Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Leicester 3-0 Crystal Palace Post match

Guest bennytwohats
5 minutes ago, Poiseuille said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but can somebody explain how we were able to sub Hamza on?

I thought the new 5 sub rule still only allowed 3 opportunities to make substitutions?

It's 3 breaks in play - the half time subs don't count towards that.

At last...

It was SO good to see Vardy take that final goal... vintage Jamie Vardy...he’s been scoring them like that for over a decade

Hopefully that’ll give em all confidence!

Btw.. Palace were absolutely dreadful!

Edited by Col city fan

Today also gives me confidence we do have a plan B and can change it up when required. 

Obviously opposition needs to be taken in to account but seeing Justin as RWB and keeping Zaha quiet was good to see. Bennett looked to be out of position at times but he's just as no-nonsense as Soyuncu too. Midfield seemed to like it too finding more space on the ball as Wilf would do the dirty work.  Played in to our hands but Palace clearly were caught off guard from HT when we changed shape as it gave Perez and Tielemans to find space to attack.

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

What a feeling. Have to win 3, 4 on the bounce now though. 

Vardy was having another 2/10 before the goals. Hopefully the floodgates open now!!!

I think because of the bravado he puts on we forget that he can be prone to bouts of self doubt. The relief was clear to see on his face when he bagged the 100 today

• Like 1

Just now, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I purposefully didn't watch that one, took the dog out in my retro Leicester shirt instead. Suppose I've got to do that every bastard match til the end of the season now

Be notably informed you are hereby BANNED from watching any leicester games for the rest of the season!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Much better. We've shown all season we're much better countering teams when we get a lead rather than breaking teams down (we can't). This was the proverbial (in off the ar*e) result we all craved and hope it let's them kick on. Can't see Vardy finishing his second without the first being put on a plate for them. Evans, Youri, Perez and Kel were all great. Bring on Arsenal! 

Excellent change from Rodgers to go to 3 at the back. Thought we looked better for Albrighton being on the left where he can swing crosses in with more space and time.

Bennett solid off the bench alongside Soyuncu and Evans who were good as ever. Ndidi back to his best, he and JJ had Zaha and van Aanholt truly pocketed.

Great boost for Barnes off the bench. Perez is miles better in the middle. Vardy gets so many more chances with him and Iheanacho alongside him, and both of them got well taken goals.

Thought Youri was magnificent. For me he's been our standout outfield player since the restart. Delighted for the whole squad, it's a massive and perfectly timed boost.

Match four more results and we are back to the big time.