Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Everton (A) pre match

20 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

We are awful at the minute but today at least we fought a bit better and were against a strong team.

Keep the team how it was today and against not so good teams we should start winning.

I think we need to play more compact and control the midfield better in a game away at Everton but have a threat going forward. So id play 2 up top.

Kasper

Justin Evans Soyuncu Chillwell

Tielemans Ndidi Praet

Maddison

Vardy Nacho

Think this will help us control the game a bit better and also gets Maddison involved in the areas that can create. 2 Options up top will keep Everton nervous about over commiting.

We might lose width but give Maddison the role to drift wide but never track back..keep him up there with the top 2 , gives us more bodies.

Totally agree with this. Sacrificeing wingers is a gamble but apart from albrighton (sub) then I dont think we can harm ourselves any further! Also if we are going more direct then we need better through ball players and Praet/Tielemans/Maddison all fit the bill.

Justin isn’t even close to being of the level we require in the here and now. That’s not to say he won’t get there; just that he isn’t there. We have to find a shape that negates the need to play him. Barnes  needs to be dropped. And, battoning down the hatches- so does Vardy. He needs a breather, if nothing else. Nacho cannot

do worse, presently. 

12 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Totally agree with this. Sacrificeing wingers is a gamble but apart from albrighton (sub) then I dont think we can harm ourselves any further! Also if we are going more direct then we need better through ball players and Praet/Tielemans/Maddison all fit the bill.

Yeah I feel this will make the game compact but also give us people to aim at, going forward. Leave Madders up there and with 2 up top, get people around Vardy.

Also gives us a solid midfield, use Praets legs and Ndidi holding and allow YT to at times get forward and support more.

I feel recently when YT plays hes too deep, when we were smashing it ..he was joining attacks and linking situations.

We played this formation and personal vs Aston Villa and created so many openings. I feel we need to almost take the pressure off and just go for it. Id rather lose 3-2 than try and stifle Everton and lose 1-0. Time to take the hand brake off and go 'we attack you attack' we'll see whose the better team then.

14 minutes ago, sdb said:

you've accidentally put Demari Gray in there 

I know but when your only other options are past it Albrighton and competition winner Barnes, not much else to do. Also to be fair Gray has looked the most dangerous out of all the wingers since lockdown

8 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

I'm just glad that we have such a big squad with quality in depth and that we rested key players Vs Chelsea today because 3 more matches in the next 9 days is gonna be tough

Nonsense 1-0 win v Everton

2-0 win v Palace 

2-1 defeat v Arsenal 

Edited by Beachyboy

An FA cup win would have been a sentimental choice but the big prize is still on the table. Only by getting Champions League football can we hope to build towards challenging the top 6 consistently. Arguably losing to Chelsea, however disappointing, could provide us with a better opportunity to clinch a top 4 finish from here. Another game against Man U and then a final against Man City would not have helped our cause in the league. If we can somehow get a win at Everton (a little luck wouldn't go amiss) then we are back in the box seat with 6 games to play and the quarter final defeat will be well and truly forgotten. Our recruitment in the summer will be very different if we've secured a Champions League spot. Only with more quality and greater squad depth can we progress from where we are now. Poor as our form has been since Christmas these remaining few games will likely be the best shot we are ever going to get. Just look at the way Chelsea, with all their current resources, are already retooling for next year. We have punched well above our weight this season and we are still in with a puncher's chance in the final round. Come on Brendan and the lads, pick yourselves off the canvas and give it everything you've got! 

Edited by SixtiesFox
  • Like 1

Manager and players are under massive pressure now to save this season of high promise from going down the pan. Can they handle it? Recent evidence suggests not.

Easy 2-0 win for Everton with just one shot on target for us followed by another inane, excuse-ridden post-match summary by Rodgers.