Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Arsenal v Leicester pre match thread 07/07/2020

Just seen if we beat Arsenal on Tuesday, we're on 61 points.

Β 

That will leave Arsenal in 7th on 49 points. Maximum points they'll be able to get is 61 points.Β 

Β 

Dependent on Sheff Utd's result against Burnley tomorrow and against Wolves after we play Arsenal, it'll mean lowest we can finish is 7th...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

They pressed really well this evening ....going to be a very tough evening the way we either play out or play long BUT if we can manage it, playing through their press will bring big rewards ....

I think arsenal were happy to have wolves sit back and give them possession. We certainly won’t be doing that

16 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Difficult to see where you’d fit Barnes in if you play the system we finished with today. You can’t drop either Vardy, Perez or Iheanacho.Β 

I imagine ifΒ we stick with 3 at the back, Barnes will be brought on as a super sub, later on in the game.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Difficult to see where you’d fit Barnes in if you play the system we finished with today. You can’t drop either Vardy, Perez or Iheanacho.Β 

With that system he can only really fit into the position Perez played

Β 

He did excel in that position at West Brom playing behind Rodriguez and Gayle so definitely a possibility later on in the game when there may be a bit more space for him to use between the lines

1 hour ago, blurryface said:

I love using this in any argument with arsenal supporting mates. It's cheap heat but theres no comeback to it. This will never get old.

One of my Arsenal supporting mates gets really angry when this is brought up. He says that all teams do it and it had nothing to with us winning the league. I'm sure a couple of our players have come out and said that it spurred on the dressing room and they came back raring to go

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

That really isn’t a difficult decision, is it? Surely a potentially resurgent Barnes offers more than Perez?Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  KasperΒ 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Justin Β  Evans Β  SoyuncuΒ 

Albrighton Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β ChilwellΒ 

Β  Β  Β  Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Tielemans Β  Β  Β  Wilf

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Barnes

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Nacho Β  Β  Β  Β  Vardy

Β 

All sorts of assumptions in availability, but I'veΒ surprised myself by putting Justin in at a wide CB role ahead of Fuchs or Bennett. But he gives a bit more pace and fitness than either and easily allows us to move back to a flat 4 if necessary.Β