Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Everton (A) pre match

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Wondering whether we try a diamond midfield if Maddison is fit, given that our wingers are all so out of form and Everton play 442. Wilf holding, Praet and Youri as number 8s and Maddison as a 10 behind Vardy and Nacho?

We've got a diamond in midfield?

6 hours ago, FIF said:

Despite it looking like we couldn't score in a brothel, I have no doubts we'll win this match.

BR is going to shake the team up again:

Kasper

Justin

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi

Hamza

Praet

Maddison

Iheanacho

Vardy

Everton 2 Leicester 4 (FOUR!) Iheanacho 2 Vardy 2

And FT will be all love and laughter.

You're a mind reader FIF... I was just thinking that Hamza and Praet as the flanking midfielders might make the diamond work. Mind you, it would be a funny game to watch, as their 4-4-2 is geared towards the wings and a 4-3-1-2 is geared towards the midfield... We'd spend the whole game bypassing each other.

It's the Vardy conundrum again.

Our leading and best goalscorer that isn't scoring goals, does he play or not play?

As we've seen in these past 3 games, if he's not being used correctly with the proper service, then should he be taking a place on the pitch?

In the past I've learnt my lesson, e.g, during his difficult times under Ranieri and Puel, I've thought he should be dropped, but then he comes back with fire. It's not an easy decision to take.

He tried it at Brighton and the players couldn't adapt, so I I feel there's too much at stake, right now, to be trying radical new line-up's and formations, although with the 5 Subs rule, maybe it is? Somebody just needs to inform Brendan Rodgers about the temporary new 5 sub rule. 

For this, I'd stick with the same line up as Chelsea, the play looked much better than it did at Brighton and hopefully Praet can maintain energy for the full game. 

Team changes and updates should not be left too late. 

Edited by Danny Clender

Make or break for the season. We will simply have to be braver in our approach. I'd pick the same XI as yesterday if Maddison isn't fit. Hopefully he can make the bench at least. 

We can win. We were better yesterday and if we keep improving it'll only be a matter of time. 

Foxes never quit.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

He tried it at Brighton and the players couldn't adapt, so I I feel there's too much at stake, right now, to be trying radical new line-up's and formations, although with the 5 Subs rule, maybe it is? Somebody just needs to inform Brendan Rodgers about the temporary new 5 sub rule. 

I keep reading this. What 5 subs would you use to improve the side? Subs: Ward, Morgan, Bennett, Fuchs, Choudhury, Mendy, Gray, Albrighton, Iheanacho.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gazza M said:

For goodness sake Brendan, please shake it up and try something else. Every man and his dog know how we are going to set up and play. Just do something else!!! I would actually play our captain for a game and see if he can inspire a bit. Go 3-5-2 but use Albrighton and be more direct from wide areas and get bloomin bodies in the box. I would rest a few who have played so far. 

Kasper

Bennett   Morgan  Soyuncu 

Albrighton     Ndidi         Chilwell 

Praet   Tielemans 

Iheanacho   Vardy

Subs: The rest

..Hard to get an understanding when you have not played together!!!

For that reason I would sub Morgan for Evans effectively only the one change in the back line and play Perez with Vardy for support.

19 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Time to think positive, by the time Wolves play again we could be 9 points ahead with superior goal difference :D

It's a massive week.  We could still be 3rd, 6 clear of 5th or be 4th and ahead of 6th on goal difference only.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

If Maddison is fit, I wouldnt be against playing the diamond we did at Villa. 

We miss Ricardo don't we.

3-4-1-2 for me on Wednesday

Schmeichel

Soyuncu

Evans

Fuchs

Justin

Ndidi

Praet

Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy

Iheanacho

Subs: Barnes, Perez, Morgan, Bennett, Tielemans, Choudhury, Gray, Albrighton, Ward

We need to be fast and direct, forget this passing about at the back. Get the ball swiftly up pitch and win the 2nd balls and push them back. We need a 2 goal headstart and we'll smash through this period of negativity. Maddison needs to be camped in Everton's half, receiving the ball on the half turn and quickly getting Vardy and Iheanacho through the channels. After 55-60 mins get both Barnes and Perez on for Vardy or Iheanacho depending who is knackered and depending on the score Maddison can drop in for a central midfielder or take one of Chilwell or Fuchs off if we have to go more attacking. Barnes and Perez can maintain a similar presence in and around the attack with a high press and energy. Perez with space centrally to feed Barnes and the remaning striker ought to be positive too.

I know all this sounds easy but we have to try and effect a change and i'm convinced the way we do this is the high press and being higher up the pitch. Our strengths under Rodgers have always been the ability fo a central midfielder getting on the ball high up the pitch or our wide attackers winning the ball high up the pitch and releasing the free players to create openings. Right now we aren't doing it for any great length of time and this slow possession football is only any good if you are on form and full of confidence that you will get a breakthrough. Otherwise the pressure and anxiety builds and it's too easy for the opposition to play against.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark said:

I keep reading this. What 5 subs would you use to improve the side? Subs: Ward, Morgan, Bennett, Fuchs, Choudhury, Mendy, Gray, Albrighton, Iheanacho.

I get what you're saying.

Generally, You can add Praet/Maddison to that list, which does lift it.

Specifically against Chelsea, Iheanacho should have been expected to have a go. 

So yes, let's say Maddison is on the bench on wednesday, that's him, Ihenacho, Gray, Choudhury and Albrighton.

Whilst I understand bringing on subs can go either way in terms of influencing the game, I think those 5 are quality enough to come on and make a difference.

For me, It's more about the altered game frequency at the moment and rotating players seems like it could help the squad, but we'll only find out how the players were actually affected with quick turn around games after this season ends. 

Let me assume you're not happy with the bench situation, then I'd say, it should be exciting times ahead for you with the anticipated transfer activity to give the team more depth. 

Defense stays the same for me, I'd start with the diamond.

Ndidi at the base is given, followed by the Belgian boys and madders at the top, with vards and Perez up top.

If madders isn't fit, I'd put Hamza in and put youri as the 10. Given his current form I think moving him up the pitch a tad will suit him and allow him to pull the strings and link up the play with the attack.

Having Perez and Choudhury in should help the high press and gives us the option of bringing in Barnes, gray and kelechi if we want to add some width and pace against tired legs towards the end of the game. 

Writing this out, I'd be tempted to swap vards for kelechi so vards is on the bench to come on but I can't see that happening.

We need a change though, and I think we need someone in at 10 to link the play as that's been missing since the restart.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

3-4-1-2 for me on Wednesday

Schmeichel

Soyuncu

Evans

Fuchs

Justin

Ndidi

Praet

Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy

Iheanacho

Subs: Barnes, Perez, Morgan, Bennett, Tielemans, Choudhury, Gray, Albrighton, Ward

We need to be fast and direct, forget this passing about at the back. Get the ball swiftly up pitch and win the 2nd balls and push them back. We need a 2 goal headstart and we'll smash through this period of negativity. Maddison needs to be camped in Everton's half, receiving the ball on the half turn and quickly getting Vardy and Iheanacho through the channels. After 55-60 mins get both Barnes and Perez on for Vardy or Iheanacho depending who is knackered and depending on the score Maddison can drop in for a central midfielder or take one of Chilwell or Fuchs off if we have to go more attacking. Barnes and Perez can maintain a similar presence in and around the attack with a high press and energy. Perez with space centrally to feed Barnes and the remaning striker ought to be positive too.

I know all this sounds easy but we have to try and effect a change and i'm convinced the way we do this is the high press and being higher up the pitch. Our strengths under Rodgers have always been the ability fo a central midfielder getting on the ball high up the pitch or our wide attackers winning the ball high up the pitch and releasing the free players to create openings. Right now we aren't doing it for any great length of time and this slow possession football is only any good if you are on form and full of confidence that you will get a breakthrough. Otherwise the pressure and anxiety builds and it's too easy for the opposition to play against.

Can anyone get Brendan Ric's number please? This is EXACTLY what we should do.

• Haha 1

Not going to watch this one.

If it's the same as our performances since December, I save myself a wasted couple of hours. (Most likely)

If we play well and win it will be a nice pleasant surprise and I can look forward to watching the highlights.

Win-win situation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1