Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Leicester 3-0 Crystal Palace Post match

Palace were about the most hospitable opposition we could have hoped for today. They were beyond useless. 

We weren't great but lots of positives to take. Defence solid, Ndidi back near his best, Tielemans showing more energy, Barnes making an impact and most importantly Vardy back in the goals. Hopefully he gets on a streak to fire us into Europe. 

• Like 1

Guest ttfn

Big relief to get the win and we played much better for the most part.

However we have been here before. We thought we were “back” after beating West Ham 4-1 and Villa 4-0. Even drawing 2-2 with Chelsea seemed a step in the right direction. We need to back this up with another win, or at least a draw, on Tuesday.

Wow we needed that win badly and we made really hard work of it. 3-0 flatters us quite badly! Palace always make the game a battle, they might not be the prettiest side in the world but I think Hodgson has them performing as well as is possible with such a squad. Also you have to say that they gifted us two goals and that apart from that they were compact throughout the match and we did not create very much, though we did have chances that were wasted by our misfiring forwards, well until Vardy rediscovered his swagger!

It was an interesting game to watch . First half we controlled the game but did very little with it. It wasn't quite Puel style football but Palace reminded me of us in the title winning season... we were playing the ball around a lot but Palace always had people around to defend and it did not look like we would get a breakthrough, even if Justin was unlucky and Vardy wasted a great opportunity after being put through by Perez.

After half time Rodgers went 352 and deserves a lot of praise for that decision. Bennet did OK, nothing special but going with wingbacks worked and despite Albrighton playing as a wrong-sided wingback, he was effectual in what he did. We started the second half with more intensity and were gifted a goal thanks to some good play. But then most unlike us, we completely sat off Palace and allowed them back into the game and needed a huge save from Kasper who has been our best player since the restart by miles.

Then after the second gifted goal we got our swagger back and Harvey Barnes was terrorising them on the break as they had to push up. Great to have Vardy firing again and it's so fascinating to see that even the legend that he is requires confidence. After being gifted a goal he got his swagger back and the second goal was clinical.

Wilfred Ndidi for me was MOTM by miles. Hoovered everything up and won it all. He really is the platform we need to play as a team. I also though Perez had a very strong game, and Albrighton and Nacho would be on my "keep for the next game" list. Kasper as previously mentioned is irrepressible and enjoying an Indian Summer to his career... we are so fortunate to have him.

I'm not really sure we will get Champions League if I am being honest, we are going into hard games now and still not at 100%. If we played liked we did earlier in the season we'd get top 4, but we still need to turn it up a lot. But a win can change everything and we must hope this kickstarts our campaign for the run-in. So I am hoping I am wrong!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Work to be done but that 2nd Vardy goal might be what was needed to get momentum going in the right direction again.

Think me and Foxfanazer will sleep a little better tonight as it seemed like the nervy 1-0 we feared pre-match was on the cards! :giggle:

8 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

That 2nd half performance has been a long time coming and shows what we are really capable of. Excellent result, well done to all involved.

No Chilwell (second half). No Maddison. 2 upfront - formation change. What Foxestalk wanted before the game.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1