the players dont look happy playing together. It's the most bizarre situation with a seemingly popular manager and sitting third in league still somehow! 

For months now they look lost, play is laboured, no spark, yet no-one appears to know why. Mini slumps appear but when in translates to over a third of the season you cant ignore it. 

I'm clearly not alone in receiving regular messages from mates scattered around the country saying they cant believe what's happened to us since December and why?

Yes Bizarre is the word, I've found it quite unbelievable  there's no other club in the Premier league quite like us, since getting back into it in 14/15 we regularly switch from from being brilliant and on the up to awful and on the decline. We started 14/15 really promising with some great results (Man U 5.3) then had more than half the season awful and rooted to the bottom. Another up and we save ourselves looking like one of the form teams in Europe only to find it wasn't a blip and we brilliantly win the league.

I don't think anyone thought we would be as good the next year but equally don't think many thought we would be as bad as to flirt with relegation.

This season at one stage the discussion was could we catch Liverpool then just before the Liverpool Man city games we switch to pretty much relegation form. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

We are still defending well , even Chilwell has made few crucial errors and Kasper is having some good matches so its not all bad. There is no obvious formation that is going to improve our goalscoring problem. Each of our  strikers has got to get their mindset right and be determined to convert chances and remember shots from distances often get deflections and cause defensive mistakes. We need to win matches ,style does not matter.