Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

VARDY - 100.

10 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I know this thread is about Vardy, the bloke is a hero and easily our most important player of all time - but good grief, that Mahrez touch for one of his three goals against Man City in the rain, NSFW.

One of my favourite Mahrez moments, it was sublime.

• Like 2

Jamie Vardy 100 goals: Premier League centurions ranked by goal-per-game ratio (15th-1st)

https://www.givemesport.com/1579883-jamie-vardy-100-goals-premier-league-centurions-ranked-by-goalpergame-ratio-15th1st?utm_source=carousel&utm_medium=internal

Ranked 7th

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

Jamie Vardy 100 goals: Premier League centurions ranked by goal-per-game ratio (15th-1st)

https://www.givemesport.com/1579883-jamie-vardy-100-goals-premier-league-centurions-ranked-by-goalpergame-ratio-15th1st?utm_source=carousel&utm_medium=internal

Ranked 7th

Not many on that list that have scored 100 Premier League goals for the same club. 

I love Jamie Vardy and i remember the eyebrows raised when we paid so much for him for a non league player.

More than repaid them many times over.

Did we ever think we'd get 100 premier league goals out of him? Brilliant!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mikw said:

I love Jamie Vardy and i remember the eyebrows raised when we paid so much for him for a non league player.

More than repaid them many times over.

Did we ever think we'd get 100 premier league goals out of him? Brilliant!

I wasn’t convinced we would get 10 championship goals out of him at one stage.

Genuinely thought he would leave after the first season, he looked bereft of confidence and self belief.

• Like 1

Another thing that has been mentioned about him is that he doesn't seem affected by missing. Look at him today- poor touches, scuffed efforts but then a clinical run and finish with the minimum of fuss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Ranked 7th

To be in 7th place in that list says everything about Vardy's quality.:appl: Truly a legend of the game. How on earth will we ever replace him?

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Completely insane rise to glory. What were Wednesday thinking when letting him go!?

Crewe also had him on trial when he was at Stocksbridge Park Steels but did not sign him.

Amazing really when you consider all the talented players who came up through the ranks there.

• Like 1

Really hope he seals the golden boot. The missed penalty v Everton cost him one in 2016 and I'm sure he would love that accolade next to his name.

Gary Lineker is the only Leicester player to win the top division golden boot and that was shared. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tuna said:

Crewe also had him on trial when he was at Stocksbridge Park Steels but did not sign him.

Amazing really when you consider all the talented players who came up through the ranks there.

It's because up until recently the English game has all been about physicality. A striker who is short and lean isn't seen as the type that can lead the line in any division, the exact same thing happened to Ian Wright 15 years prior to Vardy.

Even today, in the lower leagues clubs don't really look at players that have more to their game than just physique. These days in the Premier League, teams will look at players that might be diminutive but that can play, even at a young age. But for example I genuinely think even today that players like Ricardo, David Silva and Bernardo Silva would be passed up at most English clubs outside of the top division and top 6 Championship teams.

It will be interesting to see how the national team develops. We made the semi-finals at the last world cup and tried to play a 433, but even then we scored almost all our goals from set pieces. In Jadon Sancho we have the best up and coming wide forward in world football, who could genuinely be in the Mbappe level of class. But we still can't actually play football at the top level, which is why Belgium took us to the cleaners both times we played them.

But as for Vardy, that makes it just makes his story all the more incredible. He's also proved since Rodgers came in that he's not just a counter attacking striker and that his movement is such that can play for any team. I reckon if Ferguson was still around he would have snapped him up at Man United! He'd know a good player when he saw one regardless of size, stature or age. Luckily Fergie retired!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

Still got the speed touch and hunger, I  would like to see what the bookies have him at to net 150 premier league goals. I think that could be a good bet there...

I love Vardy and he’s an absolute legend but not a chance he makes 150.

Hopefully he gets the golden boot(probably only needs 2/3 more goals to get that). Then next season see how he does.

I can see him having 1 more good season as a regular player then it might be too much for his legs(you never know).

I think it’ll be great if he can get to the 120 range. 150 is beyond him I think.

Personally id love him to stay until he retires and even in a season or 2 down the line, if he’s not a starter regularly , he’s that much of A legend , we should give him a contract as a squad player anyway.

• Like 1