Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

VARDY - 100.

3 minutes ago, Manini said:

Nah that’s bollocks. Kante was unreal for a season but Vardy has shown longevity and proved us wrong on many occasions. Our best ever. 

I actually agree that Vardy has been Leicester's greatest ever player 100% but that is slightly different from "the best player I've ever seen". Kante was and is a better footballer.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Haha 3

If you exclude his first season where he was played out on the wing, his record is 96 goals in 172 appearances. That is absolutely staggering and if he nets another 4 goals this season he would be quicker to 100 than Michael Owen, Andy Cole and Robin Van Persie and 7th quickest overall. 

• Like 2

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

I actually agree that Vardy has been Leicester's greatest ever player 100% but that is slightly different from "the best player I've ever seen". 

I’d argue Wilf is doing as good a job as Kante ever did. Sorry if you think that’s wild but I’ll stick with it. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

We will have to agree to disagree on that Kante in 15/16 was absolutely breath-taking. Completely world class.

Not just tackles and interceptions but bombing forward getting involved in every attack.

However I don't want to hijack the Vardy 100 thread arguing that someone else is a better footballer as like I said he is our greatest ever player.

Yep happy to agree to disagree. Great achievement. Great player. 

• Like 2

£1m = 100 PL goals @ £10k per goal. Simply astonishing. Astonishing. I reckon he knew that trophy was sitting around waiting to be presented. Such a weight off his shoulders. Hopefully. He’s been an absolute legend. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Bore off.

Bore off ......who actually uses words like that

maybe you don’t get the sarcasm....Vardy for me is the greatest player we have ever had

i make 4 goals in just over 4 appearances since his injury 

Without him, we might very well have still have got promoted (Nugent, Mahrez, Morgan, Schmeichel, King, and a dose of investment from our wonderful owners).

But we would probably have gone back to where we came from and we certainly wouldn't have done a great escape, won the Premier league or been the side we have been.

Basically, without him, we are probably Hull City or Fulham.

He's been that important.

• Like 2

Rodgers referred to him as the club’s “greatest ever goalscorer” in the post match interview with RL the other day.

Obvs, he’s a way off in terms of numbers, and there’s plenty of arguments for it, but it’s interesting to hear a manager make such a big statement. I wonder whether it was a part of a wider confidence boost tactic.

• Like 1

Our silver fox becomes a centurion!

bravo bravo take a bow Vardy.

sorry we all doubted you. Now go

on score some hatricks in the next 

few games and secure us that champijns

league spot you devil!  

:vardy:

17 hours ago, rico said:

Club should release a dvd

Surprised that no one thought about doing a film documentary on him; oh, wait..

He certainly deserves the legend status in the game.

Edited by Wymsey